Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
Just letting you all know I won't be at the tonight as I'm going out in about 30 mins. I'll be at the first race next week definitely though. ;)
 
I have had problems with lag over the last couple of days, not racing incase it happens again.
buying a cable so I can be here next week
 
Sign me up for this, i'll be in the Raybrig NSX '06 👍
 
I have had problems with lag over the last couple of days, not racing incase it happens again.
buying a cable so I can be here next week

No problem :)

Sign me up for this, i'll be in the Raybrig NSX '06 👍

Make sure you add both me (Arkano6) and ErikAndre71 on PSN to join the races.

We're starting our last pre-season race tonight in 35 minutes, you're more than welcome to join :)
 
No problem :)



Make sure you add both me (Arkano6) and ErikAndre71 on PSN to join the races.

We're starting our last pre-season race tonight in 35 minutes, you're more than welcome to join :)

I'll see what I can do, where will it be held?
 
I'll see what I can do, where will it be held?

At Nurburgring GP/F.

We've got a number of people missing tonight (which is why we rescheduled first race of the season to next week), but all is good.
 
At Nurburgring GP/F.

We've got a number of people missing tonight (which is why we rescheduled first race of the season to next week), but all is good.

Sounds good to me, i'll be there 👍
 
Despite the fact that I spent 95% of the race alone, that was actually a great race for me.

Had an almighty stint on the hard tyres, despite slowing down a couple of times for Kyaw to catch up :p

My first stint on the soft was a lot better than I expected, managed to get a 52.8xx and also was able to take Erik in the long-term. Then spent the rest of the stint slowly catching GP and Netherdragon, skip to the 3rd stint and in terms of speed, went even better than the second. Was pumping in consistent 52's and low 53's, got my quickest lap of the race again (1:52.505 iirc), made a small mistake losing me ~3 seconds at turns 5 and 6, then Netherdragon pushed me into the side of the chicane...despite me giving him room (sorry about going mad btw) and then made another mistake due to lack of concentration just after the high-speed chicane.

Onwards now to Suzuka. If people don't turn up I'm gunna be annoyed at least :l
 
Good race Arkano!
Had some good fights with Netherdragon.
Pitted on lap 16 to hards.Did 8 laps. Pitted again to go for last stints on soft.
I don't know what happened the 10 last laps. My tyrewear was going insane bad, also didn't felt the force feedback anymore. It felt as i was driving with flat fronttyres (do they installed run flats on it :)? while pitting).
Arkano caught up easily.

Up to the next
 
Ok check the replay and look at my tyres.. I was curious after indy where I did a insane stint on hard tyres. Well I did not drive hard tyres, but if you change to hard after you are happy with the qualify, GT5 will show you are using hard but you are still on something else. It might be medium tyres or soft, I don't know. I couldnt really put in 1:53's like I did on soft later in the race and later in the race I'm not that focused as I'm in the beginning. But putting 1:54.098 on hard is for me impossible.. Here it is a "bug" we need to take care of. I or someone else could easily do this and it would be pretty hard to argue against.

Edit: Oh and welcome tombrooks97! :)
 
Last edited:
Yeah I noticed the bug myself in Rome, because it happened to me. The game must have put me on mediums after I tried going from softs to hard during qualy, because I couldn't catch the guys on soft but I was quicker than the guys on hards.

The easy solution is to just use ONE tyre throughout qualy. Other than that, if you're going less than 4 seconds slower with 'hard' tyres, then we know you're not using hards :p

And of course, welcome to tom. Make sure you get your wheel working for next week ;)

Oh and by the way, teams will be sorted after next weekend now, since only 6 people turned up tonight.

EDIT: Aaaannnnddddd, we have a timer!

img.php
 
Last edited:
I actually think we could have a rule that your first stint would be on soft. Today we had two groups of cars.. the soft tyre group and the hard tyre groupe. This way we would have a closer combat in the start and in my opinion more fun. Also we avoid someone crashing in the start just because he is on hard and try to compete with a guy on soft. We all know how it is in the heat of the moment.

I know this take away a tactical part of the game. But we still can choose if we do a mid stint on hard or a end stint on hard. And there are still a lot of tactical things to do.

Just a idea to avoid the what I would call a boring start we had today and also avoid someone try to cheat the hard tyre bug :)
 
As an avid hard tyre starter, I'm afraid my view is quite biased :sly: :lol: :p
 
I would also love to start on hard tyres, but I would also love the intense first couple of laps as we had last season when everyone was on soft. Much more fun than racing alone because your alone of tyre choice :)
 
I don't really mind too much, but I would say that I think we should wait until after Monza to see. Since we only had 6 people starting tonight, it wasn't really a proper representation :)
 
Could I race with you guys? I would like to use the EPSON NSX (premium)
 
Sure you can race with us, but I don't think you can pick the Epson since it's not on the list.. But Takata Dome NSX ‘06 is available :)
 
I wanted the EPSON because it's the one I own and currently I'm short on money, but surely I can get some money and buy it if needed
 
Then you have to add Arkano6 and ErikAndre71 to your psn friend list. And I guess Arkano update the OP tomorrow :)

The SuperGT 500 cars isn't that expensive :)
 
Then you have to add Arkano6 and ErikAndre71 to your psn friend list. And I guess Arkano update the OP tomorrow :)

The SuperGT 500 cars isn't that expensive :)

Nothing that two wins on the RCT Seasonal can't do it hahaha, tomorrow I'll do it and buy the Takata NSX (even though I still say that the Epson it's more beautiful)
 
You're welcome to race, but as Erik said you'll need to add us on PSN and I'm afraid the only NSX left available is the Takata :)

I'll add you to the OP now 👍
 
Sorry again guys, got probs at home.

Be at Suzuka definately.
 
what are the results of the race...?:)
 
what are the results of the race...?:)

GP
Ark
Netherdragon
Erik
Kyaw
Tombrooks97 - DNF

I haven't watched the replay yet so I don't know who got the fastest lap, but GP got pole :)
 
lol Nobody did choose the Lexus SC430 to race hahaha hahahaha
 
What is a good time around Monza? Can't remember what we did last season.
 
why now Monza at first track?
Sorry for last saturday but i had a German League.
 
why now Monza at first track?
Sorry for last saturday but i had a German League.

monza is 1st as kyaw's fav track is suzuka and he cant make 1st race of seaon so monza is swapped with it.

same with the swap for le sarthe and laguna seca due to a request I put in that was seconded by a couple others.
 
Joey975
Around 1:34 iirc, I might be wrong though. ;)

Oh my.. I did a 1:44 and there is room for improving, but not 10 seconds :(
 
Back