Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
Well it is possible to be tactical too, you don't have to push for podium even if you are good enough to do it. This way there will be weight in more cars and it will even itself out. I also think 95kg is to much, but I think we should add weight until the person is off the podium. But when he is off I think we should drop the weight faster than half of the weight. Also I say drop all weight in the last race or maybe the two last race. The meaning of success ballast is to keep anyone from dominating and win the championship in the first 4-5 races. In race 9-10-11 we aren't at race 4-5 any more.

And we cant blame everything on GP, we could try to be better ourself. It is wrong to be wanting someone to be worse so you have a chance instead of wanting to become better to have a chance in my opinion.

And Maxitsu, if GP goes down to 50kg now its fair to say, the chance of him stay on the podium in the next race is bigger than with more weight. I don't see how this will make him ballast free!
 
You guys are really over thinking ballast. The way he (arkano) has it now always works out fine. It's been proven in GT4 and WSGTC to be a very fair way of balancing out the field over time.

Just go with it and race :) Arkano knows what he's doing.
 
Ye but he was asking what we had to say about it. So we answered. this way Arkano can decide what he wants to do.
 
You guys are really over thinking ballast. The way he (arkano) has it now always works out fine. It's been proven in GT4 and WSGTC to be a very fair way of balancing out the field over time.

Just go with it and race :) Arkano knows what he's doing.

It's a funny subject :lol:

Oh and Arkano, can you put on the tour calendar. the laps you need to do on hards. Its easy to find, instead of to ask every week.

Yeah we can do that.

If someone can finish in second place with an extra 70kg of weight, then clearly the penalty isn't enough and lowering it would only increase a persons chance to get on the podium at the next race.

So I think for now, we'll go with 95kg and see how it goes :scared: :sly:

EDIT:

pre-season-leaderboardmpq4.png
 
Last edited:
Ballast for next week:

Roy can half his ballast to 25kg
Erik can half his ballast to 35kg
Phil can now remove all ballast
Biffy & Falcon retain their ballast
GP ... Haven't decided yet :lol:

Kyaw And Arkano?
 
i look forward to race with 95kg of ballast :sick::dopey:
 
What?! so I did 25 laps on hard then... go copy that guys :)

Normally with the speed and practice you had, you should have been just before or just behind me. Don't stress with the time trials neither :)
And leave those hard tires in the garage next time. After 2 laps i saw on the stint you started on hards, don't get it why you didn't feel it and putted hards 2 times :)
 
Normally with the speed and practice you had, you should have been just before or just behind me. Don't stress with the time trials neither :)
And leave those hard tires in the garage next time. After 2 laps i saw on the stint you started on hards, don't get it why you didn't feel it and putted hards 2 times :)

How you can see that when I actually had a crash in lap 1 and ended up all the way at the bottom with a destroyed engine and I actually worked my way up to 6th position on hard and everyone around me was on soft. Well someone said the track wasn't made for hard tyres, well then I shouldn't be able to do that. But I did some stupid mistakes in season one too, they didn't happen twice :)

But if you take a closer look to the replay you see when I know I'm on hard tyres I have slower laptimes :) so I learned I can push the hard alot more than I normaly do :)
 
How you can see that when I actually had a crash in lap 1 and ended up all the way at the bottom with a destroyed engine and I actually worked my way up to 6th position on hard and everyone around me was on soft. Well someone said the track wasn't made for hard tyres, well then I shouldn't be able to do that. But I did some stupid mistakes in season one too, they didn't happen twice :)

But if you take a closer look to the replay you see when I know I'm on hard tyres I have slower laptimes :) so I learned I can push the hard alot more than I normaly do :)

ah ok, i haven't seen the replay yet :)
I found it not normal that you stayed up 7-8 laps at the back, so i was almost sure you were on hard.
 
ah ok, i haven't seen the replay yet :)
I found it not normal that you stayed up 7-8 laps at the back, so i was almost sure you were on hard.

Erik is Mr.Wildcard this season.
 
sup guys, just a heads up im not going to be able to make the last pre season race either, got (yet another) 21st to go to.
(last one of the year finally so il be fine for season 2).

also can I get some views from people on the toms supra for a car?

I cant test properly due to some internet issues im experiencing still in new house (will be sorted for season 2 though).
 
Good and fast but tyre wear is a problem.

Its got a lot of torque I think so on Hard tyres it will be an "experience"!
 
sup guys, just a heads up im not going to be able to make the last pre season race either, got (yet another) 21st to go to.
(last one of the year finally so il be fine for season 2).

also can I get some views from people on the toms supra for a car?

I cant test properly due to some internet issues im experiencing still in new house (will be sorted for season 2 though).

There will more than likely be another pre-season race after Rome to try and maximise the people we have at the start of season 2, so don't worry ;)
 
There will more than likely be another pre-season race after Rome to try and maximise the people we have at the start of season 2, so don't worry ;)

Good, since I can't make the next 2 races 👎
 
I added a "GT500 only" harddrive to my server and put up a FTP server for all active members of this championship. I did so because file sharing via some sites used to upload replay's last season took forever to download because I wasn't registered on that particular site. Haven't had that low speed since I was on ISDN 7kb/s

You may upload what ever you want to share with the other guys. I don't care if it's a mp3 or a GT5 replay, but the intention is for GT5 files.

This is so far limited to the users:
Arkano
Kyaw
GP-Cian
Joey
Netherdragon
Zzxxz
Phil
Maxitsu

New members will be added after they shown up to some races and shown some activity.

For access you need a FTP program I suggest FileZilla since its a free program and can be downloaded for all platforms. Linux, Mac and Windows. If you are interested pm me and say so and I send you the information needed Username and password and of course IP and port.

The files uploaded through a FTP client can be downloaded via a http url, but I don't want to make that url public. Since public traffic can happen when we play and then the lag could start.

I had no one wanting this except for Arkano, did you guys miss this or are you just afraid to ask or just not interested? The server is ready so the job is already done for me.

I also added an account for fork as he seems to be pretty active :)
 
We can use that to host the images for the OP, right?

But it would be just much easier to use the free hosting services that i use now.
 
The reason why I put it up is actually if someone forgot to save their replay then someone can upload it. But if you want to put up something else you are free to do so!

The one time I didn't save my replay Arkano was kind enough to upload it to a file share thingy. I got the awesome speed of 7kb/s. From me you can get up to 7MB/s you have that replay in no time.

Images have great hosting services online so, no I don't see why my bandwidth should be used to stuff like that.
 
HI Guys i want to drive also in the Championchip.
where is the next race and when?
And on which track?
What for a Car i can take?
And what for tuining?
PLs register me for the next championchip and write me the Important imformations.
Iam verry lucky to find a proffesionel league
 
HI Guys i want to drive also in the Championchip.
where is the next race and when?
And on which track?
What for a Car i can take?
And what for tuining?
PLs register me for the next championchip and write me the Important imformations.
Iam verry lucky to find a proffesionel league

If you can't even be bothered to read the OP, what does that say about your possible race craft and future attendance?
 
Sorry m8 but my english is not so good and when you explain it me again its bether.but i will ask my dad that he explain me the that.
 
Just for information tony kart. If your father will have to translate the forum for you you will have to have your father present while we play too. It happens that Arkano give us information in the lounge we are playing in and that's is given in English. It's no excuse to say you didn't understand it.
 
OK but its a place free for me?
And with which car?
 
ok i have understand it now can we make traning together in ROM?
And where is always the lobby host i will you added.
 
You'll need to add ErikAndre71 to your friends list for the lobby host, we practice & race in his private lounge.

Car choice for season 2 will start tomorrow, I'll make the 'official' post in this thread determining when car choice will open (probably somewhere around 11am BST). If you feel you've made a horrendous mistake in your car choice, you will be allowed to change car before the season officially starts. Once the season has started, car changes may only take place in absolutely exceptional circumstances.
 
OK i added him in one houer.
I think i will take the takata Dome.
I have added you also do you see that?
 
Back