Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
I thought he was on softs as well, it was one hell of a stint he did.
I also hate this stupid track, you'd think after 3 years they would at least put the actual layout in the game:tdown:
Erik is this your computer?
4bEO9.jpg

Haha, I do that sometimes with my pc when it's hot weather minus the tape, I just stand the fan next to it. :D
 
I also hate this stupid track, you'd think after 3 years they would at least put the actual layout in the game:tdown:

Isn't the new layout only used for MotoGP? They had a LMS test race there in 2009, but then they used most of the old layout and they went back to run clockwise. The MotoGP runs it counter clockwise I believe.

Polyphony Digital probably kept the old layout since that was the one they raced cars on 💡
 
How many laps tonight?

Btw, I think I'll stick with my Takata Dome for season 2 now.
 
Just a quick note regarding hard tyre mandatory race length in the enduro races, for now I've put it down as 45km but I will get around to testing that thoroughly before the season starts at Suzuka in a few weeks.

Hard tyre laps for tonight is 8 laps.

Success Ballast:

Erik receives 70kg
Roy receives 50kg
Biffy receives 30kg
GP-CiaN maintains 70kg
Phil can now half his ballast to 25kg.

The success ballast for tonight. Remember to note that tonight we'll be going back to the original way of doing things. Ballast will be applied before the qualifying begins and the race will start after 30 minutes of qualy. No messing around this time.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we'll be doing a very short 3-lap race just before qualy to see if anyone has any race-ruining lag.
 
Last edited:
Sorry guys but I don't think I will be able to make the race tonight, got to be up at 3 in the morning tomorrow as I'm going on holiday, and I'll up for about 20 hours tomorrow (:crazy:) so I'm gonna need as much sleep as I can get. There is still a chance I'll drop by, depends how I feel, just saying it's unlikely. Have a good race and I'll inform you (Arkano) later in the week whether I'll take part in the actual season.

Peace 👍
 
Sorry guys but I don't think I will be able to make the race tonight, got to be up at 3 in the morning tomorrow as I'm going on holiday, and I'll up for about 20 hours tomorrow (:crazy:) so I'm gonna need as much sleep as I can get. There is still a chance I'll drop by, depends how I feel, just saying it's unlikely. Have a good race and I'll inform you (Arkano) later in the week whether I'll take part in the actual season.

Peace 👍

No problem, that's what the pre-season & summer are for! :sly:

Would be great to see you in the actual season, but it's up to you :)
 
I'd love to but it depends on my real-life commitments, I'll see how things go and get back to you on it 👍
 
Me no make it tonight, blame my mate for being born tomorrow many years ago.
 
No problem.

Looks like it's going to be a quiet night then! No netherdragon, no zzxxz & no biffy.
 
I can't believe it, after a good qually session and a good start getting into 1st at turn 1 out braking kyaw, I go and spin and then my stupid pit crew decided to give me softs again for my last stint making me have to make an extra pit stop for hards losings me about a minute :(.
 
Bad luck Joey. :(

My race went well apart from Joey's superior braking point at the first turn first lap.
Hard tyres are not exactly well suited for the track though.

Best lap is something like 1.26.6xx. Not faster than qualifying lap and certainly not going to be fastest lap of the race without all that slipstream.
 
Kyaw 2:11.009 +10
GP 2:34.058
Ark 2:38.278
Erik 2:42.098
Roy 3:19.169
Maxi 3:53.515
Joey 4:02.217 +10
Fork -
Phil -

Provisional results for tonights race.

My race was fine until I went in the gravel, gifting GP a second place. Grats to Kyaw for winning.
 
Weird race


My start was good but i couldn't get any advantage from it becaus i got blocked by arkano, so at the first turn Fork almost knocked me out (lucky there is a wall on the inside). then at the middle of the lap i had a amazing moment. on the "mid-lap-straight" i catched Arkano, GP and Roy all on the same time. Arkano & gp(i think) were slower on the straight and i took Roy at the inside of the next corner, placing me in 3th. I am gonna burn this overtake on DVD :sly: its not like i overtake the best drivers every week, now i catched the best 3 all at once 👍

After that it went terrible, 2nd lap first corner i missed my brake point, ended up into the grass, i steer towards the track but could't stop my car in time to avoid Roy. apologize Roy. waiting for my penalty :indiff:
next lap in the same corner my car just slips away without knowing what happent. it was like someone hitted me but there was no one behind me. I ended up last.

I was catching Fork and choose to use my hards on my second stint, same like phil i think. at that moment it was really weird. I was much faster compared to phil but at 6 laps-old-hard-tyres the car started to spin like crazy. lost a lot of time and Phil catched me. But we both were standing still in the corners we couldn't even move our car away for the faster drivers. Like Joey couldn't lap us very fast. Phil and i were driving limousines on ice. after i changed the hard tyres for softs, i did a consistent stint, i lapped Fork & phil, unlapped myself whit Arkano and GP. and i took a bonus in the last lap/corner when Joey span. Crazy becaus at some point in the race he lapped me.
 
Last edited:
LOL!

Erik! You used the hard tyres twice that race! You started with them on :lol: :sly:
 
What?! so I did 25 laps on hard then... go copy that guys :)
 
Kyaw 2:21.009
GP 2:34.058
Ark 2:38.278
Erik 2:42.098
Roy 3:19.169
Maxi 3:53.515
Joey 4:12.217
Fork -
Phil -

1:25.828 is the fastest lap by GP-CiaN.

Kyaw and Joey already had 10 second penalties outstanding from last race, said penalties did not affect either drivers finishing positions. Phil receives a 50 second penalty for driving the wrong way and crashing into Fork at the end of the race.

Going to do a whole bunch of testing this week regarding the Lexus and a limited turbo and regarding the motul and whether the extra stock 30kg is affected in the overall ballast.

Ballast for next week:

Roy can half his ballast to 25kg
Erik can half his ballast to 35kg
Phil can now remove all ballast
Biffy & Falcon retain their ballast
GP ... Haven't decided yet :lol:

Regarding continual ballast, what do people think? In GP's case he finished second whilst carrying an extra 70kg of weight, the rules I've put down already say that he now needs to add half the ballast of second place, making that an extra 95kg overall. Should the ballast be lowered to 50kg for second or totalled up to 95kg? In the real world, it would be added on. Tough one really, but that's what the pre-season is for!
 
i say 50kg for second place.


also, whats the point to give the last driver a "50 second penalty"? :sick: you can ruin everybody's race whitout any problem. Better to carry the penalty over to next race or change it into ballast.
 
Going to do a whole bunch of testing this week regarding the Lexus and a limited turbo and regarding the motul and whether the extra stock 30kg is affected in the overall ballast.

The Motul is 30kg slower by standard. Tested it a lot lately. Add 30kg to another GT-R and you see the Performance points goes to the same. So I say use your time on the Lexus testing. But of course you can test it if you don't trust me :)
 
You don't notice that? :scared:

Well I put them on after I qualified, but I was not sure after I got a several 1:28 laps and even did a 1.27 on hard.. Made me unsure and didn't want to be disqualified for not using them :P

slipstream is maybe a bit to much :P
 
i say 50kg for second place.


also, whats the point to give the last driver a "50 second penalty"? :sick: you can ruin everybody's race whitout any problem. Better to carry the penalty over to next race or change it into ballast.

I'm still unsure about it, but for now we'll leave it be.

The Motul is 30kg slower by standard. Tested it a lot lately. Add 30kg to another GT-R and you see the Performance points goes to the same. So I say use your time on the Lexus testing. But of course you can test it if you don't trust me :)

No I trust you, I'm just weighing up all the options ;)

Well I put them on after I qualified, but I was not sure after I got a several 1:28 laps and even did a 1.27 on hard.. Made me unsure and didn't want to be disqualified for not using them :P

slipstream is maybe a bit to much :P

1:28's on hards? I'm gunna have to check the replay again :lol:
 
Regarding continual ballast, what do people think? In GP's case he finished second whilst carrying an extra 70kg of weight, the rules I've put down already say that he now needs to add half the ballast of second place, making that an extra 95kg overall. Should the ballast be lowered to 50kg for second or totalled up to 95kg? In the real world, it would be added on. Tough one really, but that's what the pre-season is for!

I think:

I say add it on, it's hard, but when you are capable of getting a second place with 70kg the only way to stop make one person dominate is to add on. I know it's heavy to drag around 70kg and I only can guess what 95kg will feels like.
But I think if he place outside the podium in the next race he should get half of second place as total weight instead of half of 95kg. This way he still have the chance in winning the championship.
I know Rome is the last race of the pre season, but I'm thinking about the season 2.
And I think the last race of the season (not the pre season) should lift off all added weight. Make a "final" with no success ballast. So it not going to end up with fights for 4th place in the second to last race.

Edit: after reading it myself I see it will fast be to complicated.

Well I don't know really...
 
Last edited:
I just got an idea!

You keep the 1-3 success ballast but instead of going half on half off you can have a podium "penalty" of 5,10 or 15kg. Lets say you use 10kg to make this easy.

In GP-CiaN's case here he got 70kg, if he stays on the podium he gets 10kg extra for each time he is on the podium. So after today's race he should have 80kg.

If Roy had finished first today as he had 50kg he would have get 70kg for the first place + podium twice so 80kg

Always use the best podium position before you add the podium "penalty"

Two times on third will be 40kg
Two times on second will be 60kg
etc
About how to take it off. I suggest you do half of the original weight so if GP finish 4th in Rome he would get back to 35kg if we where in season.

I have no idea how this would work, but I think it strict enough. Even though GP was easy the best last season, it was close for a long period of time so I don't actually think we need to reach 100kg here.

So what do the other guys think?
 
I just got an idea!

You keep the 1-3 success ballast but instead of going half on half off you can have a podium "penalty" of 5,10 or 15kg. Lets say you use 10kg to make this easy.

In GP-CiaN's case here he got 70kg, if he stays on the podium he gets 10kg extra for each time he is on the podium. So after today's race he should have 80kg.

If Roy had finished first today as he had 50kg he would have get 70kg for the first place + podium twice so 80kg

Always use the best podium position before you add the podium "penalty"

Two times on third will be 40kg
Two times on second will be 60kg
etc
About how to take it off. I suggest you do half of the original weight so if GP finish 4th in Rome he would get back to 35kg if we where in season.

I have no idea how this would work, but I think it strict enough. Even though GP was easy the best last season, it was close for a long period of time so I don't actually think we need to reach 100kg here.

So what do the other guys think?

It was only as close as it was because GP slowed to let others catch/Pass him in a few races!

Terrible race from me last night, my qualy time was low 1.29's, 3 secs off!

I just couldn't get into it at all.

Sorry about hitting you fork, thought everyone had finished apart from me!

Can someone post their GT-R settings so I can see what I should have done. I need to get a better understanding of how things actually work in GT5!
 
Fun race last night, but really hard with 70 kg of ballast!
Had some good battles.
On the straights and out coming off the corners, peoples without ballast drive away as crazy.
The mogul is originally 0,3s slower than other gtr's. So imagine 40kg extra what makes it 0,7s slower. Tyrewear is also affected by the ballast.

With the ballast i'm not able to win a race, and that is not a problem, but putting extra ballast, isn't competitive anymore.
Image a track as sarthe, monza, fugi, every track with a long straight, won't be able to follow i think. It needs to stay fun also no?

:)
 
Fun race last night, but really hard with 70 kg of ballast!
Had some good battles.
On the straights and out coming off the corners, peoples without ballast drive away as crazy.
The mogul is originally 0,3s slower than other gtr's. So imagine 40kg extra what makes it 0,7s slower. Tyrewear is also affected by the ballast.

With the ballast i'm not able to win a race, and that is not a problem, but putting extra ballast, isn't competitive anymore.
Image a track as sarthe, monza, fugi, every track with a long straight, won't be able to follow i think. It needs to stay fun also no?

:)


yea thats why i say "50kg" for next race...95 is to much. also there are only 10 or 11 races, if you add up the ballast, cian would never be able to drive ballast free.



Oh and Arkano, can you put on the tour calendar. the laps you need to do on hards. Its easy to find, instead of to ask every week.
 
With the ballast i'm not able to win a race, and that is not a problem, but putting extra ballast, isn't competitive anymore.
Image a track as sarthe, monza, fugi, every track with a long straight, won't be able to follow i think. It needs to stay fun also no?

:)

But you will gain on them with the slipstream though.
 
Back