Interest Check: 3D3's 100 Week Anniversary Team Event (Aug 10)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put my name in for Team GB, there could be more than enough for multiple teams, so as they sign up we can organise a second team or alternate team of some kind.

Team Oranje.(Dutch spelling;))

Thoughts?

team_netherlands_oranje-1.png
OR
team_netherlands_oranje.png
OR
team_netherlands_oranje-2.png

Last edited:
The inland lakes under the north sea make the Lion look like he's wearing a cowboy hat. ;)

Haha, your totally right it does!

Also, I'm thinking team colours wise, for Team GB, team no.1 could have say blue car, red rims, and team 2, red car blue rims. Or something like that. Or maybe some white in there somewhere. I'm sure it can be figured out if there becomes 2 teams.

oink83
Haha, your totally right it does!

Also, I'm thinking team colours wise, for Team GB, team no.1 could have say blue car, red rims, and team 2, red car blue rims. Or something like that. Or maybe some white in there somewhere. I'm sure it can be figured out if there becomes 2 teams.

Weren't there some old school national racing colours?

For the most balanced teams I'll join Mika and Robert.
Checked the registry,and we'll have a totall handicap of 8531.
If Bart joins you and Wouter you guys will have a totall handicap of 7949.
Deal? 👍

Sure 👍

SilverArrow
British racing green?

Yes, I'll have to look it up but I do believe the early F1 standardized international motorsport colors is where "British Racing Green" came from. As well as "Italian Racing Red" and "French Blue"... IIRC white was German until Auto Union bucked the trend with the silver arrows (wouldn't surprise me if this is why Audi LMP cars are always silver regardless of sponsorship).

Traditional (old school) racing colors perhaps?

Germany:
1st choice: White
2'nd choice: Aluminum (chrome/silver)

France: Light blue

Italy: Red

GB: Green (Brittish racing green)

USA:
1st choice: White with two blue stripes (I know it's not possible on most cars in GT5, just putting these out)
2nd choice: Blue with two White stripes

Canada:
1st choice: White, with paralell green stripes (traditional)
2nd choice: White with horizontal red stripes (since 1965)

Sweden: Blue/Yellow

The Netherlands: Orange

Shawn & Joe, I've started "Team USA"... come join me!

If we get too many we can always split into USA/East and USA/West (or the extras can team up with a couple Canadian drivers and form Team NA).

I am signed up for Team USA thanks Tim. And I will be happy, wear ever you need to put me.👍

I've registered as free agent... I have a fairly open schedule so there shouldn't be any issues as far as practice times and such. The U.S. 👍 send me a pm or add my psn. GTP_Jared93 let me know.

I've registered as free agent... I have a fairly open schedule so there shouldn't be any issues as far as practice times and such. The U.S. 👍 send me a pm or add my psn. GTP_Jared93 let me know.

Just sign up with team USA if you want and we will divide up as necessary. A couple guys on the team are reserve too.

I signed up as a free agent. My vacation schedule is unclear at this time, but I think I will be back by Aug. 4. That is subject to my daugher's sports and work schedules as to when we start our family vacation.

I'm here :D, just signed up as a free agent for now. We'll have to see what Ren's schedule is like and there are a couple in the Academy that may be interested. I might even be able to convince some from the ORS to join as well to create an ANZAC team(Australia New Zealand Army Corp, this is war right :P).

Sunday at that time should be fine; signed up as confirmed, but hard to know for sure that far away. Let me know our team name, and if we get any more punters 👍

Not sure if Ill be around but If I am ill definitely race in this it will also (almost) be my first year in in the WRS :) plus a few days

Anyway I was thinking for qualifying it would be awesome to do it DTM style 4 rounds first 3 rounds are like F1 where you qualify within a specified amount of time. The 4th round, the pole shootout, is a bit different where the top 4 (although given the number of people it maybe top 6) have only one lap to go for pole (some added pressure might mix up the grid a bit and create an exciting race) What do you guys think??

I wouldn't mind a T-shirt but the shipping cost will definitely be up there :) unless its snail mail, in that case it would get to me just in time for the 200th week anniversary :sly:

Not sure if Ill be around but If I am ill definitely race in this it will also (almost) be my first year in in the WRS :) plus a few days

Anyway I was thinking for qualifying it would be awesome to do it DTM style 4 rounds first 3 rounds are like F1 where you qualify within a specified amount of time. The 4th round, the pole shootout, is a bit different where the top 4 (although given the number of people it maybe top 6) have only one lap to go for pole (some added pressure might mix up the grid a bit and create an exciting race) What do you guys think??

I wouldn't mind a T-shirt but the shipping cost will definitely be up there :) unless its snail mail, in that case it would get to me just in time for the 200th week anniversary :sly:

The qualifying sounds interesting, but probably not a fit for this event. We have a couple rounds, a lot of people to coordinate and not much time given it's a one day event.

We are going to pre-qualify for round 1 (observed quali) which will free up time for racing on event day. Not 100% decided yet on round 2, but the goals are simple and quick.

The qualifying sounds interesting, but probably not a fit for this event. We have a couple rounds, a lot of people to coordinate and not much time given it's a one day event.

We are going to pre-qualify for round 1 (observed quali) which will free up time for racing on event day. Not 100% decided yet on round 2, but the goals are simple and quick.

I figured, it would be hard to coordinate, maybe for a future event, maybe gt6 will help out with the coordination

We would some people from Central Europe here. Where are all ze Germans when you need them?? :D

Or Swiss...?

We would some people from Central Europe here. Where are all ze Germans when you need them?? :D

Or Swiss...?

Go recruit 'em! Check out people from your region on the Official GTP_Registry and see if they are interested/available. I've been trying to drum up some US drivers that way so we can get a few USA teams together.

Also, if you know anyone not already on the registry, there is a lot of time to qualify yet, so they could easily join in time for the event.

Last edited:
Got a couple new USA registrations so split USA into red and blue teams. Made a somewhat random split between the two which is not final of course (we can discuss internally), but we can refine once we get a couple more drivers and we can even the handicap. Only requirement is I'm on Lucas' team if he is able to confirm (founders exception :sly:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back