International Event - Suzuka Expert 750 pp 00-15-30-45

• Thread starter maxzibit
  • 1,226 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, although 750PP is rubbish IMO, I am going to be back to racing in my Clio so see you guys on the track at XX:45

@Ardius
If it were only punters then I wouldn't complain, but with the lag you get punted all over, even if the other person is a clean driver.
That combined with the strong RBE that causes me to crash when i'm having a good race makes this a crap event.

Well, although 750PP is rubbish IMO, I am going to be back to racing in my Clio so see you guys on the track at XX:45
Yes the Cluio has always been good at Suzuka, I'm racing in a Blue Clio, see you there man. ;)

@Ardius
If it were only punters then I wouldn't complain, but with the lag you get punted all over, even if the other person is a clean driver.
That combined with the strong RBE that causes me to crash when i'm having a good race makes this a crap event.

Hmm, the lag is there, but I dont find it that bad, not as bad as Fuji anyway.
The RBE? In my opinion, its barely there. But whatever.
None of this is new, so I dont understand why everyone has suddenly changed their minds about it.

@Ardius

I agree.

Getting a good start with a GTR and then getting nocked off with lag and having to pass drivers isnt as easy anymore.

The only way to do well is probably to race dirty... not that Im telling any of you to do it hehe... I mean...

Maybe I expected the new events to be better chosen?
Like a pro eiger or london event, a RWD only event, or a low pp event.

I agree.

Getting a good start with a GTR and then getting nocked off with lag and having to pass drivers isnt as easy anymore.

The only way to do well is probably to race dirty... not that Im telling any of you to do it hehe... I mean...

But this happened before...first corner has and always will be chaotic, its way better to either start from the back or move over and let everyone past and go into the corner behind the pack.
Suzuka was/is way better than Fuji, HSR and Daytona Oval, in my opinion anyway.

Can't please everyone I suppose.

Well, I beg to differ from the knockers. I've raced a few at Suzuka and I think it's OK.
OK there are punters, nothing new there - they haven't suddenly appeared.
Not much lag for me either.
It seems that we can choose a number of different cars and be competitive.

So its a 👍 from me.

@Ardius
The problem is overtaking. At Fuji the track is wide, so you can keep clear of other cars while overtaking.
This way cars jumping around a bit because of lag won't cause you to ram/get rammed by other people.

Suzuka is a more narrow track where overtaking means that you have to drive closely to another car. Even with the same amount of lag this causes ramming on a lot of overtaking manoeuvres, especially in corners.

And no, not all the races are laggy. You just have to be lucky I guess to get in a lag free race.
Hopefully it will be better this evening with more people from GTP in the races.

Last edited:
@Ardius
The problem is overtaking. At Fuji the track is wide, so you can keep clear of other cars while overtaking.
This way cars jumping around a bit because of lag won't cause you to ram/get rammed by other people.

Only parts of the track are wide, most of the corners at Fuji are actually quite narrow, mostly because of the camber.
But, yes, Suzuka is pretty bad because its narrow too.

Maybe its best not having international events because of the lag? Or at least PD should make a better matching system so it picks better hosts.

Finally Suzuka expert is back! *Explodes with excitement* I probably drive my Tuned Evo X so most likely I be at the back lol.

if you see me don't expect any good racing at the moment, I'm trying out some set ups and cars.. a lot of grip and power in this event!! (and I'm not quit sure if it's a good thing,well at least it's suzuka ;-)

Last edited:
I think my racing for today is over there has been nothing but trouble... Once more a big apology to all drivers who i encountered with.

I was pretty shocked to see like 5 TEW Vipers behind me... (2nd at the time) Then I crashed off lol

Im starting to like the GTR more

Oh man, just had a great race with one of the TEW guys, but those TEAM-mixi drifter dudes were there... 8 of them! Anyway they pull over and let the racers get on with the race (all four of us) and then do their drifting thing. Because of the rubber banding the guys at the front were lapping 6-7 seconds a lap slower by the end of the race because they were so far behind. :lol: I have a feeling they need to provide specific drift events because thats just craziness. On the positive side... didn't get punted once! hehe

I'm done for tonight, I started out getting 1st-3rd every race, and now I'm just getting tired and making mistakes every where, and dropping back, so no more thanks. Met some good racers though.

free run time in GT-R : 2:00.6xx (after 6-7 laps,a lot of room for improvement, one tricky place is T1,watch out for your rear during breaking)

Free run time in my Z06/Tuned, a 1'59.6 with room for improvement, lots of room.

Apologies for Rudi_Raser, sorry if I accidently blocked you at the start. I was watching out for the guy on my right and was struggling for traction on the inside line which is why I was very slow to get out. Hope I didn't ruin your race. :(

Yea the Z06 seems fast round here, however i found the events weak point to me and yet again its the GTLM which laps 3, yes 3, seconds faster then my Mines was and i was in a very clear second pulling away from Vettes Amuses and what not (had to pull over from second because the door rang) I could only just hang on to the GTLM which passed me putting me in that position and made one tiny error giving it a 0.5 gap or so and then ran perfectly and just gained nothing ended up lapping 3 seconds slower from then on then the lap i had behind it.

It shouldn't be that good its just unfair, its hard to use yes but it shouldnt be that much faster because of it.

Yea the Z06 seems fast round here, however i found the events weak point to me and yet again its the GTLM which laps 3, yes 3, seconds faster then my Mines was and i was in a very clear second pulling away from Vettes Amuses and what not (had to pull over from second because the door rang) I could only just hang on to the GTLM which passed me putting me in that position and made one tiny error giving it a 0.5 gap or so and then ran perfectly and just gained nothing ended up lapping 3 seconds slower from then on then the lap i had behind it.

It shouldn't be that good its just unfair, its hard to use yes but it shouldnt be that much faster because of it.

I think the Z06 and Amuse would be faster than the Mine's, but speaking of pulling over, I was just getting engaged in a race with some TEW and GTP guys earlier, we were all in white cars LOL, about 5 of us, when my cat jumped on my lap. I'd tried to stop her with my head but nothing would stop her and I had to pull into the pits.:ouch::lol:

TEW use white Vipers, just beat off one to take the win, yes the Mines is slower but i can do under 10:20 full race time without to much hassle.

Apologies for Rudi_Raser, sorry if I accidently blocked you at the start. I was watching out for the guy on my right and was struggling for traction on the inside line which is why I was very slow to get out. Hope I didn't ruin your race. :(

Yea that guy on the outside would've been me, i think i made a damn good move on that turn and you did damn good to not run up into me, I only had the trust in you because of your GTP tag.

I just clocked a 1:59.7 on my 2nd lap in free run using the GT-R, with tons of room to improve. I'm using my set-up from Fuji and it really seems to work well. See you guys around...should be some good racing!

Managed a 1.58.9xx earlier today with the tuned vette but the cars do hadle a bit different in the actual race ; anyone else noticed this? also if you went off the track and back on the tire grip is awfull for a couple of seconds.

1.58,6xx with the Amuse

I can see a new wave of suzuka movies incoming 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back