iRacing 2018 Season 1 Update Brings Rallycross, Animated Pit Crews, & More

Get your rallycross on! I've seen a few Twitch streams of iRacing rallycross. Looks pretty good from early impressions.

I will say this... rallycross is perhaps the most exciting iRacing on today. Here's a juxtaposition for you- this style of racing requires a combination of controlled chaos and finesse to win. Almost like drifting. It's nuts to watch for sure, and I LOVE it! Very cool seeing those rallycross streams.

I had a quick go on it around a friend's house last night, and PD will be pleased to know two things.

One. iRacing have followed the PD model for loose surfaces (just turn that grip down).

Two. GTS no long has the worse loose surface physics around.

Honestly these drive nothing at all like a car should on dirt.

Meanwhile the GRC champion says it is pretty much spot on.
Lots of drivers say titles are spot on, most have been paid to do so.

A comparison of how the cars drive in reality vs how they do in title is a much better way of doing so.

Given that any in-car footage of GRC or WRX shows aggressive throttle use and steering input to hook the tyres through the surface, none of which worked in the build I played with last night doesn't gel with the claim.

I like the inventive style people have in welcoming rallycross to the world of iRacing. I once saw a stream of someone racing Mazda Miatas on the Daytona rallycross course. Racing rallycross should be loads of fun. I even envisioned people racing that 1990 Audi IMSA GTO. Hey- Quattro power! May not be with the legendary Audi S1, but it's still Audi Quattro power.

The racing is fun to watch with rallycross. This style of racing requires a good bit of finesse while still going all out. Just be sure your car is still in one piece heading into Turn 1. I never turned a single lap in iRacing, but rallycross surely is one of the most exciting forms of racing to come to iRacing in a while. I also learned the New Beetle rallycross car is free. So uh... enjoy rallycross!

Actually the Nissan GTP is a fairly good RX car... providing that you're not a moron with the throttle (as in breathe on it and you die).

Animated pit crews?! Where?!

Also if anyone is interested in joining me and my team Lone Wolf Motorsports for the 2018 special events season, please PM me! I need six more drivers to fill up two cars!

Meanwhile the GRC champion says it is pretty much spot on.
It's nothing like RBR, and that one was praised by people who werent contractually obliged to do so. iracing rallycross is, for the lack of better comparison, like driving a road car on dirt.

Back