iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
It really teaches you how to be delicate with the car and not upset the balance. So hard it kicks your butt and gives you tough love :D

Tremendous understeer followed by random amounts of snap oversteer on the downshifts...

It really teaches you how to be delicate with the car and not upset the balance. So hard it kicks your butt and gives you tough love :D
The difficulty is entirely artificial and caused by a complete lack of feeling in the wheel. It's probably more difficult to drive this car in iRacing than it is in real life. If this car were in rFactor 2, it would be great.

I don't think the caddy is all that hard to drive. Just have to be smooth with the inputs. It's one of my favorite cars to drive. I've been driving it ever since it came out and it was much harder before when it didn't have abs or tc. If any of you guys starting out are driving it I don't mind giving some tips or hoping in a practice with you guys and doing some laps.

I don't think the caddy is all that hard to drive. Just have to be smooth with the inputs. It's one of my favorite cars to drive. I've been driving it ever since it came out and it was much harder before when it didn't have abs or tc. If any of you guys starting out are driving it I don't mind giving some tips or hoping in a practice with you guys and doing some laps.

Just moved to the SRFs, I may get back with the caddies if I can get any help...

(although I was DQ'd from being involved in several wrecks, check the "Your latest race" thread)

Hi, sorry for my English.

Video of my new steering wheel Opensimwheel Augury, feelings are brutal and I have never felt such things and that I still have to learn to adjust the steering wheel, it is impressive sensations that transmits this flyer and now I can enjoy more;)

Now I leave a little video of OpenSimWheel

a greeting

Hi all,

Is there any way I can try iRacing for free? I just need an hour or two to see if my laptop can handle it on low graphics options. It's been more then 3 years since last I tried it...

Hi all,

Is there any way I can try iRacing for free? I just need an hour or two to see if my laptop can handle it on low graphics options. It's been more then 3 years since last I tried it...

I don't think there is.

SETUPS FOR F RENAULTS PLS

Last edited:
Damn,

My laptop specs are:

i5 2350 proc or something like that
6GB DDR3
Geforce GT525M

Graphics card is **** for gaming I know,would these specs run it on 1080p low quality?

I believe you should still be able to run it. I was able to run it on a less then ideal Laptop and it was actually good enough to work.

God help me in the Formula Renaults.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PUT THE STUPID ANTENNA RIGHT WHERE YOU'RE LOOKING?!

(Also did I mention that I have no idea how to drive the damn thing? Help? Anyone?)

Damn,

My laptop specs are:

i5 2350 proc or something like that
6GB DDR3
Geforce GT525M

Graphics card is **** for gaming I know,would these specs run it on 1080p low quality?
I used to use an i5 460m and a GT435M laptop, it barely made it to last august. So, maybe it'll work and probably not for long.

Is Figure 8 racing happening tomorrow?

Also I need serious help with the F Renault... I cannot drive it around Interlagos for 🤬.

Is Figure 8 racing happening tomorrow?

Also I need serious help with the F Renault... I cannot drive it around Interlagos for 🤬.

I replied back in the team thread about getting on one night and running some laps.

This week is week 13 so yes they are doing some figure 8 fun races. They always do random combos during week 13.

Far as driving the formula Renualt, and this goes for about all the more popular cars out there as well, check the iracing forums for a weekly track thread. Normally someone will post a video and a setup as well and that can help a lot for a guide as to where you should be at on track and stuff like brake markers.

I replied back in the team thread about getting on one night and running some laps.

This week is week 13 so yes they are doing some figure 8 fun races. They always do random combos during week 13.

Far as driving the formula Renualt, and this goes for about all the more popular cars out there as well, check the iracing forums for a weekly track thread. Normally someone will post a video and a setup as well and that can help a lot for a guide as to where you should be at on track and stuff like brake markers.

Well, I've been trying to find the braking limit for every corner, and this is the thread that I've posted in the iRacing forums to try and get some advice. I managed to get into the 33s, but my consistency is extremely bad atm.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3485188.page

Sounds small but bring dirt onto the race track is a big technical challenge and a base for the dirt/rallycross tracks
South Boston after 30 minutes of dragging dirt onto the track! 💡
kbkDIm.jpg

JSC2O0.jpg

833Ldr.jpg

Indeed, excellent feature. Looking forward to the new season, I'm going to do the Skippy's again and probably a few Blancpain Sprint races. Bought some new content - the Holden V8 Supercar (which is a bit of a handful but I'm learning to drive it better) and Imola and Donnington. Still got many tracks to get but I'll get there.

Indeed, excellent feature. Looking forward to the new season, I'm going to do the Skippy's again and probably a few Blancpain Sprint races. Bought some new content - the Holden V8 Supercar (which is a bit of a handful but I'm learning to drive it better) and Imola and Donnington. Still got many tracks to get but I'll get there.

I tried the V8 for 1 week last season. Had way too much fun. But I was way off the pace. Maybe @Mad94d can give you some pointers about it. He's one of the best on iRacing

Skippy understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer is real.

Any tips on driving that car?

(Still doing 1:40.XXXs with that car, fast times are 38s and 37s)

throttle control, you turn the car with your foot.

+ 1 To that.

What is everyone running this season?

I'm going to attempt to run IMSA and BES in the Audi. Then also run Proto GT in the Aston GT1. Along with the occasional NASCAR iRacing Series races for some oval fun. Going to be a busy season.

I'll probably run Proto GT in the Ford GT.

Actually won't be running IMSA because I just realized it doesn't have the Ford GT. Neat.

Last edited:
Raw Reactions time
Hand eye coordination
Perception of trajectory
Throttle delicacy
Brake modulation
Racing line & apexing
Turn in point

Tried to break down what factors make an alien so much faster then mortals, if I am missing something that is a glaring oversight then please feel free to chime in to let me know

Raw Reactions time
Hand eye coordination
Perception of trajectory
Throttle delicacy
Brake modulation
Racing line & apexing
Turn in point

Tried to break down what factors make an alien so much faster then mortals, if I am missing something that is a glaring oversight then please feel free to chime in to let me know
Consistency is paramount. Being able to hit the perfect braking point, apex, and exit once in a while is good, but true aliens can do that practically every single lap.

Also being deliberate is important. I mean instead of "feeling it out" with the brakes and throttle, and having a sort of vibrato with them all the time, aliens know exactly where to input what and how much to input. They'll get on the brakes for an exact amount, turn in at an exact spot, coast for an exact amount of time, then get on the throttle at the exact right place without modulating their inputs much at all.

Raw Reactions time
Hand eye coordination
Perception of trajectory
Throttle delicacy
Brake modulation
Racing line & apexing
Turn in point

You must be able to see the Matrix. :cool:

Back