iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
iRacing, you suck sometimes you damn profit driven mentality. You knew these issues in MAY!!! YOU KNEW MEMORY LEAKS IN MAY YET YOU STILL WENT AHEAD WITH IT!!!

I am sorry for those who crashed, my heart goes out to you, all those tears, blood and sweat.

https://pretendracecars.net/2017/06...test-in-iracings-virtual-24-hours-of-le-mans/
(website has the screenshots of people telling iracing of memory leak issue sin May).

The recent Le Man thread has them posting sorry blah blah will investigate now. How does this make sense? They should of known...

Yeah the forums right now are not a pretty sight. We're still driving to give some new talent within the team a chance to get used to our system. But we will park the car for sportsmanship reasons after we feel everyone has gotten a grip on things.

What I don't get is
1. They knew about this issue in May
2. Not the first major event to have issues

But it seemed like pushing out the Ferrari and Ford took priority.

Steve myers issued a statement already, explaining that the option was to take a chance and run a race with an isuue that was potentially harmless or cancel the race and guarantee upset people. And it is specific to Le Mans.

Yeah this event was a total mess, firstly removing 3 cars and replacing them with 2, 4 days before the event, then the memory losses which led to the mass disconnects, then the issue with random HPD engine detonations. As well as the issues with the underdeveloped Ford GT,

Apparently there is the possibility of the race being rerun later in the year,

Looking forward to the Watkins Glen 6 hour event in 2 weeks, loving the new GTE cars,

Yeah this event was a total mess, firstly removing 3 cars and replacing them with 2, 4 days before the event, then the memory losses which led to the mass disconnects, then the issue with random HPD engine detonations. As well as the issues with the underdeveloped Ford GT,

Apparently there is the possibility of the race being rerun later in the year,

Looking forward to the Watkins Glen 6 hour event in 2 weeks, loving the new GTE cars,
How is it underdeveloped?

How is it underdeveloped?

They kept it a secret, thus didn't get proper beta testing which has led to a bug I know of, though people are claiming it is 2 bugs,

Basically what happens is the car bottoms out somewhere, kills your straight line speed for no reason and then blows the engine,

They kept it a secret, thus didn't get proper beta testing which has led to a bug I know of, though people are claiming it is 2 bugs,

Basically what happens is the car bottoms out somewhere, kills your straight line speed for no reason and then blows the engine,
I think it happened to me at Suzuka, car just had no speed in the straights

I think it happened to me at Suzuka, car just had no speed in the straights

Just to be sure, make sure your gearbox in the ford GT isn't going much past 6,300rpm in top gear on the straights, its built so the turbo runs out of puff past that,

And in other news, all major endurance races postponed until further notice,

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170615_0001.png
    wp_ss_20170615_0001.png
    29 KB · Views: 32
So after this latest update it seems when I go on track my P meter is full yellow. Whether its a asphalt or dirt oval. I re ran the graphics config and same thing. After reading the FAQ's it says its likely from not having enough ram. After the build everything was fine not until I just downloaded the latest update. Just wondering if its my pc hardware or not. I have 8gb memory and a 750ti 2gb card. Seems weird that after the build it was fine and now having issues.

So after this latest update it seems when I go on track my P meter is full yellow. Whether its a asphalt or dirt oval. I re ran the graphics config and same thing. After reading the FAQ's it says its likely from not having enough ram. After the build everything was fine not until I just downloaded the latest update. Just wondering if its my pc hardware or not. I have 8gb memory and a 750ti 2gb card. Seems weird that after the build it was fine and now having issues.

I just saw someone with the same issue on the forum the other day. It has to do with page faults. Make sure you don't have your page fault settings at 0mb in Windows.

I'm worried that it'll take too long to get though the menus like these newer video games but I'm excited at the same time because they make it sound pretty cool.

Yep, race is going on right now. Good luck to all from Lone Wolf Motorsports! (Currently in P27 in Split 5 at the time of this post)

Race is still going on, but we're out of the race. One of my drivers hit the kerb at Blanchimont(?), spun, and destroyed the car.

Last edited:
We were also in split 5, started in position 33 and worked our way up to 6th, then this happened.

29 minutes of repairs, get the car back and 5 laps later the engine blew!

We were also in split 5, started in position 33 and worked our way up to 6th, then this happened.

29 minutes of repairs, get the car back and 5 laps later the engine blew!

I didn't realize that that team was from GTP, I was going to PM you saying hi!

Shame that happened though, you guys were on a hell of a drive.

Snetterton confirmed for next build, may increase car limit to 6 as well, noted in the Blancpain sprint forum, was mentioned that new GT3 stuff was inbound so maybe the Porsche or Ferrari could just be that old RUF

Snetterton confirmed for next build, may increase car limit to 6 as well, noted in the Blancpain sprint forum, was mentioned that new GT3 stuff was inbound so maybe the Porsche or Ferrari could just be that old RUF

Wasn't aware of the car count increase possibility.

I think the obvious is the Porsche GT3. Given how much of the Porsche hype video focused on that.

Though rumor and speculation say the Ferrari 488 GT3 and Bentley Continental GT3 are plausible possibilities.

The outside chance is a DPi/ LMP2 possibility.

Though I expect a lot of surprises in iracing over the coming season with content. Mainly because iracings content is extremely outdated. And for the first time they're actually forced to compete with the new racing titles coming out. Finally it means the customers should actually feel like they're winning with all game brands.

Have any of you seen the iRacing trailer for the Ferrari 488 GT3? The 488 GT3 will come some time in September. I am not sure if this is going to replace the 488 GTB race machine already out or not, but the 488 GT3 looks great.

Have any of you seen the iRacing trailer for the Ferrari 488 GT3? The 488 GT3 will come some time in September. I am not sure if this is going to replace the 488 GTB race machine already out or not, but the 488 GT3 looks great.

I haven't seen the trailer but heard it was on it's way.....👍. After months of not using iRacing I have found myself jumping back in daily using the Oculus Rift VR. In a weird way, for me, VR seems to benefit iRacing more than AC or pCars for me. I have watched veterans of iRacing (on Youtube) say the same thing....."if you aren't using VR in iRacing you are living in the past"......:confused:. Cheers!

The 488 GT3 will be added to Blancpainamd IMSA. The current 488 is the GTE which will also remain in IMSA. As far as im aware those series are going to showcase 6 makes.

I'm not happy it's a separate car, but if it increases participation numbers in the GTD class then I'm fine with it. Just the huge influx of amateurs in GTLM has really really worn on me and detracted me from racing all together.

I'm not happy it's a separate car, but if it increases participation numbers in the GTD class then I'm fine with it. Just the huge influx of amateurs in GTLM has really really worn on me and detracted me from racing all together.

Personally. I think iRacing is so far behind in content age its pathetic. When they dropped the GTE cars they also should have dropped the IMSA specific Acura GT3 and Lexus GT3. With a DPi or current gen LMP2. The field spread would have been much nicer then.

Hopefully with the addition of the new GT3 we get a cheeky drop of another new GT3 car. Considering what we have currently is outdated already...

I'm fine with the C7DP they have there since they have raced together before, it's just the driver skill that has been letting the racing down.

And yep, content for the road cars has been suffering for some time now. Doesn't help that the 6 car limit is basically a bandage on a dam.

At least it isn't totally behind the sports car race car relevancy like Forza is :lol:

I'm fine with the C7DP they have there since they have raced together before, it's just the driver skill that has been letting the racing down.

And yep, content for the road cars has been suffering for some time now. Doesn't help that the 6 car limit is basically a bandage on a dam.

At least it isn't totally behind the sports car race car relevancy like Forza is :lol:

Forza's excuse is they take 2 years to aquire data. Build the product and get it to the shelf. iRacing can pump out a new car inside 4 months so why isnt the content closer to being within 12 months of release date of the actual car instead of 2 years or more.

Though there are whispers of next years IndyCar coming before the 2018 season opener.....

I doubt the Indycar set date. It isn't as big as a priority as NASCAR content, but they've been working more than usual this year...

Hope it keeps up, but they seem to just keep adding content without knowing the car limit still exists. And that's my hugest gripe.

Oh and DPi is expected by end of the year or even earlier I heard. We'll wait and see I guess

Back