iracing.com

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by red7, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

Yeah the forums right now are not a pretty sight. We're still driving to give some new talent within the team a chance to get used to our system. But we will park the car for sportsmanship reasons after we feel everyone has gotten a grip on things.

2. swiftwilly

swiftwilly Premium

What I don't get is
    1. They knew about this issue in May
    2. Not the first major event to have issues

But it seemed like pushing out the Ferrari and Ford took priority.

3. Roush_fan_99

Roush_fan_99

Steve myers issued a statement already, explaining that the option was to take a chance and run a race with an isuue that was potentially harmless or cancel the race and guarantee upset people. And it is specific to Le Mans.

4. Animera

Animera

We had no issues in our split.
    My team ended 2nd in a Ferrari GTE, just 46s behind the winner.

5. TDZdave

TDZdave

Yeah this event was a total mess, firstly removing 3 cars and replacing them with 2, 4 days before the event, then the memory losses which led to the mass disconnects, then the issue with random HPD engine detonations. As well as the issues with the underdeveloped Ford GT,

Apparently there is the possibility of the race being rerun later in the year,

Looking forward to the Watkins Glen 6 hour event in 2 weeks, loving the new GTE cars,

6. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

How is it underdeveloped?

7. TDZdave

TDZdave

They kept it a secret, thus didn't get proper beta testing which has led to a bug I know of, though people are claiming it is 2 bugs,

Basically what happens is the car bottoms out somewhere, kills your straight line speed for no reason and then blows the engine,

8. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

I think it happened to me at Suzuka, car just had no speed in the straights

9. TDZdave

TDZdave

Just to be sure, make sure your gearbox in the ford GT isn't going much past 6,300rpm in top gear on the straights, its built so the turbo runs out of puff past that,

10. TDZdave

TDZdave

And in other news, all major endurance races postponed until further notice,

Attached Files:

11. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

It was after the pit stop, it was just slow

12. MadRR

MadRR

So after this latest update it seems when I go on track my P meter is full yellow. Whether its a asphalt or dirt oval. I re ran the graphics config and same thing. After reading the FAQ's it says its likely from not having enough ram. After the build everything was fine not until I just downloaded the latest update. Just wondering if its my pc hardware or not. I have 8gb memory and a 750ti 2gb card. Seems weird that after the build it was fine and now having issues.

13. Mike458

Mike458

In other words...

...and this will be the new iRacing schedule for all of eternity! (citation needed)

image.jpg

TDZdave and Kamuifanboy like this.
  14. Roush_fan_99

Roush_fan_99

I just saw someone with the same issue on the forum the other day. It has to do with page faults. Make sure you don't have your page fault settings at 0mb in Windows.

I'm worried that it'll take too long to get though the menus like these newer video games but I'm excited at the same time because they make it sound pretty cool.

15. Dhalism

Dhalism

whoa whoa whoa, blatant copyright infringement, Blizzard would like a word.

16. Adam41

Adam41

Is the 24 hours of Spa still going ahead in 2 weeks time?

17. Mike458

Mike458

Yep, race is going on right now. Good luck to all from Lone Wolf Motorsports! (Currently in P27 in Split 5 at the time of this post)

Race is still going on, but we're out of the race. One of my drivers hit the kerb at Blanchimont(?), spun, and destroyed the car.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  18. Animera

Animera

We were also in split 5, started in position 33 and worked our way up to 6th, then this happened.

29 minutes of repairs, get the car back and 5 laps later the engine blew!

19. Mike458

Mike458

I didn't realize that that team was from GTP, I was going to PM you saying hi!

Shame that happened though, you guys were on a hell of a drive.

Football67611 and Animera like this.
  20. CQR Myles

CQR Myles

Snetterton confirmed for next build, may increase car limit to 6 as well, noted in the Blancpain sprint forum, was mentioned that new GT3 stuff was inbound so maybe the Porsche or Ferrari could just be that old RUF

21. Animera

Animera

Day / Night cycles coming to iRacing.

Football67611 likes this.
  22. TDZdave

TDZdave

Wasn't aware of the car count increase possibility.

I think the obvious is the Porsche GT3. Given how much of the Porsche hype video focused on that.

Though rumor and speculation say the Ferrari 488 GT3 and Bentley Continental GT3 are plausible possibilities.

The outside chance is a DPi/ LMP2 possibility.

Though I expect a lot of surprises in iracing over the coming season with content. Mainly because iracings content is extremely outdated. And for the first time they're actually forced to compete with the new racing titles coming out. Finally it means the customers should actually feel like they're winning with all game brands.

23. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Have any of you seen the iRacing trailer for the Ferrari 488 GT3? The 488 GT3 will come some time in September. I am not sure if this is going to replace the 488 GTB race machine already out or not, but the 488 GT3 looks great.

24. Xiamoto

Xiamoto Premium

I haven't seen the trailer but heard it was on it's way.....:tup:. After months of not using iRacing I have found myself jumping back in daily using the Oculus Rift VR. In a weird way, for me, VR seems to benefit iRacing more than AC or pCars for me. I have watched veterans of iRacing (on Youtube) say the same thing....."if you aren't using VR in iRacing you are living in the past"......:confused:. Cheers!

25. TDZdave

TDZdave

The 488 GT3 will be added to Blancpainamd IMSA. The current 488 is the GTE which will also remain in IMSA. As far as im aware those series are going to showcase 6 makes.

26. Suzumiya

Suzumiya

I'm not happy it's a separate car, but if it increases participation numbers in the GTD class then I'm fine with it. Just the huge influx of amateurs in GTLM has really really worn on me and detracted me from racing all together.

27. TDZdave

TDZdave

Personally. I think iRacing is so far behind in content age its pathetic. When they dropped the GTE cars they also should have dropped the IMSA specific Acura GT3 and Lexus GT3. With a DPi or current gen LMP2. The field spread would have been much nicer then.

Hopefully with the addition of the new GT3 we get a cheeky drop of another new GT3 car. Considering what we have currently is outdated already...

28. Suzumiya

Suzumiya

I'm fine with the C7DP they have there since they have raced together before, it's just the driver skill that has been letting the racing down.

And yep, content for the road cars has been suffering for some time now. Doesn't help that the 6 car limit is basically a bandage on a dam.

At least it isn't totally behind the sports car race car relevancy like Forza is :lol:

29. TDZdave

TDZdave

Forza's excuse is they take 2 years to aquire data. Build the product and get it to the shelf. iRacing can pump out a new car inside 4 months so why isnt the content closer to being within 12 months of release date of the actual car instead of 2 years or more.

Though there are whispers of next years IndyCar coming before the 2018 season opener.....

30. Suzumiya

Suzumiya

I doubt the Indycar set date. It isn't as big as a priority as NASCAR content, but they've been working more than usual this year...

Hope it keeps up, but they seem to just keep adding content without knowing the car limit still exists. And that's my hugest gripe.

Oh and DPi is expected by end of the year or even earlier I heard. We'll wait and see I guess

TDZdave likes this.