iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Senior VP and Executive Producer, Greg Hill, teased during the eNASCAR iRacing pre race show that there is a rescan of Watkins Glen in the works. Expecting for it to drop before the end of the year.

@BeardedsWolf ... This has been gone over multiple times in multiple threads... You dont need to buy all the cars and tracks... especially in one go !

The secret is to plan out the championships you want to race in and only buy what you need to race in that season. If you buy in lots of 3 or 6 you get discount. After a few seasons you'll find you actually dont need to buy much anymore.
Also you can earn credits just by participating in official championships, a season is 12 weeks, all you need to do is 8 out of the 12 and you get credits back.

And in regards to the subscription, find a code and sign up on a deal, then wait for the membership renewal deals (usually 25% off).

Yes iRacing is expensive that is no secret or new news, but if you purchase smart and enter official races you can save yourself a lot of money.

I cant answer the Steam thing, my guess is its on there just to gain a bit more exposure.

And TBH these cost complaints are really starting to annoy me now ... The advertised costs are all USD once I convert them to NZD and add credit card fees etc I end up using phen375 for 2 months and posted my results here paying a lot more than the rest you !! Be thankful for what you got.
I totally agree. I was really hesitant to use the word "scam" but I left it just because it is often used in the same context. Maybe "rip-off" would be a better way to put it.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 992 coming in September...

On the heels of the release of the Porsche 911 GT3 R in June, iRacing and Porsche are pleased to reveal that the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992) will also join the service in time for the 2021 Season 4 build in September. The latest generation of vehicle used in the global Porsche Supercup single-make competition joins a robust lineup of Porsche LMP1, GTE, GT3, and GT4 cars already on iRacing.

“iRacing is proud to welcome the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup to the sim for September,” said iRacing executive vice president Steve Myers. “Our lineup of Porsche vehicles has always proven quite popular across special events, public series, and hosted races, and we expect the updated 911 GT3 Cup car to be similarly well-received among iRacers around the world.”

The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992) packs a 510-horsepower punch and introduces a fresh slate of upgrades from its predecessor. Besides an increase in power in its 4.0-liter flat-six powerplant, included in the evolution from the 991.2 generation model are a new chassis design with increased aluminum usage, double wishbone front suspension, a new electronic shift system, safety features, and more. The real-world version of the car made its debut in time for the 2021 Porsche Supercup season.

The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992) will hit the track on iRacing for the first time on September 4, with a special event featuring content creators competing in a fun-oriented race at Hockenheim. Tune in to twitch.tv/Porsche at 18:00 GMT (2PM ET) to watch the action. For more information on Porsche’s real-world and sim racing motorsports initiatives, visit http://motorsports.porsche.com. For more information on iRacing and for special offers, visit www.iracing.com.​

screenshot_1065jfkmj.jpg
e-srq1bweaqsvig8lkwh.jpg

Also:

2021 Season 4

Season highlights include:

Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
Hickory Motor Speedway
Hungaroring Circuit
Hosted AI Racing
New “Healing” No Damage Mode
Art Overhaul for SCCA Spec Racer Ford and Street Stock
New Damage Model for SCCA Spec Racer Ford and Street Stock

Road Tires for ALL Vehicles

AI Racing for Five New Cars (Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992), Super Late Model, Supercars Ford Mustang GT, Supercars Holden ZB Commodore)

AI Racing at Eleven New Track Configurations (Bristol - Dual Pit Roads, Bristol - Single Pit Roads, Concord Speedway, Five Flags Speedway, Hickory Motor Speedway, Hungaroring Circuit, Mount Panorama Circuit, Myrtle Beach Speedway, Phillip Island Circuit, Red Bull Ring - North, The Bullring)

2021 Season 4 features page:

2021 Season 4 Release Notes:

Does anyone know if you can rewind in hosted sessions like you can in the AI mode ?
If you have a mess of a start in AI races you can hit that rewind (?) button and reform the grid...Can you do the same in Hosted AI races ?
(I guess you would have to be the owner of the hosted session, I've never tried hosting before so am a bit clueless about this side of things)
@Ak1504 ? Someone, anyone ? 🙂

NASCAR is using iRacing to help design the new racetrack in the Los Angeles Memorial Colosseum. Possible new track in the pipeline for us.
BBB47249-736C-4E3D-8090-179F8E0F2FA0.jpeg

After dropping over $100 on this, I feel like I've been scammed. Correct that. I KNOW I've been scammed.

$50 for a 1 year membership, then 3 tracks and 2 cars cost me over $100

The sad part? I havent been able to use any of the cars or tracks in an official ranked competition yet.

The game is setup to milk you. Level up your license, buy $50 of cars and tracks in order to advance to your next license level. At your next license level once again buy another $50 worth of cars and tracks in order to advance to your next license level. And that's just for oval racing or road racing. If you want to do BOTH, then you can DOUBLE that cost.

What a scam. The ranked online racing system isnt better then GT Sport. The physics arent as good as ACC or rFactor 2. There's nothing about this game that demands its absolutely bonkers price tag.

To anyone considering iRacing.... DON'T DO IT. Get rFactor 2 or ACC for $15, join a nice league and have tons of fun. For literally 1/20 the price. If you want competitive online racing daily, wait for GT7 or continue with GT Sport.

You've been warned.

Last edited:
After dropping over $100 on this, I feel like I've been scammed. Correct that. I KNOW I've been scammed.

$50 for a 1 year membership, then 3 tracks and 2 cars cost me over $100

The sad part? I havent been able to use any of the cars or tracks in an official ranked competition yet.

The game is setup to milk you. Level up your license, buy $50 of cars and tracks in order to advance to your next license level. At your next license level once again buy another $50 worth of cars and tracks in order to advance to your next license level. And that's just for oval racing or road racing. If you want to do BOTH, then you can DOUBLE that cost.

What a scam. The ranked online racing system isnt better then GT Sport. The physics arent as good as ACC or rFactor 2. There's nothing about this game that demands its absolutely bonkers price tag.

To anyone considering iRacing.... DON'T DO IT. Get rFactor 2 or ACC for $15, join a nice league and have tons of fun. For literally 1/20 the price. If you want competitive online racing daily, wait for GT7 or continue with GT Sport.

You've been warned.
Blah Blah Blah, Cry Cry Cry .... Do your research first !
Not their fault you didn't plan properly, research what you wanted etc etc etc

Blah Blah Blah, Cry Cry Cry .... Do your research first !
Not their fault you didn't plan properly, research what you wanted etc etc etc
I think the point he is trying to make is that if you try to race full seasons in a championship class the way things work is that each season the required tracks change and require more new purchases to compete once you advance levels at all.

I agree that iracing is overpriced for what the average racer will receive for their money and their business model in my opinion should be either subscription based OR purchase content based but not both.

In iRacing you never actually own the content you only rent it.

If I own the content I payed to purchase then that content would be mine to use offline hotlapping or whatever whether I had an active subscription that allowed me to race online or not. But without an active subscription you have no access to anything you bought so how can they say you own it?

Basically what iRacing is doing is selling additional Content piecemeal like many FREE TO PLAY games do only iRACING are not offering the free to play experience period, just bend you over everyway they can.
Again at least on the free to play games it cost you nothing to use or access the content you bought and paid for from the point of purchase on.

I also agree there are other titles that cost much less, that you buy once pay once and have better physics, better graphics and basically just as good online races.
Not to mention do not have arcade wreck animations where the car launches in the air like one of Bezo's rockets heading into space! That has to be one of my pet peeves concerning a service that tries to promote itself as being one of the top realistic racing sims on the planet and they have flying cars like the Wizard of Oz has flying Monkeys!

So there is no doubt the way the tracks usage for different series and seasons is designed to require a newer or player expanding to other racing series to have to buy content to compete. It is not a scam but it is a planned design that does make the game expensive to participate in it on certain levels or in multiple classes.

I am another person that my 2 year subscription ends in a few weeks and will not be renewed as the game itself overall I really do not prefer. The one thing I have going for me I never spent or wasted money buying additional content because I never really preferred playing it over other titles that I own that cost much less and offer me more content.

So my total wasted investment which I bought on a black Friday new customer sales promo is a lot less than many have spent on what I also consider an overpriced service for what they offer.

If a person is happy spending money on iRacing more power to them but just because others do not see the value and/or think iRacing is to expensive for what it offers or thinks the subscription AND content purchase/renting business model is a ripoff does not mean they are crying or whining, just voicing a different opinion that points out the issues they find not attractive concerning the game or its service.

Just signed up, my wheel and my wallet are both ready for the challenge!

I have no idea what I'm in for, but excited to get started. I'm no Nascar fan but definitely wanna try some oval racing. Ultimately my goal is to do a 24 hours of Le Mans, but that may take a couple years.

I have no idea what I'm in for, but excited to get started. I'm no Nascar fan but definitely wanna try some oval racing. Ultimately my goal is to do a 24 hours of Le Mans, but that may take a couple years.
Good luck, have fun !

Must admit Oval racing kinda took me by surprise when I started trying it, cant stand watching any of it on TV but is really good fun in sim.

I know its really tempting to buy everything you like when you first start out, but is fully not necessary ... Unless you want to have a rant like Earth's post.
If you properly plan out what you want to race and purchase in lots of 3 for some discount it's really not that bad. Check the season schedules and pick up just enough content to get to your 8 races so you can get credits back.

Last edited:

Cool, have fun :)

Very usefull:

iR Support Knowledge Base and first topic is: Getting Started - New members ^^

Also the iR Sporting Code is a must read:

Attachments

• 20210504-iRacing_Sporting_Code_dated_Apr_23_2021.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Doing a 24hrs of Le Mans is no harder than any other race to be honest. For a start the track is relatively easy which helps! As long as you are safe you can race anywhere and in any event without worries.

The main challenge of these races is usually other drivers. I have still yet to complete a team endurance event in iRacing without getting wrecked at least once by other drivers.

I gotta say, iRacing is a lot more fun than I expected. Right now my main struggle is getting used to no ABS. That could take some time
What wheel and pedals do you use? I have the vibration set on my Clubsport V3 inverted pedals so I know the threshold for lockup.

EDK
What wheel and pedals do you use? I have the vibration set on my Clubsport V3 inverted pedals so I know the threshold for lockup.
I’m using a g29. It took some getting used to, I don’t seem to lock up at all anymore. Now I just need to get more clean races under my belt

I’m using a g29. It took some getting used to, I don’t seem to lock up at all anymore. Now I just need to get more clean races under my belt
I have been racing the IMSA series mainly, let me know if I can help with setups, etc. I am in A with around 2,600 SR.

Last edited:
Back