iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Thanks for the advice! I managed to get out of rookies and I'm now trying to build a buffer for my SR before I start ARCA. I hung in the back in rookies and survived mostly - actually ended up finishing second in a Legends race yesterday by doing this. I knew about the first three but not VRS and that looks amazing so the head's up on that is much appreciated. Do you use the subscription service or just the free one? I'm still weighing up how seriously I want to take this as I can already feel myself getting competitive even if I just said to myself it was purely for fun.
Do time trials, run the full 30 min time trial with 0x it will boost your SR....I have the 9.99 subscription for me it works bc I do alot of road racing and I suck at setting up a car so between Craig's setup shop (you can get free with Amazon prime subscription) and VRS I can usually find a setup for road racing that suits me. Also the data you get with the subscription is awesome track breakdowns telemetry lap data ect. which really helps when your going to run a 24h race or if your into oval racing the Nascar/indy series

Last edited:
Do time trials, run the full 30 min time trial with 0x it will boost your SR....I have the 9.99 subscription for me it works bc I do alot of road racing and I suck at setting up a car so between Craig's setup shop (you can get free with Amazon prime subscription) and VRS I can usually find a setup for road racing that suits me. Also the data you get with the subscription is awesome track breakdowns telemetry lap data ect. which really helps when your going to run a 24h race or if your into oval racing the Nascar/indy series

Had no idea Amazon Prime brought iRacing related bonuses, I'm a Prime member so will sign up ASAP. Boosted my SR high enough via Time Trials to feel brave enough to enter ARCA and I can also enter C events now but think I'll hang off on the NASCAR ones for now considering the lengths of the races - want to do the unranked Next Gen ones for fun though.

Thanks so much for the advice! iRacing was daunting but I'm hooked now - I think going to any other sim would be a step back. I hope I'll eventually have good enough hardware to play ACC properly though without skimping on too much and want to get into rallying as I'm a huge WRC fan.

Last edited:
Had no idea Amazon Prime brought iRacing related bonuses, I'm a Prime member so will sign up ASAP. Boosted my SR high enough via Time Trials to feel brave enough to enter ARCA and I can also enter C events now but think I'll hang off on the NASCAR ones for now considering the lengths of the races - want to do the unranked Next Gen ones for fun though.

Thanks so much for the advice! iRacing was daunting but I'm hooked now - I think going to any other sim would be a step back. I hope I'll eventually have good enough hardware to play ACC properly though without skimping on too much and want to get into rallying as I'm a huge WRC fan.
I jumped after years on gts and PS4 and got lucky I had a few guys who already joined, glad I could pass on some info man....if you need anymore help let me know and I'll try to help any way I can

Do driving incidents in Testing and AI Racing modes count against your rating? Trying to get used to the M4 GT4 and have had a few off track moments.

Anyone know a decent lap time for the GT3 Cup car at Barber Motorsports Park? Was playing around with that pair last night (first time for both) and it was a bit sloppy but I'm still getting used to the physics...

Last edited:
Anyone know a decent lap time for the GT3 Cup car at Barber Motorsports Park? Was playing around with that pair last night (first time for both) and it was a bit sloppy but I'm still getting used to the physics...

Hey man, are you making the switch over too?

Just until 7 comes out then I'll maybe do both.

That’s cool, same here for the most part, but I am quite liking the iRacing so far. A few of us have swapped over, we’re gonna start doing some fun races on Saturday nights I think, if you’re interested. 👍

Last edited:
That’s cool, same here for the most part, but I am quite liking the iRacing so far. A few of us have swapped over, we’re gonna start doing some fun races on Saturday nights I think, if you’re interested. 👍
I'm usually out and about on Saturday nights doing real car stuff but I'll keep it in mind.

Getting used to the GT3 Cup car and really loving it. Turning some consistent laps (aside from lap 11 where I locked up going into a corner). Need to start leveling up so I can get into some races that are not AI...

1624244282778.png

Getting used to the GT3 Cup car and really loving it. Turning some consistent laps (aside from lap 11 where I locked up going into a corner). Need to start leveling up so I can get into some races that are not AI...

View attachment 1061445
I don't run much road racing at all except for the occasional fun run Miata race. But I can say with that consistency, you've got to be doing something right. 👍

And I apluad you for learning how to drive in AI racing before jumping into multiplayer. That didn't used to be an option, and it's cool that it is now.

Entered my first official race tonight, fixed setup MX-5 Cup at Okayama. Put it on pole with a 1:46.4xx, botched the start and lost the lead but got it back after a couple corners. Led every lap and took the win with 0 incident count. P2 kept me honest, hanging around 1 second back most of the time.

Entered my first official race tonight, fixed setup MX-5 Cup at Okayama. Put it on pole with a 1:46.4xx, botched the start and lost the lead but got it back after a couple corners. Led every lap and took the win with 0 incident count. P2 kept me honest, hanging around 1 second back most of the time.
Ran races 2 and 3 tonight. First one was fairly easy, pretty much walked away and won by around 3.5 seconds, but it was up to 5 before I relaxed a bit and gave up some time. Was actually just avoiding putting the car in front of me a lap down, figured I would give him that courtesy since I had a gap to play with. Second race wasn't so easy. Botched the start again but managed to get the lead back after a lap or so. Led for a few and then the same guy tried a dive bomb in T1 and it didn't work out so well. Unfortunately the contact pushed me off track which gave me my first incident point. He waited and gave me the spot back, but the 3rd place car took the lead while we sorted that out. Chased him down for a few laps and got the lead back, and almost immediately after the guy that hit me got bumped off track trying to get by him too. That made the last lap and a half a bit easier to take the win.

I am definitely losing time under brakes using the G29. Might have to tweak the settings a bit and see if I can narrow that gap, because I won't be purchasing new hardware.

Edit: And I have been upgraded to Class D.

Last edited:
Back