iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

Fortunetely I dont know any difference, so GT has always been the best racing experience for me. That includes available viewing options. It depends on the car but I use cockpit cam for all of them, changing through standard to narrower views for best track coverage. I'm pretty adept by now at knowing my cars widths and where my competitors are in relation to myself as well. The FOV doesnt bother me, and to be honest I never noticed the camera shake until GTP members went up in arms about it. Even then I figured with Kaz'z real life racing experiences there ought to be a good reason for it being there ;)

In my opinion cockpit cam is a must if you're trying to simulate a realistic expereice, and I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that iRacing enforces it.

Yeah... Kaz and his fantastic racing ventures...This ridiculous shake is simply PD's attempt to replicate something you really don't see IRL. In some cars it's not too bad, but once you get into the really fast cars it's just stupid in this game. Good for you, in my case I'm not so fortunate and have to go to bumper cam if I want to have a chance at staying competitive. I love iRacing and I love the fact that cockpit view is the only view. But frankly GT5 has a lot of things to get right before it gets even close to the levels of immersion iRacing or even rFactor gives you.

Very cool race there Chris. Look like the race was very close. That's one thing I don't like too much bout Grand Am races the cars tend be very spread out so you often may not see another DP unless he messes up or you mess up. So most of the time I am glancing at my Relative status (F3) and evaluating when I will overtake the next guy, etc

Very cool race there Chris. Look like the race was very close. That's one thing I don't like too much bout Grand Am races the cars tend be very spread out so you often may not see another DP unless he messes up or you mess up. So most of the time I am glancing at my Relative status (F3) and evaluating when I will overtake the next guy, etc

That's true for any of the real fast cars, the faster they go the more distance they cover, so a 1 second gap will be the same as a 3 second gap in the slower cars in terms of distance.

Jav
Yeah... Kaz and his fantastic racing ventures...This ridiculous shake is simply PD's attempt to replicate something you really don't see IRL. In some cars it's not too bad, but once you get into the really fast cars it's just stupid in this game.

I actually think that the bumpiness in the game isn't too bad. On standard suspension street cars, yeah it probably shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it is. But on lowered and stiffer cars, it should most definitely be there. I think the biggest problem with it though, is that you don't noticed the bumps when you are driving. The biggest thing i've noticed with my experience behind the wheel of Formula cars and street cars, is that you are usually so focused that the bumpiness just kind of mentally disappears. I'll be watching the footage that the team takes, and be thinking, "wtf, it's not that bumpy when i'm driving." Unless you hit something like a big curb, huge dip, or a wall, you don't really notice the bumps.

My solution? get rid of the bumpiness in the game.

Lap of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in the HPD

I actually think that the bumpiness in the game isn't too bad. On standard suspension street cars, yeah it probably shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it is. But on lowered and stiffer cars, it should most definitely be there. I think the biggest problem with it though, is that you don't noticed the bumps when you are driving. The biggest thing i've noticed with my experience behind the wheel of Formula cars and street cars, is that you are usually so focused that the bumpiness just kind of mentally disappears. I'll be watching the footage that the team takes, and be thinking, "wtf, it's not that bumpy when i'm driving." Unless you hit something like a big curb, huge dip, or a wall, you don't really notice the bumps.

My solution? get rid of the bumpiness in the game.

Lap of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in the HPD

have to agree with u there. raced 2 season of formula renault 2.0, 2006 the asian FR2.0 series and since ure so concentrated on racing u barely noticed bumps, just big ones!

on the other hand though, as i was racing on a 997 Porsche GT3 Cup S this season at the nurburgring, you can absolutely feel every single bump around the nordschleife since its so damn bumpy :)

have to agree with u there. raced 2 season of formula renault 2.0, 2006 the asian FR2.0 series and since ure so concentrated on racing u barely noticed bumps, just big ones!

on the other hand though, as i was racing on a 997 Porsche GT3 Cup S this season at the nurburgring, you can absolutely feel every single bump around the nordschleife since its so damn bumpy :)

Ah you raced Formula Renault 2.0! I'll be racing in a series next year called FCJ (Formula Challenge Japan) which uses the same car! Care to give me some pointers? :D

My experience is limited to tin tops, T1/T2/IT cars and while not as stiff as an open wheel car they are much stiffer than a street car and you simply do not see all the shake you see on GT5's cockpit mode. Hell not even on a Shifter kart you see that!
GT5 looks like your eyes are about to pop out from your head!

I always always pop my head in here looking for new iRacing gems. There hasnt been one for so long :(

But it was worth the wait :D:tup:

You driving that Acura Arx. The RS Spyder and the ARX-01 make my world go round.

Lol!! Get iRacing already Blaze!! Or at least get yourself a copy of rFactor and instal the Enduracers mod!

Jav
Lol!! Get iRacing already Blaze!! Or at least get yourself a copy of rFactor and instal the Enduracers mod!

how is rFactor? I was thinking about getting it since i've seen a Formula Renault 2.0 mod. Would be of much use to me if it is a realistic sim.

how is rFactor? I was thinking about getting it since i've seen a Formula Renault 2.0 mod. Would be of much use to me if it is a realistic sim.

rFactor is a pretty cool game! So many mods to choose from! It's a very old game so don't expect it to be the prettiest thing on earth but graphics are still decent to this day, physics are decent pretty good but too forgiving IMO, overall it's an awesome game and for 15 bucks I say grab a copy!

Jav
rFactor is a pretty cool game! So many mods to choose from! It's a very old game so don't expect it to be the prettiest thing on earth but graphics are still decent to this day, physics are decent pretty good but too forgiving IMO, overall it's an awesome game and for 15 bucks I say grab a copy!

woah 15 bucks! where!

I purchased mine for only $20 at FRY's & I would say all of this content is easily worth so much more. I mean hundreds of dollars more. Only problem is you don't get the consistent quality across all content like you would in iRacing being free content made my modders. And the online seems more inactive then I expected. But its still great game (sim). Just a hassle sometimes getting all the mods you need to connect to a server.

You'd love Enduracers and all those Formula mods I am shocked you don't already own it. But guess you being a professional racer, etc I can forgive ya and understand that haha.

Great video of the V8 Supercar Series by Lewis Dodimead on the iRacing forum.

Back