iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

This are some of my favorite vids (not mine)

Stabiz film (I love this guy's stuff, but this is the one that got me into iRacing. just noticed it was on my favorite- #1 slot)

Week "13" is really a hoot. I entered the MX5/SCCA/Solstice race from Spa today and it had almost everything one could ask for: A field of 43 cars (NASCAR anybody?), a mix of 3 classes, experienced guys, a few rookies, clever racers, not so clever racers. :lol:

But I have to post this YouTube video of a near miss I had. (I'm the yellow MX5). I took it from a few angles. I remember coming up the hill, at first not slowing down because I figured both cars would hit the wall on the left, and then realizing that at least one was going to bounce back onto the track and thinking Oh 🤬!!!

And then, as I started to swerve, I see the "no fear" Finnish guy coming up behind me with his throttle still wide open and had to totally thread the needle. I think this is about as close as you can get to "almost" disaster. I wish I could say it was all skill but it was mostly luck. :)

Oh, and BTW, I WON this race. (Class win anyway). Top that! :lol: 👍

[youtubehd]J7cq39n8_BA[/youtubehd]

Race preview from Mustang Challenge season 4, race 1.

Summit Point.

Last edited:
how do you properly imbed the video?

I used the youtube tag button in advanced, then tried pulling the imbed link from youtube instead ..then starting copying source code, lol

nothing worked

Last edited:
Bingo!

Thanks man.

My 1st MX5 Race with NTM - (9th to 1st Place)

Great Skip Race (Last on Grid to 2nd Place in 8 laps)

First of many (hopefully) video's i'll be posting in here.

Just a little battle another racer and I had. Ended in tears for him though.

First of many (hopefully) video's i'll be posting in here.

Just a little battle another racer and I had. Ended in tears for him though.

cool! Looks like you two had lots of repect and trust for each other in that battle! 👍
You were definitely faster than that guy, but he seemed to be able to brake a bit later.

cool! Looks like you two had lots of repect and trust for each other in that battle! 👍
You were definitely faster than that guy, but he seemed to be able to brake a bit later.

I think my braking was a little bit later. But since I couldn't get really far inside of him until right under braking. He was still able to utilize that I would be pinched down and he could carry more speed through the outside of the corner. Was probably the cleanest racing i've had with another member so far. And i've been a member for almost a year and a half. Was a blast though. Hopefully i'm able to have more fights like that with the HPD.

Yeah Watkins Glen was awesome. Wish the Grand Am Rolex Series would revisit it. couldn't help but notice the devs set it up so all the series ran Watkins Glen at the same time which makes me wonder what they hope to gain by that. I hope it's not for financial reasons; such as if all the series ran watkins glen at different times they know people will hop from series to series just to race it and not buy their other less popular tracks

* Granted I guess my argument doesn't quite add up since V8 is running Watkins this week. So that's not the case. They did stack all the watkins races close together tho.

^^^ Btw I watched that prototype vid above. It's good but just not used to seeing the driver there quite yet. I think his arms look off from his head a little

^^^ Btw I watched that prototype vid above. It's good but just not used to seeing the driver there quite yet. I think his arms look off from his head a little

I agree. and i have all my graphics on high. don't understand why it's so pixelated.

I think my braking was a little bit later. But since I couldn't get really far inside of him until right under braking. He was still able to utilize that I would be pinched down and he could carry more speed through the outside of the corner.

Cool, it shows that when you two are wheel-to-wheel that guy is outbraking you!
:)

Last edited:
I agree. and i have all my graphics on high. don't understand why it's so pixelated.

Because PD didnt make it :D

Cool, it shows that when you two are wheel-to-wheel that guy is outbraking you!
:)

It doesnt show that at all. It show that Kamui Fan was braking earlier to avoid damaging his own car or taking out the other guy from the race. Its called respectful, intelligent racing. I wonder how many races you finish with your banzai attitude :P

By the way, I just wondered what percentage of you iRacing guys use camera wise when you race. Cockpit cam hopefully yes? Because its realistic no?

I ask because I can argue till I'm blue in the face, but people who race GT5 in 'bumper cam' say its more realistic than my cockpit cam. Which it isnt. Is it simulator fans :)

By the way, I just wondered what percentage of you iRacing guys use camera wise when you race. Cockpit cam hopefully yes? Because its realistic no?

I ask because I can argue till I'm blue in the face, but people who race GT5 in 'bumper cam' say its more realistic than my cockpit cam. Which it isnt. Is it simulator fans :)

The problem with GT5's cockpit view is that you loose so much FOV, add to that the ridiculous vibration plus the lack of adjustabilty and very soon you find yourself going to bumper cam in GT5... I use bumper view myself, but am very comfortable and love the cockpit view in iRacing and rFactor(all I use is cockpit cam), GT5 got the details and pretty graphics but forgot practicality went the Form over function route in this department.

:lol:
Because PD didnt make it :D

It doesnt show that at all. It show that Kamui Fan was braking earlier to avoid damaging his own car or taking out the other guy from the race. Its called respectful, intelligent racing. I wonder how many races you finish with your banzai attitude :P

Yes, it does. And if you read the posts above Mr. Kamui states he was braking later than the other pilot. The other pilot was able to use his throttle and brake to outperform his opponent! Another word for that it outbraking. simple!

:dopey:

:lol:

Yes, it does. And if you read the posts above Mr. Kamui states he was braking later than the other pilot. The other pilot was able to use his throttle and brake to outperform his opponent! Another word for that it outbraking. simple!

Your ignoring what I posted before. Because I was pinched down to the bottom line I was limited on exit to how much track and power I could use. He therefor was able to have a faster apex speed and is able to get on the power earlier. For me to get beside him under braking requires me to be braking later. I just can't force him off the track by taking the whole line.

In gt5 I would try to use cockpit cam cause that's what makes me feel more immersed, etc but I always felt like I had a disadvantage because bumper cam is faster in that game for most people

In dirt 3 they had a hardcore mode that enforced cockpit cam I though that was clever

In iRacing everyone is forced into it. This is great because that's my preferred viewing and I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage to bumper view users (cause there isn't any hah!)

Thought maybe I read now hosted races can allow other views but maybe I misread that

Your ignoring what I posted before. Because I was pinched down to the bottom line I was limited on exit to how much track and power I could use. He therefor was able to have a faster apex speed and is able to get on the power earlier. For me to get beside him under braking requires me to be braking later. I just can't force him off the track by taking the whole line.

No, I did not ignore that info. It is not relevant.

But if you were braking later and having the inside line you could have forced him to back off. That is why I corrected my statement about the other pilot braking later to 'outbraking' you (inclusive of throttle and brake management).

PM and we can discuss this offline!
Cheers!

You sound like you should be joining the iRacing crew here shortly ;D

I wish :( I need to buy a PC before I can entertain the idea, but my laptop is fine for all my computery needs. I only have a DFGT at the moment too. So i'm thinking i'll probably have to save for a PC AND a new steering wheel. Cant warrent that at the moment.

Jav
The problem with GT5's cockpit view is that you loose so much FOV, add to that the ridiculous vibration plus the lack of adjustabilty and very soon you find yourself going to bumper cam in GT5... I use bumper view myself, but am very comfortable and love the cockpit view in iRacing and rFactor(all I use is cockpit cam), GT5 got the details and pretty graphics but forgot practicality went the Form over function route in this department.

Fortunetely I dont know any difference, so GT has always been the best racing experience for me. That includes available viewing options. It depends on the car but I use cockpit cam for all of them, changing through standard to narrower views for best track coverage. I'm pretty adept by now at knowing my cars widths and where my competitors are in relation to myself as well. The FOV doesnt bother me, and to be honest I never noticed the camera shake until GTP members went up in arms about it. Even then I figured with Kaz'z real life racing experiences there ought to be a good reason for it being there ;)

In gt5 I would try to use cockpit cam cause that's what makes me feel more immersed, etc but I always felt like I had a disadvantage because bumper cam is faster in that game for most people

In dirt 3 they had a hardcore mode that enforced cockpit cam I though that was clever

In iRacing everyone is forced into it. This is great because that's my preferred viewing and I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage to bumper view users (cause there isn't any hah!)

Thought maybe I read now hosted races can allow other views but maybe I misread that

With regard to going faster in bumper cam I dare say you're right. Best visability of the track and its boundaries, plus you drive from the central point of the car in every car on the game. Mclaren didnt put their seat in the middle for no reason ;) Like you though I feel much more immersed in the experience when I can see the cockpit around me. I also feel more immersed due to the physical limitations it brings. Not to mention proper sound delievery.

In my opinion cockpit cam is a must if you're trying to simulate a realistic expereice, and I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that iRacing enforces it.

Back