iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

Nice film Kamu. Make one for Lime Rock! My tops so far is a 41.2. The Leaders can hit the low 40s though. Would be awesome to break into the low 40s.

Better yet, make a film for next week's track! I may not do any more lime rock races this week

Nice film Kamu. Make one for Lime Rock! My tops so far is a 41.2. The Leaders can hit the low 40s though. Would be awesome to break into the low 40s.

Better yet, make a film for next week's track! I may not do any more lime rock races this week

I unfortunately won't be putting up a Lime Rock lap for awhile. Ran about 15 minutes and was able to hit a 40.6. But I don't feel comfortable with the track, let alone racing on it. So i'm taking it as my drop. Not to mention that I usually do my racing on Sunday's and Mondays. I'll be in Fuji doing some real life testing though :D

Intel GT Series hotlap at Spa. It's my personal best, 2nd fastest qualifying time recorded so far (ahead of all the North American region but a few hundredths off Luke McLean). The lap was done in the final laps of qualifying with a 30kg fuel load (fixed setup).

And Kamuifanboy, I actually started to really enjoy the car after a week of driving it. :lol:

Awesome you're starting to dig the car now too :dopey:

Great film. I really dig your car driver's suit! The arm models look great with that texture I must say. Skin on the car looks nice too.

I didn't even know about the Intel GT series. I assumed it was restricted to the top racers. Had no idea anyone could join til Friday. But I was busy this weekend so had no time to practice SPA. Would've loved to do an all-HPD race so much :ouch:

It's a shame it ends this coming Monday!!!

Thanks for posting the vid I'll use it for reference

The Intel GT series for your region was on about 2-3 weeks ago mate....

Yeah, the skin I absolutely love. It's a team car (Trans Tasman Racing) painted by my teammate Blair Payton. He does a great job with skins, they all look superb. 👍

Loved the Intel GT series this week, just need to hope I can get through the regional final cleanly.

Racing incident for me Chris. There's not really a big issue with what you did in going for the gap, but at the same time, you're relying so heavily on two other drivers to be precise that the chances of incidents like that happening increases substantially. Personally I'd have backed off when you said maybe you should have. Tuck in on the inside line and try and get a run past the guy on the outside.

Nice video. I enjoyed it.
Can three wide through turn two reasonably be done with the Mustang? If not, you may have put the other two cars in a compromised situation. There was obviously a gap between the two going into turn one, but at that point you didn't have substantial overlap with the outside car. He did give you room though and turn one wasn't the problem haha. It wasn't your error in the end that caused the incident, but maybe going three wide was expecting too much of the other drivers. I don't know really. Just thinking out loud.

Broadcast of the ISRA multi-class season-opener at Spa, I think there were 53 cars. Incredible quality of broadcast, especially considering these guys don't do this regularly.

To me, this is a fantastic demonstration of iRacing graphics, physics, sounds and multi-player. So many little details with the night lighting, the body scraping the tarmac, the dash lights, etc. All with a super-fast car on a little rinky dinky track. Yes, I'm a fanboi. :crazy:

To me, this is a fantastic demonstration of iRacing graphics, physics, sounds and multi-player. So many little details with the night lighting, the body scraping the tarmac, the dash lights, etc. All with a super-fast car on a little rinky dinky track. Yes, I'm a fanboi. :crazy:

Lol!! That's an awesome video man! Very sharp, but not overdone! iRacing just gets it right.

cmpinberkeley , congrats on your 1st win! I enjoyed racing at Iowa Night road course as well! What a great track 👍

Good video. I like that camera angle too

Cool, I never noticed there was a video thread. I keep forgetting that iRacing has its own subforum now.

I think I posted this one on the main thread already but I'll post it here too anyway:

Check out my other videos too, thanks! :)

cmpinberkeley , congrats on your 1st win! I enjoyed racing at Iowa Night road course as well! What a great track 👍

Good video. I like that camera angle too

Not my vid, I'm just posting ones that I like. But after watching it again, given the season, it looks like Santa is driving!!! LOL!!

Guys, what are you using to convert the replays and upload them to Youtube? I just had the craziest looniest race ever!! People driving backwards, crashing into each other, ambushing cars, it was absolute mayhem!!! See for yourselves, keep an eye on Milan and Brady:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hb08u9zkcz9bd65

Jav
Guys, what are you using to convert the replays and upload them to Youtube? I just had the craziest looniest race ever!! People driving backwards, crashing into each other, ambushing cars, it was absolute mayhem!!! See for yourselves, keep an eye on Milan and Brady:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hb08u9zkcz9bd65

You open the replay and record it using fraps. After it has been recorded use a video editing software program to render it into a proper video. Then you upload to youtube.

@Patrocles, you did an awesome job on that film! 👍

I really enjoyed the storytelling there. I love how you showed a clip of the leader spinning, etc.

Oulton Park looks fun! I'd like to buy it but dont think they'll use it in any of my series :indiff:

@Patrocles, you did an awesome job on that film! 👍

I really enjoyed the storytelling there. I love how you showed a clip of the leader spinning, etc.

Oulton Park looks fun! I'd like to buy it but dont think they'll use it in any of my series :indiff:

It is a great track, but you're right I don't see Grand Amm or LMS running there any time soon...

You guys are too kind! I am so slow that getting on the podium was as good as a win for me! LOL

yeah, I really grew to like the Oulton Park track. I hope to do more events there!

Last video I've made is from a Lotus 79 race at Spa. The full race is over an hour long, it was pretty fun.

Edit: Very nice Skippy video there, Patrocles! 👍

Last edited:
How they laser scan tracks at iRacing...

My friend Dave is in the vid setting up the laser scanner. He's extending the tripod at :28 and :40, setting up scanning spheres at 1:25. He's also a professional, awarded motorsport photographer. 👍 I was stoked when he gave me a 12 month membership card to iRacing. Thanks Dave!

How do you turn off the HUD when watching replays? I was just wanting to go back through and watch my replays, but its annoying with the HUD covering a 1/3 of the screen.

Also nice vids guys. Maybe if I ever get some time I'll upload a few of mine:tup:

plate88
How do you turn off the HUD when watching replays? I was just wanting to go back through and watch my replays, but its annoying with the HUD covering a 1/3 of the screen.

Also nice vids guys. Maybe if I ever get some time I'll upload a few of mine:tup:

Tap the 'Space' bar, bud :)

Latest Posts

Back