iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

How do you turn off the HUD when watching replays? I was just wanting to go back through and watch my replays, but its annoying with the HUD covering a 1/3 of the screen.

Also nice vids guys. Maybe if I ever get some time I'll upload a few of mine:tup:

I actually like leaving the HUD up when i'm showing a lap of the track. Lets the viewer see my throttle, brake, steering, and time. That is directed towards everyone running as well.

And in case you didn't see the post above me. It is the space bar.

I don't get why the iRacing staff won't allow some more customization to the replay UI. Like you said it's useful to show the steering/throttle/brake inputs in a replay but the HUD takes half the screen!

Some people actually bother to record two separate videos, one with the HUD on and the other with the HUD off, then they edit just that little square with the driver's input into the HUD off video.

Last video I've made is from a Lotus 79 race at Spa. The full race is over an hour long, it was pretty fun.

Wow, that Lotus race looks intense. I think you have to be at B license to run, yes? I bought the Lotus79 last month in order to get the 3 item discount. I do not know anything about older F1 cars, but I thought it would be uncontrollable! Instead, it handles very well even for this slow pilot.

Yeah, B license. The default setups have good handling but aren't very fast, I know nothing about setups so I always get someone else's on the forum. The fast setups take a while to get used to as the car is very loose at slow corners but after you get the hang of it it's a pretty fun car to race.

Thanks guys.

livemusic
I don't get why the iRacing staff won't allow some more customization to the replay UI. Like you said it's useful to show the steering/throttle/brake inputs in a replay but the HUD takes half the screen!

More options would be nice.

I did have a good Silverado race last week at Kentucky. 3 of us battling for the win for the last 15 laps or so. I'll see if I can't get that up in the next few days.

The start of an ISRA League race this past Monday at Mid Ohio. I just think it is cool to have this many people show up for a race every week and drive cleanly.

The start of an ISRA League race this past Monday at Mid Ohio. I just think it is cool to have this many people show up for a race every week and drive cleanly.

How many where there?

I can't wait until I get to the stage of huge car fields, as I'm sticking with the rookie series for now the most I have is 11/12!

Too bad ISRA for Grand Tour (above) is full. In any case now they have their own license system. so in order for me to drive an HPD it appears I'd have to grind through the GT classes 1st. :crazy:

I can understand their thinking tho for obvious reasons (HPDs running through GTs)

Hello guys, this is a video of the final lap of my second race. I finished third 0.02 behind the second place.

Props thats a fun film. I love Phillip's Island so much! So glad it will be on next seasons schedule by the looks of things. It barely made it; which baffles me

Props thats a fun film. I love Phillip's Island so much! So glad it will be on next seasons schedule by the looks of things. It barely made it; which baffles me

how does one see the "next seasons"? i'm debating on where to take myself now that i am pretty close to 4.0 D. but i didn't want to buy tracks and them not be in the seasons

but on topic. i loved the pick using the slower cars on that phillip island movie it was perfect. pure strategy.

@MATKAP,

- looks like you didnt qualify for that race since the gt cars are in front of ya. For shame lol (unless it was 1st race of the week, but anyway they will be fixing that bug in multi-class so you cant start behind GT cars anymo')

- I wish the screen were wider like that phillip's island vid ya made

Good racing and lots of nice close calls. Good prediction of which direction the uncontrolled cars were going to spin, etc. I am wondering if I've raced with ya before. when the site comes back up I'll see if you were in one of mine. I did bout 4 okayama races last week.

Last edited:
Back