(IRS) International Racing Series Main Hub | New Drivers Welcome

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 328 comments
The group 4 Megane doesn’t do anything for me. I mean I will probably participate in whatever you set up but a car that actually encourages me to play with the settings would pique my interest most.
Ahhh... So you would want tuning to be permitted? Not many do. I find that most of the time drivers can't be bothered to have to tune. Interesting.

@Clean Racer

Yes I know it’s the v6. That car drives itself. I would actually prefer the FF one. That one would require some taming and some tire saving. I know I am probably an isolated case but no one is tuning anymore. I get all the spec stock racing I can handle in snail and the FIA races. I am here in IRS for the tuning. It gives an actual reason to practice during the week. I don’t need to learn the tracks, I know the tracks. But with tuning I can find ways to optimize the car and turn laps tinkering with different settings. Keeps me engaged. And like you I don’t mind sharing what I find at all. I actually get more of a kick out of helping people than winning. I am an old dog who is past his prime. When I can help someone get faster I feel like I’m still relevant.

FWD is always rough though.

What about a two car series with a theme? America vs UK. Ferrari vs Lamborghini. FR vs MR, etc. It's more than one car so there's visual variety but only two so it's a lot easier to BoP them together if needed.

I am with Whitey, I enjoy the spec racing that snail does for me but i can hop in the car and run some laps and be fast. I like the added challenge of having to figure out a good setup in order to be fast.

But on another note i do think that the GR4 car you are talking about should make for some close racing tuning on or off.

No. Two car series is more complicated than I want to get.

I think that the 3 cars mentioned are excellent because they are actually cars from a real life one make series. I also agree that tuning makes things more interesting. I mean, it's an entire element of the game, and racing for that matter, that goes ignored out of convenience.

The Cayman Gr.4 is the trickiest car of the three. The Megane Trophy is the most stable. The Audi has tire wear issues that get mitigated by shorter Sprint races.

I see we do some informal races one night with. 3 sprunt races using the cars to see what people think.

We can eventually do a one make series with each car. Cayman Series, Audi TT CUP then a Megane Trophy series. Or whatever order. I mean, I plan on being here for a while.

I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. :)

I get out of work at 9 tonight so maybe a lobby at 9:30 for some 10 minute sprint races?

Alright. I plan to be on after 9pm also. We can run a bunch of races. We should use chat to communicate. It takes way to long to type stuff out. I'll start a private chat session when I get in.

If anyone reading this wants to join in send me an FR because the lobby will be a "friend's only".

How many want to continue running the MX-5 as a regular thing. How long should the races be? I personal do not look at this car as an endurance machine. 20 to 30 minute races are sufficient.

It may be the best car for recruitment/introduction to IRS. The only issue I see with is that tuning is involved. That might be a good thing though. Thoughts?

Alright guys just wanted to drop in real quick and say thanks to all of those who have offered to assist with BoP for our upcoming multi-class series. We have all the classes covered and will look to get information out in the near future.

So just a little note for all you stats fans. I am in the process of merging the ARS and IRS stats together. Originally I had planned to not do this, but now I have since changed my mind and it is in progress. My main reason for bringing this up is because I discovered that this group is about to hit a major milestone on the number of races we have held. At some point during the Superbug Series we will hit 200 races completed, between the ARS and IRS. This will be a huge milestone for the group and I look forward to continuing to build on it.

So just a little note for all you stats fans. I am in the process of merging the ARS and IRS stats together. Originally I had planned to not do this, but now I have since changed my mind and it is in progress. My main reason for bringing this up is because I discovered that this group is about to hit a major milestone on the number of races we have held. At some point during the Superbug Series we will hit 200 races completed, between the ARS and IRS. This will be a huge milestone for the group and I look forward to continuing to build on it.
Will this mean I no longer must bear rookie status?

Congrats @aceboy127, that’s quite the accomplishment. Good show!

In my data gathering I have nearly gotten all of the results combined and took a look at the total starts for all drivers, in all honesty number 1 was a bit unsurprising, while number 2 caught me off guard. The others all made sense. Without further ado here is the current Top 10 list for total start between all drivers. Do note this list may not be 100% correct, but for the most part should be fine.
  1. @aceboy127 150 Starts
  2. @AngryEater 121 Starts
  3. @Sassafrass_3 91 Starts
  4. @Bowtie52 84 Starts
  5. @CAB114 65 Starts
  6. @Dylan 63 Starts
  7. @Antares26 62 Starts
  8. @Alan_2134 51 Starts
  9. @cbcvabch 42 Starts
  10. @jammy21 36 Starts

Last edited:
Back