IRS - Mazda TC Challenge - series concluded. DESERT PENGUIN is the Champion!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 203 comments
  • 13,124 views
Great racing tonight in the Pro and Am fields alike! :D Tires certainly are interesting. Maybe tire temps and cleaning dirt off works differently compared to racing tires?

Sardegna B is next week. Anyone around tomorrow night for some practice?
 
Time of day definitely makes a difference. I used to run each of three races in the Toyota 86 Racing Series with different times of day and it was nuanced in certain places but they were noticeably different in others. I opted to stop that and run a single midday time to keep it safe and consistent for everyone.
 
I’m having some weird lag issues tonight.

Hope you guys have a good race.
Sorry about this. Hope to see you back. You're a good and clean racer.
 
The second race drove much worse for me, I generally always struggle in the sun. I didn’t notice an ounce of grip reduction or tire wear in either race, no red appeared at all. I didn’t have any problems with the tires warming up either, the car drove the same the entire race, unlike in @R1600Turbo’s Ferrari series on RM tires where the tires took half of the race to warm up. Sports tires are generally much more predictable and consistent than racing tires.
 
The car was very loose for me in the first race, lots of oversteer. Second race it tightened up and was perfect.
 
Did anyone experiment with brake balance. I found it very even on 0 and didn't feel the need to try things as they might mess me up. What were you guys running with?
 
Did anyone experiment with brake balance. I found it very even on 0 and didn't feel the need to try things as they might mess me up. What were you guys running with?

I ran with +1, but that’s pretty much what I’ve used for every car since the last update
 
That probably helps you brake a little later and keep it steady.
 
Did anyone experiment with brake balance. I found it very even on 0 and didn't feel the need to try things as they might mess me up. What were you guys running with?
-2
 
A couple of photos from round 2 at Brands Hatch. I've put them in as thumbnails, so click to enlarge. 8358768878004765696_0.jpg 8358768880689120256_0.jpg 8367776077796376584_0.jpg
 
Nah, got caught up with the new Godzilla movie now out on Digital so I'm watching that.
 
Hey guys!

I have posted a Broadcast of both rounds in the "Images and Video" section of the thread. Check it out. It includes an opening with a lap guide.

A Like and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!:gtpflag:
 
Just a heads up. I am on vacation. I will update the standings but I am running in ng a bit behind.
 
Practice lobby open friends only

0475-4207-2548-9986-8740

Closed
 
Last edited:
Join in as fast as you can. We just finished qualifyinf
 
Sorry about making you wait for me, Internet just doesn’t want to cooperate with me tonight
 
Thanks guys for letting me race last minuet. I was having an absolute blast with that combo and enjoyed racing around you guys. Monday’s aren’t normally a race day for me but I will try to enter in as many of these as I can. Great racing everybody.
 
I love me some low powered spec racing and this week didn't disappoint in the least!
 
Back