IRS | Renault Sport Trophy | Am Drivers Wanted! | Saturdays 8:30p EST | November 16: Round 6: Spa

When should we race at Spa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are you getting at? It's not enough people on grid for you to join?

I mean I’m not taking anyone’s spot, so there’ll be a spot there if I show up. If I was preventing someone from racing I’d give up my spot.

I said when I signed up I’m a reserve anyway, I’m going to miss part of the season so I’m not going to be running for points

I mean I’m not taking anyone’s spot, so there’ll be a spot there if I show up. If I was preventing someone from racing I’d give up my spot.
Right, so as of now you're going to race, but if we get 17 drivers you'll back out?

Everyone please make sure to send a friend request to @aceboy127 as he is our backup host. I'm not feeling so positive about tonight so have him on your friends list to join the lobby in case he's the host. If need be I'll set up the room but he should be around. I'm in the process of reaching him on discord

Word from ace is he may be a little late since he's out with family. I know some of you are also racing in ARL tonight so any delay would make things tight. If need be, would you guys be fine with a simple postponement to next week?

Probably for a bit. I know I said I'd host regardless of injury but it's so off-putting to watch what I can't be a part of. I just wanna be on track racing but I'm afraid to slam my foot down and be in a lot of unnecessary pain.

Well that race could have gone better. Poor qualifying, ran the first half with damage and off the pace. Then had to pit again in the second half for more damage. Sucked because by the end of the race, I was running top 3 lap times.

It's a fun technical track but run a little wide into the barrier and you risk getting damage. Or if you happen spin or something there's no runoff so there's that cause of damage. Not sure who practiced a lot but the consistent guys paid off.

Next week is Nurburgring GP which has a bit more room to work with so we should see more close on track action!

It's a fun technical track but run a little wide into the barrier and you risk getting damage. Or if you happen spin or something there's no runoff so there's that cause of damage.
First damage I got was from contact with another car on lap 3. But later in the race on lap 22, I got stuck on the kerb at the exit of the second to last corner. Grinded it like a skateboard and hit that 45 degree angled barrier at the end of it.

At least I managed to get a top 5 out of it.

Last edited:
Was fun, @Herimopp89 kept me company for most of the race and even in the end I had to go fuel saving, having used up too much to try attacking for fastest lap when I didn't put in enough extra fuel for it.

I think the 90% fuel at the start should stay as it is. Strategies are a part of racing, as is getting the right setup, like it or not, and the choice between going all in for hotlapping and burn all fuel to hell or being "boring" and managing fuel while still maintaining competitive pace have always been there.

But that's just my opinion. It's worth keeping in mind that even if we start the races on full fuel, there will be tracks where fuel saving will still be in play, especially with this Gr.X car that has a smaller fuel tank than Gr.3 cars.

As long as you have to make a pit stop in any race, fuel saving will always be a thing.

Obviously something like this series where you HAVE to pit once is much better than something like the Supra Cup races where you had to run on fuel map 4 and short shift the entire race to stretch it all the way.

Other than the long straights when I have someone to draft, I’m never switching away from map 1 in these races.

Its tough because at the core all I want is a mandatory pit stop and the game can't do that so I came up with something that forces a pit stop but still allows for all out racing.

If we could turn fuel wear off so it lasts and just have a mandatory pit stop that would be ideal but there's nothing set for that and we can't trust/police everyone to do it themselves.

In real life there are racing series where refuelling isn't a thing so they don't worry or even think about fuel saving. They just race and pit for tire change during the pit window. In particular, the Blancpain series runs 90 minute races and the pit window opens when the countdown clock hits 55:00 and closes when it hits 45:00. It's pretty simple really. I just wish we could include that somehow.

Last edited:
This was how close me and @Antares26 where for the first 3/4 of the race. Once i lost the draft I had a very slim chance of catching up to noir...I actually figured out the damn track and was running my fastest laps at the end of the race.
8296219851918148624_0.jpg

Also we gained about 8 seconds on @LANAtron then we started racing side by side it was amazing to see how quick he closed the gap up to us

Last edited:
In real life there are racing series where refuelling isn't a thing so they don't worry or even think about fuel saving. They just race and pit for tire change during the pit window. In particular, the Blancpain series runs 90 minute races and the pit window opens when the countdown clock hits 55:00 and closes when it hits 45:00. It's pretty simple really. I just wish we could include that somehow.
You have to take note that those series you mentioned allow the teams to control each of their car's initial fuel load, they'll still have to figure out how much they need to make it to within the pit window.

They don't just come in randomly during that pit window, it's planned cause it's part of race strategy.

And that's still going into what options you have with a car that has little fuel burn versus a fuel thirsty car.

Simple is a word for the spectator. The presence of a mandatory pit stop alone opens up several strategy options.

Having to come up with a good BoP alone takes hours if you do it from scratch. This series being a spec series is simple enough, honestly.

And I do want to keep it simple, compared to the Blancpain series. That's a whole different beast.

I'm thinking next season this will be two 40 minute races, with the 2nd race being reverse grid. I'll also bump tire wear up to x2. All together that should make things interesting. Not every race has to have pit stops in the first place.

Let's just keep things going as they are for now. Planning this far ahead for the next season ain't a bad thing but it kinda removes the focus from whatever's happening this season.

I have OCD and anxiety. All I do is plan :lol:

Of course no changes will go into effect this season. This is all speculative talk.

In the next day or two. Ace is working on the Driver Rankings a bit. It will definitely be up before the next race. Your friend didn't show up last week, what happened?

Back