IRS VW Scirocco Cup Season 1 | Tuesdays 9PM Eastern | Season Completed - Thanks to all who raced!

United States
United States
y4ml5g5hAsUIJ8qTrFvogpErJgId6dIeQ2as3wiWPaSKFRmrngevC-8KE4rSPDxpwW7sn9ccGs_saHckNCpA9QIUatBbEQtoF-mHkUnH_NkPk_RqxZOLq1itcIZqOogCrANfxR676cCjS7jGNvbPlm4pEqxvqeIkghej8Pe8PSzUdwOxh3c7BtPlpJvRIiqEf7Nr2EXUQ0LQpwEVCJT9c0PLQ

Scirocco Gr.4.jpg

• Every driver is expected to adhere to the gtplanet forums code of conduct.
  • Public verbal attacks against any IRS member, whether thru the forums, in-game lobbies, or voice chats is strictly prohibited.
  • During races, use of the in-game chat for any reason besides communicating with race officials is strictly prohibited.
  • IRS reserves the right to punish any of its members should they exhibit disruptive, offensive behavior that ruins the experience of others.
  • Clean, fair racing is expected from all drivers at all times.
  • Contact between cars is permitted so long as contact does not result in another car going off track, damage to another car, or any outcome where contact is deemed excessive.
  • When defending track position, drivers are only allowed to make one move in defense. Excessive defending constitutes to illegal blocking.
  • Overtakes are expected to done fairly and cleanly. Overtaking drivers are expected to use their better judgment to ascertain whether or not they have gained control of the racing line.
  • If contact is made that results in another car going off-track, the offending car is expected to surrender track position to the other car involved in the incident as soon as possible.
  • A car rejoining the track after going off-track must rejoin the track in a safe manner. Approaching cars will have the right of way over cars that are rejoining.
  • Heavily damaged cars are expected to stay off the racing line until they get back to the pits for repairs (for Heavy damage settings), or until the auto-repair completes (for Light damage settings). Cars coming around heavily damaged cars are expected to safely get around these cars.
  • Lapped cars are expected to give way to faster cars at the soonest possible opportunity and are not allowed to interfere with any on-track battles between faster cars. It is the responsibility of lapped cars to be aware of faster traffic coming through. Lapped cars deemed to have impeded faster traffic will be penalized.
  • Driving backwards on track is strictly prohibited at all times and results in an immediate disqualification and possible suspension from the series and/or the organization.
  • All cars are expected to be moving forward on track unless recovering from an incident.
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Intentional or payback actions will be harshly penalized.
  • At least two tires must be kept within track limits at all times.
  • Generally, track limits are represented by either the white lines or the kerbs wherever present on track. However, these rules may be adjusted depending on the track and in doing so will be properly specified by the series organizer.
  • A car with two tires on the defined track limits is already considered having two tires off-track.
  • If a car gains an advantage by going over track limits, drivers are expected to reduce speed just enough to negate any potential advantage gained. Repeated instances of gaining an advantage by exceeding track limits results in a penalty.
  • Any overtake done by exceeding track limits is considered an illegal overtake and any offending are cars expected to immediately return the position(s) gained. The only exception to this rule is when the overtake is performed in avoidance of an accident that occurred ahead.
  • Crossing the white lines at pit entry and/or pit exit results in a penalty.
  • Causing a collision: 30s penalty
  • Illegal blocking: 10s penalty
  • Illegal overtake: 20s penalty
  • Unsafe rejoin on track: 15s penalty
  • Impeding faster traffic: 20s penalty
  • Gaining advantage by exceeding track limits: 15s penalty
  • Crossing Pit Entry line: 20s penalty
  • Crossing Pit Exit line: 20s penalty
  • Poor Driving Standards*
  • Unsportsmanlike Behavior*
*Handed at the discretion of IRS officials, and can range between a number of race suspensions or outright ban from the series and/or the organization.
Gr. 4 VW Scirocco using the following settings:
Power 90%
Weight 105%.
Stock Tune setup - tuning will be prohibited
Brake Bias and Fuel mapping can be adjusted during the race
Tires = Competitors may use RS,RM or RH tires.
  • Use of the stock livery is prohibited and will be promptly penalized.
  • Offensive decals and livery themes are prohibited and will be promptly penalized.
  • Placement of number decals is regulated, drivers must use the Type #8 number plate which is provided within the Livery Editor.
  • Teams with two-drivers, while required to have the same primary sponsor, are not required to use the same livery design.
  • Drivers are allowed to use different race liveries throughout the season, however drivers are only restricted to one livery per race weekend. Race officials must also be informed before the day of the race when drivers intend to use different race liveries. Abrupt livery switches will not be permitted.
  • Cars with incorrect/misplaced/missing number plates, unacknowledged livery switches will earn a warning/penalty if violations are repeated.
  • The following decals are required - Yokohama Tire on front and rear of vehicle below headlights and tail lights, Bilstien logo in front of rear wheel, Black racing banner, IRS Globe logo and Script above number plate.View attachment 780198
Round 1 - Sprint - Fuji Speedway (12 Laps x 2) - November 20th
Round 2 - Sprint - Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (9 Laps x 2) - November 27th
Round 3 - Sprint - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (12 Laps x 2) - December 4th
Round 4 - Enduro - Circuit de Sainte-Croix B (20 Laps) - December 11th
Round 5 - Sprint - Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (12 Laps x 2) - January 8th
Round 6 - Sprint - Suzuka Circuit (10 Laps x 2) - January 15th
Round 7 - Enduro - Nurburgring 24H (6 Laps) -January 22nd
GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Car number:
Team:
(Write N/A if registering as Independent driver)
Primary Sponsor:
  • Drivers can either register as part of a team or as an independent driver
  • Available car numbers are 2-99 (#1 is an option for the defending champion)
  • Teams can have only up to two drivers
  • Primary sponsors are exclusive to each team/independent driver
  • Car numbers and primary sponsors can no longer be changed after round 1
  • Independent drivers that transfer to a team mid-season must apply the primary sponsor of the team
Sprint Races
  • A Sprint Race weekend will compose of a qualifying session and two races.
  • Qualifying is 10 minutes long.
  • Sprint Race 1 grid is determined by qualifying order.
  • Sprint Race 2 grid is determined by reversed qualifying order.
Enduro Races
  • An Enduro Race weekend consists of a qualifying session and a one race.
  • Qualifying is 20 minutes long.
  • Enduro race grid is determined by qualifying order.
All times in EST
20:30 - Lobby Opening / Free Practice
21:00 - Qualifying
21:20 - Start of Races
  • Session start times will not be delayed to wait for latecomers unless unanimously agreed upon by all drivers currently in the lobby
  • Drivers are encouraged to join the lobby as early as possible to be able to identify and resolve any network issues with the lobby before the start of qualifying.
  • Latecomers who join the lobby once qualifying has started will be allowed to enter the track and set a lap within the remaining time.
  • Latecomers who join the lobby once race 1 has started will be allowed to join race 2 but will start at the back of the field.
  • Latecomers will no longer be accepted once race 2 has started.
  • Latecomers who experience network issues upon entering the lobby will not be granted session delays to resolve their issues. Should the issue be significant, will be excluded from the race weekend (but granted last grid place points of the sessions following their exclusion).
  • Races are scored as follows:
    • Sprints: 25-20-17-15-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    • Enduro: 50-40-30-27-24-22-20-18-15-13-11-9-8-7-6-5
  • Driver who sets the fastest qualifying time gets 2 bonus points
  • Driver who sets the fastest lap in each race gets 1 bonus point
  • Driver who leads the most laps in an enduro race gets 1 bonus point
  • Drop Score:
    • At the end of the season, the single lowest scoring round from each driver and team will not count towards the final championship standings.
    • Drop scores for both championships are calculated independent of each other, meaning a driver's drop score will not affect the team's total score for the dropped round.
    • Drivers and Teams who join the season after round one will not be given a drop score.
  • Scirocco Cup Drivers Champion
    • Awarded to the driver with the most points at the end of the season
  • Scirocco Cup Teams Champion
    • Awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the season
  • Scirocco Cup Independents Trophy
    • Awarded to the highest scoring independent driver of the season
  • TAG Heuer Pole Position Trophy
    • Awarded to the driver with the most number of pole positions in the season
  • Polyphony Digital Fastest Lap Trophy
    • Awarded to the driver with the most number of fastest laps in the season
  • Start Type
    • Standing Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Set By Host
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Heavy
  • Tire Wear: 2x
  • Fuel Consumption: 2x
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 120 seconds.

Last edited:
Entries
GTP ID: micantony
PSN ID: micantony
Car number: 73
Team: Independent
Primary Sponsor: Santa Cruz Skateboards

GTP ID: Whitey093
PSN ID: Whitey093
Car number: 92
Team: White Lightning Motorsports
Primary Sponsor: Old Spice

GTP ID: DesertPenguin
PSN ID: DesertPenguin09
Car number: 9
Team: Beefy Penguin Racing
Primary Sponsor: Battlefield V

GTP ID: Herimopp89
PSN ID: Herimopp89
Car number: 55

GTP ID: aceboy127
PSN ID: aceboy127
Car number: 23
Team: Top Performance Motorsports
Primary Sponsor: Dr. Pepper

GTP ID: Clean Racer
PSN ID: GentlemanRacing
Car number: 93
Team: Gentleman Racing
Primary Sponsor: APR Motorsport
Scirocco Cup .jpg

PSN: AngryEater
GTP: AngryEater
Car#: 37
Primary Sponsor: Magic
Team: Independent

PSN ID: ERAUfan97
Car number: 97
Team: Beefy Penguin Racing
Primary Sponsor: Battlefield V

Last edited:
Race Reports

Week 1 Race 1 results
P1 - micantony
P2 - Gentleman Racing
P3 - DesertPenguin
P4 - Whitey093
P5 - AngryEater

Week 1 Race2 results
P1 - GentlemanRacing
P2 - DesertPenguin
P3 - micantony

Week 2 Race 1 results
P1 - Whitey093
P2 - bloodyboyblue
P3 - GentlemanRacing
P4 - aceboy127
P5 - AngryEater

Week 2 Race 2 results

P1 - Whitey093
P2 - bloodyboyblue
P3 - GentlemanRacing
P4 - aceboy127
P5 - AngryEater

STANDINGS
VW Scirocco Standings.PNG

Last edited:
Can we just do the Jan 8th race every week? :dopey:

GTP ID: micantony
PSN ID: micantony
Car number: 73
Team:
N/A (may look for a teammate though if that is preferable)
Primary Sponsor: Gauloises
:cheers:

Last edited:
GTP ID: Whitey093
PSN ID: Whitey093
Car number: 92
Team:
White Lightning Motorsports

I will be teaming with @Herimopp89 this season under the White Lightning Motorsports banner

GTP ID: Herimopp89
PSN ID: Herimopp89
Car number: 55

I don't know how many race I will be running I will try to make a couple.

GTP ID: aceboy127
PSN ID: aceboy127
Car number: 23
Team: Top Performance Motorsports
Primary Sponsor: Dr. Pepper

Herimopp and Whitey are teaming up huh. That should be a pretty good pairing.

The team has arrived at Fuji. Looking to get some track time soon. It's great to be at this incredible icon of a circuit!
Scirocco Gr.4.jpg

Last edited:
Tires 1x
Fuel 2x

Stock setup - no tuning
Tire choices - RS,RM and RH
Fuel Map - you are allowed to adjust this setting as well as brake bias.

I am working on updating the OP
UPDATE: After some testing I have increased the tire wear rate to 2x.

I take it now they wear just enough that you can't take the same line all race and be okay. By the end of the race you're gonna have to be more conscious of that.

Hey guys. I made some additional updates to the OP. Namely, some minor livery requirements along with a sample photo. The only decals required for this series that are not already included in the Livery editor are the IRS Globe logo and script. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Also, I cut the race at the Nurburgring 24h layout to 6 laps. It's about a 9 minute lap at that layout so that will put us at about an hour. :D

I'm going to try and scrounge a couple credits together after my shift, give the Scirocco a spin; hopefully pull together a sponsorship. Tuesday is tough with professional responsibilities, but look for an additional registration submission tonight.

In the livery guidelines you say to use Number Plate Style 8 but you are using Style 7. Can we use one or the other depending on which goes better with a livery or should it be only one of the two?

I just did a custom one-make arcade race and it's actually not awful. I mean it is because they brake in places you don't need to, but you have to make sure you get a good clean run on them because we are heavier with less power. It sort of evens out.

6 laps on Fuji with Racing Softs gave a decent amount of wear so I think it will be tough at the end of the race. Tough enough that someone on Mediums might be more consistent all the way through. I think Hards are a safe bet but you might get left behind enough in the opening laps to have a gap that's not about to be brought back in, even with the tire disparity at the end.

I don't care about keeping strategy secret. We should all help each other out. I'm probably gonna run RM tires most races so I'll have plenty of data on that if anyone's interested. Someone else can do the same with RS and RH tires if they want.

This will be a tough series for me to run in the endurance league I am in runs the same night. I have a livery made up just in case the combo for my other series is terrible. Good luck to all the people racing tonight.

This will be a tough series for me to run in the endurance league I am in runs the same night. I have a livery made up just in case the combo for my other series is terrible. Good luck to all the people racing tonight.
Do this instead. Sprint racing is way more fun

Back