Is a VW GTI Really Worth a Packet of McDonald's Szechuan Sauce?

I really don't understand why the people who are so desperate for Szechuan sauce don't just buy a bottle or make their own? This is a country that deep fries whole turkeys at home, it's not like they suffer from any lack of gastronomic invention. We won't mention tinned cheese, obviously.

Sucks to be him since McDonald's is releasing more of these sauce packets so it is not like his is going to be rare to justify the cost.

The simpsons already did this.
kinfkPr.png

I used to like Rick and Morty back in the first season (myself being a Back to the Future fan), but it's just become a giant meme and a part of me cringes every time I see it now.

It's more cringe at the fan base and less at the show itself. It was better when it was obscure.

Last edited:
Has it been a gradual decline over the years, or did the general populous just suddenly become total idiots? This whole "meme culture" thing really needs to die already.

I used to like Rick and Morty back in the first season (myself being a Back to the Future fan), but it's just become a giant meme and a part of me cringes every time I see it now.

It's more cringe at the fan base and less at the show itself. It was better when it was obscure.

idk, i found the new season pretty good, but yeah a lot of the fanbase is idiots.

edit: Lick my balls, Mharti!

idk, i found the new season pretty good, but yeah a lot of the fanbase is idiots.

edit: Lick my balls, Mharti!

For me it seems that 20% of the fanbase are people who believe the show is the second coming of the enlightenment even though the philosophy of it is nothing new and the show isn't even as deep as people make it out to be. The other 80% just repost memes about Pickle Rick and "wubalubadubdub" to overhype it.

I tried sitting through a couple of episodes of R&M and man I just couldn't. I don't see the obsession with this show. It's not even funny.

Has it been a gradual decline over the years, or did the general populous just suddenly become total idiots? This whole "meme culture" thing really needs to die already.

No, it's always been this way. Disco music was the popular thing at one point, that should be all I need to prove that point.

Edit: The Pet Rock craze probably is a better example.

Yeah the fan base can be unbelievably pretentious, this video shows the extreme ends of it (language warning):

Like the commentator (IHE) said, don't let the fan base ruin it for you - you watch it because you are interested in it.

I still think the show has been fairly consistent in quality, though I agree season 1 is probably the best. Has some nice easter eggs too (to another favourite show of mine :)).

The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever seen one of these fabled fans. Only ones who just go 'yeah I like the show I recommend it'.

The sauce? Must get all the limited stuff at all costs!!!

Considering the condition of the average old Golf in the U.S., I could see why trading it for a rare sauce would seem like a fair deal.

Considering the condition of the average old Golf in the U.S., I could see why trading it for a rare sauce would seem like a fair deal.

Interestingly you can trade the newer Golfs for a sauce that looks like Szechuan in the laboratory but turns into normal ketchup once you're driving.

Latest Posts

Back