Is an open-world Gran Turismo a possibility? Has it been discussed?

I'm so glad this topic is getting support, I have always thought an open world game with sim type physics would be the greatest thing in gaming history, as it has never been done before to my knowledge. :bowdown:

I'm so glad this topic is getting support, I have always thought an open world game with sim type physics would be the greatest thing in gaming history, as it has never been done before to my knowledge. :bowdown:

20130222112341!Forza_Horizon_boxart.jpg

Perhaps a touch floaty, but still pretty damn close to the Motorsport titles in terms of driving dynamics

20130222112341!Forza_Horizon_boxart.jpg

Perhaps a touch floaty, but still pretty damn close to the Motorsport titles in terms of driving dynamics
Not even close imo... Sorry, to me Forza horizon felt like a much less fun (in terms of driving mechanics) version of nfs without cops.

True, but if the course maker changes they said would be coming actually arrives in a form even closely resembling what they claimed in order to $ell the game (course maker and GPS applet to be specific), then it's somewhat moot. If I can drive around my own chosen circuit (nearby streets, some old horse trail, whatever) with a GPS applet running and record a virtual track, then to a large degree, mission accomplished.

Admittedly, it's not truly "open world", but afaik it's as close as we're going to get.

i would be happy with a world map like the map of euro truck simulator 2. there are alot of really good places for racing (touge) and drift for sure, not to mention the cities and areas offroad. there would be a lot of fun with gt6 physics..
ets2_00063.png
ets2_00064.png

Best simulation like racing game with open world. It`s old but gold:

Latest Posts

Back