Is anyone else disappointed with GT5?

• Thread starter allmoo
  • 2,452 comments
I'd prefer the AI cars to be more competitive. What I mean is, when I select a car for a particular race, the AI cars should be in the same class. Other than that, I love this game!!!

My list of problems

1- choice of cars. 89 skylines. 66 s2000. 54 FTO. Etc. But yet, no new cars anywhere to be seen. Where are the new Audi's, BMW's, Caddy CTRS- V, Buick's, Nissan Sentra, Focus, BMW 850, Jeep's, Pontiac Trans-Am?

2- standard/premium is a bummer.

3- where is the bonnet/hood view?

4- weather on a ridiculously small number of tracks

5- no headlights on standard? Whats that?

6- who cares about watching Boring B spec races again and again? I personnaly do them at night, While i sleep.

7- is it fun to race 8956 times Daytona just to buy some car? No.

8- No mechanical damage on gtlife? Wow that so realistic :S

9- No damage to your car before you hit level 40. ( and 99% of gt5 players Will never hit that level)

10- Almost no restrictions in race régulations in A spec... Yay!! Lets all do those tracks With the Minolta! :S

11- menus are not intuitive and the overall feel is wrong

12- not enough A spec events

13- Can't customize anything.

14- racing mods on not even 10 cars?

15- shadow issues

16- lack of support for some logitech wheels

17- glitches, bugs, shortcuts

18- ugly roof view

19- no dlc yet

20- ai loves to Lose races

Last edited:
I miss gt2 days... I remember buying a pt cruiser for the first event, had to do that race over and over to buy a turbo, and then again and again to add better engine... And boum, finally, i was first.

Then, en route to the second event! But my car was too slow. So i had to grind again the first event to buy a décent car.

That game was hard, but the economy and the sense of progression was very good. So it was very fun griding again and again all those courses.

Now, its all about doing one race, buying a décent car, tune it to the Max... And pass 99% of the game With it, all in an afternoon.

1: Not enough a-spec championships
2: Not enough rounds per championship
3: Online is useless when "You have been disconnected from the server"
4: Menu's are all over the place
5: Generic tractor engine noise when going to paint a car or its wheels etc
6: Standard cars
7: Grinding
8: Lack of being able to Re-Win cars to sell for a profit
9: X2010
10:Too many Japanese cars, Skyline, MX5 etc Where are the Porsches already
11:No livery Editor/Creator
12:No in race saves YET
13:UCD I dont want to wait months to find a specific car ebay works in seconds
14:17 RM cars, Hardly worth the hassle of including it
15:Spa Francorchams, Zolder, Twin Ring Motegi, Silverstone, Why aren't they in the game ???

fredyellowone
My list of problems

1- choice of cars. 89 skylines. 66 s2000. 54 FTO. Etc. But yet, no new cars anywhere to be seen. Where are the new Audi's, BMW's, Caddy CTRS- V, Buick's, Nissan Sentra, Focus, BMW 850, Jeep's, Pontiac Trans-Am?

2- standard/premium is a bummer.

3- where is the bonnet/hood view?

4- weather on a ridiculously small number of tracks

5- no headlights on standard? Whats that?

6- who cares about watching Boring B spec races again and again? I personnaly do them at night, While i sleep.

7- is it fun to race 8956 times Daytona just to buy some car? No.

8- No mechanical damage on gtlife? Wow that so realistic :S

9- No damage to your car before you hit level 40. ( and 99% of gt5 players Will never hit that level)

10- Almost no restrictions in race régulations in A spec... Yay!! Lets all do those tracks With the Minolta! :S

11- menus are not intuitive and the overall feel is wrong

12- not enough A spec events

13- Can't customize anything.

14- racing mods on not even 10 cars?

15- shadow issues

16- lack of support for some logitech wheels

17- glitches, bugs, shortcuts

18- ugly roof view

19- no dlc yet

20- ai loves to Lose races

Haha, thats funny. Good stuff

Whilst it's true that GT5 is not without it's problems I recently bought (and returned the same day) Shift 2. Now there's a game with issues!

You're disappointed??? :confused: I'm the complete opposite, I found out about the problems, but they don't bother me at all. Standard cars. They aren't too bad to be honest, and they still have GT5 physics so I'm happy. Shadow flicker, it's shadows coming through trees, that happens. 2D trees, that isn't a problem. Too much shaking in cockpit at speed, I don't really notice it

Look on the plus side, we now have Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, plus some more of the greatest cars. A cockpit camera, which looks great. Day night cycles, which is probably the best thing PD has ever added, because it works so well (except at Le mans where it's quite sudden). Damage, a reason to not wall ride. A great physics engine, which is so good I don't agree with everyone who is disappointed

For God's sake grow a pair of ballocks! If you don't like the game the doors that way mate --->
No ones forcing you to play GT5. What is it? Does it make you feel better to bitch and moan about it?
I swear I know 5 year olds who bitch and moan less when things aren't perfect.

How did you know which direction my door is in Anyway, I agree with that post

How did you know which direction my door is in Anyway, I agree with that post

Maybe some of us do not like to get $60 stolen from our pockets. Maybe you do?? GT5 is no where near what they advertised it to be. For this reason, I am 100% disappointed with GT5, especially since my saved game file decided to corrupt itself and PD will not take the initiative to fix what they did wrong in the first place.

I'm not disappointed at all but that is because I wasn't expecting too much. To be honest, I'm happy to play such a good game!

You guys complain too much....
And you only paid $60 for the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

60 $ or 60 € as we pay in europe, which are round about 85 $, are a quite high amount of money. We are not paying for a song, movie or other minor stuff. From your comment i suspect that you have maybe a higher income than other people around here.

For 60 $/€ you can expect to get a high quality game.

There seem to be quite a few of these 'are you disappointed in GT5?' type of threads and yet on GameFaqs, it is still 5th or 6th on the message boards for the PS3, almost 5 months after release. If a game were so 'incomplete' and 'disappointing' how is it that it has remained at the forefront of discussions?

GT5 was suppose to have more tracks some tracks like el capitan are also missing from GT4. The game is not very polished but the updates are good :)

It is best sim racing game but obviously there is lot of room for improvement. GT6 or GT6P shouold be released with say only premiums cars or at least all cars with cockpit, more tracks, more game modes, challenges, improved AI, tweaked physics and so on ... more polished game really.

There seem to be quite a few of these 'are you disappointed in GT5?' type of threads and yet on GameFaqs, it is still 5th or 6th on the message boards for the PS3, almost 5 months after release. If a game were so 'incomplete' and 'disappointing' how is it that it has remained at the forefront of discussions?

That's because it was waited for by millions of PS3 owners. It was supposed to be the platform's flagship title. No wonder so many people are disappointed. Compare GT5's Disappointment and Appreciation thread on this website.

To add insult to injury to GT5 owners, the developers of Shift 2 have reportedly/apparently/allegedly swallowed their pride and are interacting with Shift 2 owners in GTPLANET'S Shift subsection. Where's the PD or Sony representative on GT5's section?

You guys complain too much....
And you only paid $60 for the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

well $60 is the regular price, but putting that price for an incomplete/unfinished game like GT5 is insane...if its priced for $40 then thats where it should be...

That's because it was waited for by millions of PS3 owners. It was supposed to be the platform's flagship title. No wonder so many people are disappointed. Compare GT5's Disappointment and Appreciation thread on this website.

To add insult to injury to GT5 owners, the developers of Shift 2 have reportedly/apparently/allegedly swallowed their pride and are interacting with Shift 2 owners in GTPLANET'S Shift subsection. Where's the PD or Sony representative on GT5's section?

My point is that months and months after its release, people are still talking about it. I would have thought if it were a complete flop, hardly anyone would be on discussion boards since generally that's what happens when a game just fades into the background.

JediRage

Yeah were? Maybe because know one speaks english? I don't know.

Stop complaining about the game. You bought it. That's your own fault. I bought the 100$ collectors edition and the game itself is worth every penny I paid for it. Without the extra chrome line cars and book and stuff. I love this game.

mclarendriver
Stop complaining about the game. You bought it. That's your own fault. I bought the 100$ collectors edition and the game itself is worth every penny I paid for it. Without the extra chrome line cars and book and stuff. I love this game.

So do i. But with a little extra content, it would be what everyone expected, and not much people would be complaining.

I absolutely love how people come into the only thread where it's 100% okay to complain, and then complain about the complaining.

You're absolutely right. Let's all just take things lying down and not complain about anything, even totally legitamate issues.

I'm Just saying its funny to complain about you knew was going to have issues. That's why there where do many delays. I couldn't be happier that we have the game right now anyway.

Back