Is Boflex worth it?

anyone have this or know of someone that does? it looks like it is a good peice of equipment im thinking of getting it, according to the infomercial you can work out every part of your body.

Wow. I think i'll call you a fruitcake now, with a picture :D :
fruitcake.jpg

To think that you've already bought one that doesnt work, and you wanna buy another one... how foolish

Actually, guys, it's the "Bowflex", and I really wanted one myself until I started searching for third-party reviews of it on the Internet. Most people weren't happy, and free weights will give you a much better workout for your time and energy.

reason i thought the "Bowflex" was better (lol :D i knew i spelt it wrong) was the fact that they said during bench press you have to use your "stabilizer muscles" which you never use during regular bench press, other reason is you can work out your upper and lower back, i cant do that with any of my equipment i have right now.

Ya, the 2 biggest problems I can see with the bowflex is:

1) No negative resistance - on the "upstroke" of your benchpress, obviously, you've got lots of resistance - since you are fighting the big bows... But on the way back down, you have no resistance. With weights, you have to work twice as hard - upstroke and then on the downstroke (unless you cheat and let gravity take over)

2) The need to use "stabalizer" muscles - you'd expend more energy than was necessary just trying to hold your arms steady.

So, in a nutshell, you'd have to work out at least twice as hard with the Bowflex, 'cause of the lack of resistance, and the wasted energy.

Back