Is GT5 Dying?

Is GT5 Dying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain me here WHAT IS EXP. points after 40 lvl. Enduarance races FOR?
Wasn't GT5 a corpse on release day?
I like GT5, but what PD did with Kaz idea IS nothing but a grave for a good game since day ONE. May be Kaz simply didn't have chance to test the final product, thus his team used this advantage to make the game what we see now.
Look what is going on in GT5 Community:
1.We create our own race series.
2.We create our own DriftEvents
3.We create our own Drag events
4.We search for REAL lap times from real life and try to beat them ingame, trying to find correct tires and so on.
5.We take factory cars and cruise around tracks just because there is NOTHING left to challenge us.
We make GT5 game interesting and challenging by OURSELVES rather than game was supposed to be made that way for us.
IS GT5 Dying? No. The interest IS dying, not the game. Dead cannot die twice.

I get what you're saying, we've got a platform to make what we want of it through networking and I agree.

Not for me anyway, had it since release and it's still my most played game, even more than Skyrim which I've had since June.

Lack of competition (on the PS3 at least) does not automatically make GT5 "awesome".

This I do have an opinion on, which also brings Forza into the equation. I don't believe Forza is direct competition, yet draws comparisons anyway. I've read articles that compare F1 2012 to GT5, so regardless of apples to apples, GT5 gets thrown into just about every driving sim comparison anyway. Since that's the case, every driving game seems to be competition, even those on PCs and smart phones.

Perhaps this will be another topic for a future episode.

I must admit, polling results are a lot closer than I anticipated here. Thanks to everyone for participating.

Shift 2 is really the closest thing GT5 has to apple to apple comparison...

...and it sucked.
The steering lag made it impossible to play for lots and lots of players, me included, who asked for a refund.

And I must say, after my awful experience with that 🤬 game, I remembered GT5's qualities, so it gained a new life for me. And since I had learned more about tuning with PC sims, I'm now having a lot of fun tuning and driving cars on GT5 again. true_story.jpg

...and it sucked.
The steering lag made it impossible to play for lots and lots of players, me included, who asked for a refund.

And I must say, after my awful experience with that 🤬 game, I remembered GT5's qualities, so it gained a new life for me. And since I had learned more about tuning with PC sims, I'm now having a lot of fun tuning and driving cars on GT5 again. true_story.jpg

With that in mind, do you feel GT5 is dying for you, i.e. are we near the end of it's support/life cycle, or do you think we've still got plenty of time left for more Seasonals, updates, and maybe a DLC or 2?

This I do have an opinion on, which also brings Forza into the equation. I don't believe Forza is direct competition, yet draws comparisons anyway. I've read articles that compare F1 2012 to GT5, so regardless of apples to apples, GT5 gets thrown into just about every driving sim comparison anyway. Since that's the case, every driving game seems to be competition, even those on PCs and smart phones.

Perhaps this will be another topic for a future episode.

How does Codemasters F1 201* compare to GT5? Worth buying?

Polsixe

I haven't tried it, but those that I've talked to have had mixed reviews. One said it was unnaturally controlled, like aids are always on.

I've played the F1 2012 demo, and it showed promise. It was MUCH more in-depth and realistic than GT is, but at the same time is limited to F1 cars.

Looks like about 50,000 doing the latest seasonals, but 125,000 or more back in July. Not many out of 7,000,000 unit sales. That's about 1/140 sales still playing regularly. Is that desd or dying? Who knows the industry benchmarks. GT5 seem to have provided extremely good hours per $ ratio.

Looks like about 50,000 doing the latest seasonals, but 125,000 or more back in July. Not many out of 7,000,000 unit sales. That's about 1/140 sales still playing regularly. Is that desd or dying? Who knows the industry benchmarks. GT5 seem to have provided extremely good hours per $ ratio.

I play GT5 all the time but I NEVER do the seasonals anymore. Don't use that as a point of interest.

:lol: Ridiculous question.

F1 2012 offers no customization, limited numbers of tracks, and none of the following: Rally, drift, touring cars etc.

Sure, it seems like a good sim, but, only if you've got a wheel, and don't mind only having 12 cars and 19 tracks.

Now, compare that with GT5. It's ridiculous that people think that GT5 is dying.

Seriously, rFactor barely offers more. But, rFactor's community doesn't do as much as GT5's community.

I've never heard of rally or drifting in rFactor, & definitely not in iRacing.

For the fans of everything on four-wheels, GT5 is still best.

F1 2012 offers more F1, rFactor offers more modded series, & iRacing [tries to] offer the most clean, realistic racing... But not rally, drifting, touring cars, karts, & Formula series, like GT5. There isn't really another game that does.

machschnel
Just in case anyone had any doubts, MrMelancholy has just revealed the true level of his stupidity

That's not needed. Comments like that discredit anything else that might be added later. Please, stop.

It's okay to disagree, but calling someone stupid for having an opinion won't be tolerated.

MrMelancholy15
For the fans of everything on four-wheels, GT5 is still best.

Not to me.

F1 2012 offers more F1, rFactor offers more modded series, & iRacing [tries to] offer the most clean, realistic racing... But not rally, drifting, touring cars, karts, & Formula series, like GT5. There isn't really another game that does.

GT5 may have those things but most of the time, they're such shallow experiences that it doesn't add much for the overall game.

The thing with GT5 is that you can race all of those together. You can race a DAKAR car against a formula car and have a DTC somewhere in the middle, with a kart and a Honda Civic in the back. You can have a race of 12 JGTC cars, and have them all get beaten by the two Can-Am cars up front. For crying out laud you can race an FIA GT1 race car against a Citroen 2CV! What other game can do that?

Polsixe

The seasonal trials do obviously not reveal the actual number of people still playing the game but the numbers you posted (if correct) could provide an indication of the average decrease of players. I for one have stayed away from the trials since I discovered a bug which causes an imbalance between mileage driven and wear on the cars used for the trials. Most of my PSN friends who play GT5 regularly do not bother with them either but I don't know their reasons. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.

gamerdog6482
The thing with GT5 is that you can race all of those together. You can race a DAKAR car against a formula car and have a DTC somewhere in the middle, with a kart and a Honda Civic in the back. You can have a race of 12 JGTC cars, and have them all get beaten by the two Can-Am cars up front. For crying out laud you can race an FIA GT1 race car against a Citroen 2CV! What other game can do that?

How does this benefit people who want to race seriously?

:dunce: Why? :odd:

Why not organise online races with specific cars, etc.? Why not run a race with the Lancer Evo X against the Subaru Impreza sedan '10, with tuning restricted, online?

Why not use online PP restrictions?

It doesn't happen in A-Spec, unless you choose to.

Lastly, F1 cars & Karts are restricted, now, so that only F1 cars can race against F1 cars, & only Karts can run against karts.

Clutching at straws are we? Echoing what MuoNiuLa said, how is this beneficial? Sure it's a unique feature, but that doesn't mean it's automatically good.

Because they don't work.

The only way to ensure a completely fair race is for everyone to race with the exact same car. If you're really keen, a LAN connection would also be required for true parity.

Not everyone lives in Sydney. Canada's full of air, but no one lives here. We are twice as tranquil as Switzerland. :lol: The LAN thing only works if there are enough people in your area..

Not everyone lives in Sydney. Canada's full of air, but no one lives here. We are twice as tranquil as Switzerland. :lol: The LAN thing only works if there are enough people in your area..

You're correct, LAN's are extremely impractical. However, there is a good reason why all the major competitive Starcraft, Street Fighter etc competitions use LAN connections

Actually you know what? The premise of this question is fundamentally flawed, because the yes/no poll answers do not mean anything. There's nothing to be concluded or gained from it, all it says now is that *looks up* of 187 people, 106 think its 'dying' while 81 think its not, but the opinions on the yes and no answers range massively, my 'yes' answer is completely different to someone else’s yes answer.

Possibly a less broad question, with more answers would bring about better discussion, as it stands this is just degenerating into 'GT5 is great' or 'no, GT5 isn't that great' and even people who think its completely broken or completely perfect.

My answer earlier on, in summary says, 'it needs more support', and more importantly, the allocation of that support should be turned much further away from GTA and toward way more productive and broader impacting endeavours, improving the game as a whole as well as adding more content is the best way to keep this game 'living' longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back