Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velocity
  • 120 comments
  • 6,860 views
Messages
174
Am I the only one who bought GT4 to get their hands on the old muscle cars? Sure I like the NSX's and ZZ2's as much as the next guy but come on! The chance to drive pieces of history is awesome! I love being able to run the best of the '60s against the *cough* average of the new millenia. Yes even I admit that todays exotics are far and away above the old school in terms of efficiency and handling.

But with some tasty mods and some lightening my personal favorite, the Charger, can give any viper/skyline owner reason for self doubt. Well except for the race versions of course.

Anyone else diggin' the oldies? If so which ones?

I'm on a mission to complete as many races as humanly possible with my Charger.
So far she's not letting me down. It's a trip to drive around Nurumburg in! Any car is a trip on that track!
 
I did it in my stingray .... It was one of the funniest times I had on that course..

Of course the only other cars I've driven on that course was my M Coupe I kept messing up on it though..M3gtr beat me by a lil bit (cause of my errors) and i was simply out gunned by the M5's brute force... Still thought my Stingray felt really good one that course...

I like the classics.. I think some look and perform dang good for their age (30-40 year old cars).. My wife loves musle cars so she digs the old stangs and vettes too.
 
I beat my friend around the ring in my modded out chevelle. He was so assured that his beloved M3 would beat me, that he used a stock one. I was able to get a lead on the straight sections, but in the twisties he was able to catch up. I was riding his bumper on to the back straight and I blew past him.
 
That's one of the reasons I'm getting the game, as I have no chance of owning one (Living in the UK + Petrol prices + Incredibly poor fuel efficiency + Lack of money) :(
 
i love my 64 GTO was my 2nd car :) im at 25% and it has done most of my races
 
ive done quite a few races in a modded mercury couger

love the car... issso sexehh :D
 
I started the Ring in a Shelby ... got about three corners before I realized that was a bad idea. I need to buy / win one so I can slap some tuning on it and make it fun.
 
I think of having "older" cars as a great side-project no doubt me and some friends are gonna test todays Pacific muscle against Old American Power..sounds fun

(when GT4 comes out here, that is lol.)
 
with the right tuning pure US muscle will kill most imports .... or tuner cars
 
With the right tuning the TVR's ill kill anything else.
 
I have the Mercury Cougar XR-7 and the Plymouth Super Bird to thank for helping me get on my feet when I started this game 👍
 
I was looking foward to driving the Corvette Stingray. Its a great car but I was dissapointed by the engine sound, it sounded like a JTGC or rally car or something, not a muscle car. Then I got a Shelby Cobra and was in heaven, I love this car. They should have made the other muscle cars sound like the Cobra, it sounds awesome! 👍
 
I cant believe there isnt a single fox bodied mustang in GT4!


But yeah, the overabundance of NSX, Skyline, Civics, and s2000 is a bit annoying.
 
Hell yeah the muscle cars are great. I was hoping to see an early nova but the chevelle is good enough for me.
 
My Shelby Cobra is owning right now on B-spec.

But yeah, it's just you. :D If they had no american classics at all, I would still by the game. :)👍

Heh, still love 'em on most days though. Being a Ford guy, I've spent the last 3 years babysitting a restored '68 Shelby GT500 KR 'vert to make sure it doesn't get fingerprinted by some lookie-lou. So personally, I'm sick of classic Mustangs, and I've never been a fan of GM. Well, 'cept that black Camar-slo in "better off dead"... That car was pretty cool for a Chevy.
 
It's the variety in GT4 that makes it so special, everything from the Ford Model T to the Plymouth Superbird to the Bentley Speed 8, it's fanbloodytastic.
 
Fragmatic
That's one of the reasons I'm getting the game, as I have no chance of owning one (Living in the UK + Petrol prices + Incredibly poor fuel efficiency + Lack of money) :(

Same reason here, except for me it's the Mercedes SLR McLaren and it's mostly due to lack of money ;).

I definitely love the game's ability to "test drive" different vehicles. However, don't get me wrong--I enjoy classic cars and the way they look--I am less impressed with the way they drive.... oh, well, at least GT4 has something for everyone :).
 
I'm really enjoying the superbird. It sounds great. The muscle cars aren't my primary purpose for buying the game, but they are a very enjoyable part of the game.
 
Im really looking forward to the muscle aswell. Being from UK, not like im ever really going to get to really own one, and they're just so pure and no nonsense. Sure they're weighty and handle like a bar of soap on ice, but they look fantastic, ad they handle like a bar of soap on ice, the drift, its fantastic. And they sound just as good. roll on tomorrow(hopefully delivered early, has been despatched, first class and all, come on royal mail)
 
I respect muscle cars for what they are and I like them for what they are, but I'd never choose one over a proper British sportscar like a Marcos or TVR.
 
Wrc7
I was looking foward to driving the Corvette Stingray. Its a great car but I was dissapointed by the engine sound, it sounded like a JTGC or rally car or something, not a muscle car. Then I got a Shelby Cobra and was in heaven, I love this car. They should have made the other muscle cars sound like the Cobra, it sounds awesome! 👍

Yeah I agree for the most part... Mine is SC'd (my stinger) do you know if it sounds different with it N/A?

I was gonna buy a cobra but I decided that that would be down the road seeing that they are so expensive.. I'd rather get a whole collection of muscle cars and mod then to a decent degree then just buy one Shelby Cobra....

I still love the way my Ray handles though..Fills damn good for an older car.
 
well no thats true, actually, this is quite tough. Im kind of torn between a plymouth 'cuda (440 hemi obviously) or a TVR. I think to actually own, a TVR, despite all it may say about me(mid life crisis?, although given that im 18, thats unlikely to matter for a bit)

live4speed, thought u might be interested to know that my step dad part owns mole valley TVR, a dealership based in somewhere ive forgotten. thought it might earn me some kudos lol
 
It does earn you plenty of kudos, in my book anyway ;).
 
lol, then i rest tonight a happy man
 
Im absolutely all about the muscle cars in GT4! Especially the 71' Super Bee because I own a 73' Charger, and they are the same body style as the 71'. Well, it is'nt exactly mine, but me, my dad, and brother restored it. It has won several awards, including a best of show and a very elite Best Paint, in show with over 500 cars! Thought you might like to see it Velocity, since you like Chargers.👍 👍 👍
 

Attachments

  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 55
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 44
Is it that dealer in Chessington? They do a few other cars there like the Nobles, AC's and Marcos's but they are an official TVR dealer right.
 
i dont mind the muscle cars but they are no tteh best...they have horrible turning and are really only used for a few races...and tahts fine but why waste the money just to drive one when there are plenty otehr faster and better cars on the game
 
Believe so yeh, they've definately been selling a few nobles recently, when they sponsored one of the tuscans in the old racing series, thir colours were green and purple (niiiiice).

Few weeks ago, they had someone out test driving a brand new (as in just replaced their last demonstrator) t350, and cleverly this genius got a bit over excited coming off a roundabout, long story short, he got a bit personal with the central reservation. Conclusion? £35000 worth of damage. Wonderful. Some people eh? No respect

And devilman, if it were all about the best and fastest cars, we'd all race the formula gran turismo as soon as we got it, for ever more. I think the muscle cars are just a fun way to pass a lot of time.
 
Well that kudos counter has just gone up a bit more, that Tuscan I believe won the series too. I wouldv'e been more than willing to take that car off them for free and cost the 35k rather than the smash it up and cost them 35k, that wouldve been a better option :).

And amen to that last sentence.
 
Back