Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velocity
  • 120 comments
  • 6,860 views
i got to go to a sort of owners track day at my local track too, all tvr's, at Thurleigh aerodrome if anyone knows it (im guessing no). The sounds on that day, so many AJP8s. That engine in the cerbera, its musical. Being as we british are friendly folk too, i managed to get a ride or two in a couple of choice wagons aswell, a somewhat garish but awesome yellow cerbera complete with silly new exhaust, and a tuscan speed six with a completely blueprinted engine. Best ride of the day was in one of those 'old' tuscan race cars though. The braking was staggering, and the grip, and the acceleration was just funny, seeing these monstrous blackpool rockets just get sucked up by that tuscan. An interesting point, they run it so low, that the arches regularly take chunks out of the tyres on the front.

Apologes to everyone else for the off topic element.
 
Thats something I'd love to go to one day a show like that, anyhow I think werewhoring this topic a little now and I'm up early tomorrow so adios amigo's.
 
440 CHARGER
Im absolutely all about the muscle cars in GT4! Especially the 71' Super Bee because I own a 73' Charger, and they are the same body style as the 71'. Well, it is'nt exactly mine, but me, my dad, and brother restored it. It has won several awards, including a best of show and a very elite Best Paint, in show with over 500 cars! Thought you might like to see it Velocity, since you like Chargers.👍 👍 👍

I gotta say i much prefered the old american styling, i can look at muscle cars and say they look pretty sexy in there own meat-headed kinda way, American cars these day im sorry to say have lost all of that beauty and replaced chrome with horrible chunks of cheap plastic 👎

look at this pic
807.jpg

can i have a big hell no
 
Tatanko
Oh yeah...I'm def. loving the 'Cuda 440 :D

Could someone compile a list of all the muscle cars in gt4? id really like to know whats gonna be on offer
 
AaronATX
I cant believe there isnt a single fox bodied mustang in GT4!


But yeah, the overabundance of NSX, Skyline, Civics, and s2000 is a bit annoying.

Ford used the fox-body platform since the mid 70's... And I hate to tell ya this! But the Ford Cobra Mustang is a fox-body. It has a wonderful engine in a silly out dated over powerd chassie... The new Mustang GT is the newst chassie for Mustangs, for the last 25+ years! Ford finaly got with it 👍
 
new stangs are junk mid 70s and up ..... i would have loved to se an early 80s hatchback cause i got one but i would never use it as they are crap unless you got one with a 302 or custom engine ....


i got a 502 caddy engine im try'n to fit in mine .... :scared:

and the old stangs were called fastbacks.... i got a 1967 GT350 fastback down the road from me just rott'n away in some guys yard ... he claims hes restore'n it lol but it looks like it hasnt moved in 10 years
 
Derpp
Ford used the fox-body platform since the mid 70's... And I hate to tell ya this! But the Ford Cobra Mustang is a fox-body. It has a wonderful engine in a silly out dated over powerd chassie... The new Mustang GT is the newst chassie for Mustangs, for the last 25+ years! Ford finaly got with it 👍

The Ford Mustang Cobra in the game is built on the SN95 platform. They all were, starting in 1994.
 
I love all the old muscle cars. I cant wait to get a GT 350 and set it up for track use, ie new suspension, brakes, lightened and maybe a fine engine tune. Then my bro can try and beat me with something he has done the same to, most likely a Charger or Camaro SS. Will be so much fun on the network, racing round the Nurb, on seperate Widescreen TVs and a DFP each......Roll on Wednesday!!!

I think of TVR's as modern day muscle cars, I mean the engine sound alone make them a muscle car. Would you class the Jenson Intercepter as a muscle car?
 
You see that new Camero above.........I WANT ONE!!!!! :drool:
 
I think It looks a heck of a lot better then the ones that are out now. 👍 :sly:

The only thing I don't really like about that car is the crazy big grill.. Same goes for bimmers .. The cars look dang good but chrome (or anything that looks like it) doesn't appeal to me.. Makes the car look cheap IMO... At least make the grills black or something dark so you can't really notice it though... I think that'll look 10x's better.. Still wouldn't mind that car (Camero) though.. Looks a lot shorter and wider.

WIDER=BETTER :)
 
AaronATX
I cant believe there isnt a single fox bodied mustang in GT4!


But yeah, the overabundance of NSX, Skyline, Civics, and S2000 is a bit annoying.


BLASPHEME! You will die soon.
 
It would be great to start a thread of photomode pictures of this cars, so everybody could choose their favorite cars and post pictures of it. :)
 
Shure
I love all the old muscle cars. I cant wait to get a GT 350 and set it up for track use, ie new suspension, brakes, lightened and maybe a fine engine tune. Then my bro can try and beat me with something he has done the same to, most likely a Charger or Camaro SS. Will be so much fun on the network, racing round the Nurb, on seperate Widescreen TVs and a DFP each......Roll on Wednesday!!!

I think of TVR's as modern day muscle cars, I mean the engine sound alone make them a muscle car. Would you class the Jenson Intercepter as a muscle car?

Of course the Jensen is a muscle car! one thing I can´t understand though is why they included the Interceptor but not the FF, I mean four wheel drive and anti lock brakes in a car in the sixties? That should be a car in the true GT spirit!

You´re right about the TVR´s too!
 
G25RJ
It would be great to start a thread of photomode pictures of this cars, so everybody could choose their favorite cars and post pictures of it. :)


I would if I knew how to get the pictures from my PS2 to my computer or my DIGI..


I don't have the net at home so I'd have to be able to put them on my DIGI.. *Shrugs*
 
I know what you mean :( , I’m still waiting for my USB Pen to start my photo spree!!
 
ONYX S-13
New camero

camero1.jpg


ca.jpg


That is ugly as hell. Looks like Chevy tried to pull of what Ford did with the Mustang. Ford did a hell of a lot better job though. The 69 is my favorite Camaro and chevy just butchered it.
 
Being a true di-hard American muscle car fan (I live just outside the Moter-city itself, Detroit!), I really enjoy using the Detroit iron (when I can) to beat up on all the imports in this game. I share, though, the frustration of browsing through the used cars to find one or two US cars and 20 civics, etc. Please put more American classics in GT5!!!
I did, however, realize by reading through these forums that my fellow car-nut brothren from overseas do the very same with their domestic cars. Just as I sit in my office and stare (lusting) at my muscle car posters of cameros and chevelles, alot of you from different countries are doing the same- lusting at posters of NSXs' and the like. We are all the same and it's a beautiful thing.
This brings me to my point: I'm going back to my TV now and smoke you imports all night long. :)
 
I've found that my 64 GTO (of which I used to own one IRL, got totalled by, ironically, my other favorite kind of car, a 1st gen RX 7, which I also own) is quite a good car. They got the handling and whatnot pretty close to the real thing. 'Tis my rallye car, along with my RAM.
 
dam i cant wait to race and smoke you fools on gt online.
 
here are a couple of my Camaros in the game... the '97 being my favorite since I own one :)





















 
I'm a muscle noob, but do they really handle that well? I mean 80's 70's and 60's technology was probably very poor compared to today's technology.
 
Well if you've got the bucks in the game to spend on some suspension mods etc. itt should be fairly competitive against newer cars without any suspension mods etc. ?
 
In GT2, the only competitive Muscle Car was the Shelby GT350 ... I don't have GT4, so I can't comment on the cars in that ...

Oh, and it's spelled CamAro ...
 
Jmac279
In GT2, the only competitive Muscle Car was the Shelby GT350 ... I don't have GT4, so I can't comment on the cars in that ...

Oh, and it's spelled CamAro ...

Yes, Thankyou for clearing that up Jmac279! I was getting ready to post the same thing, but you beat me to it! Some of you are getting it right, but the others, come on...
 
Back