Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velocity
  • 120 comments
  • 6,860 views
JohnBM01
When I play-tested GT4, I didn't try out any American muscle cars. I did race the Viper (if you consider it a muscle car) around New York. Damn, man. That Viper is killer. I think the pinnacle of American muscle cars in racing has to be Trans-Am. I don't know the deal too well, but who can forget seeing Boss Mustangs, Challengers, and such owning the tracks of America? Today's Trans-Am are still mostly American machinery with wonderful engine noise, close to Australian V8 Supercar sounds. The last old American machine that I got in and enjoyed was the Shelby Cobra (GT3). I know I been chatting about racing a Shelby Cobra with the top down on the beautiful Costa di Amalfi course. And guess what? I still cannot wait. Okay, so it isn't American muscle tearing up America, but the muscle and pony cars shouldn't disappoint.

Of course, if you want America vs. British, just play GT1's "US vs. UK" series.

Oh the Viper is definetley a muscle car, Dodge terms it so. I love 'em too. Especially the new SRT-10. They straightened the lines out wonderfully!
It was #3 on my list of "To get" cars.

I have to admit though I'm a bit dissapointed with how the Concept Viper handles in the game. I'm sure I just have to figure out the proper suspension settings but to me it seems the car doesn't track around corners very evenly.

Got my butt whooped in the Professional Hall Gran Turismo race series. By about three or four laps in on R246 I was about 30 seconds behind first place! And that was with 900 + HP. It's gonna take a serious car to fend off the 787 and R390.

I know I know, like we didn't already know that!
 
Back