Is it released in the US?

Hmm I might just go that route. I actually have up to 150k now so I should be golden.

I cant believe I just lost an online race by 2/100 of a second! I was coming up on the final apex at High Speed in 2nd place, cut inside of the leader cleanly, but upon exit he gave me a little nudge, and that was just enough to keep me from blowing by him. I JUST WANT TO GET THAT FIRST WIN! :ouch:

2/100 of a second is a massive gap. Wait until it drops to a thousandth of a second. I've won and lost races like that.

I have G25, but clutch does not work. I can shift gear without use of clutch. Anyone got clutch to work?

Press triangle after the race starts

I got a play briefly for 30 minutes before I went to class.
I started off with the DC5. havent gone online as I need to brush up my skills and get used to driving RHD :sly:

First two races I came in 6th in arcade. Third race and after all 1st

so far i am very disappointed. aside from a little difference in physics nothing is really any different. the AI rams you off your line and shunts you. some of the tracks, (daytona and high speed specifically) look just as silly and cartoony as the pics i had seen prior. oh well.

Got my copy at GameStop last night. To rehash how bad GameStops are around here; when I went in and asked for it the guy said, "For the Playstation 3 or another system?" I just said, "Uh, yeah, the PS3 :rolleyes:"

Anyway, I got home, installed it and updated with only one error, but it took a while on my 1mb line. Then as it started up I was in awe. I then watched Beyond the apex. After that I assigned onboard telemetry buttons to my DFP.

OK, now all of that out of the way and my home screen is telling me I need to buy a car (perhaps it should have just said, "Get a Cappuccino so you can do all of C class").

Anyway, I decide that for me to truly test this game compared to reality I must get the only car in the game that I have actually driven. I own a MkV Golf/Rabbit and test drive GTIs whenever I have my car in at the dealer. So, MkV GTI it is. I even got it in the same color as my car, midnight blue.

For reference:
normal_DSCF0535.JPG

Same color, just in a GTI model.

I take it to arcade and run a Time Trial on Daytona Super Speedway just to get a feel for the DFP and the new physics. I am now ranked 7th on the MkV GTI Daytona Super Speedway Professional physics leaderboards (or was last night). So, feel free to watch my replay.

The first thing I noticed was the engine sound. It wasn't perfect, but it was very close. Then during a replay I switched it to the cockpit view and began to really look around now that I wasn't driving. Dials all in the right place? Check. A pillars at the right angles? Check. Six speaker system visible where appropriate? Check. Vents? Check. Door latch? Check. Door locks? Check. Stereo buttons? Check? Even the vertical facing vent on top of the dash? Check. Rear window defroster wires? The exact same pattern. Check.

Then it is time to take it into a race with turns. So I do an arcade race in High Speed Ring. Things were very close, but not quite. I bring up the onboard telemetry and find ABS defaulted at 1. Turn it off. Next turn I lock the brakes, over correct and start to slide. My wife hears me yell, "That's it!" and asks why I am excited that I just lost myself the race. I explain that after getting the ABS off the car feels nearly exact to mine, even in the slide.

After losing the race because my experimentation incident put me in an unrecoverable position I then go to the Events. I do everything in C Class that doesn't require a Cappuccino. During this I found that, yes, this is just like my car in handling. On Eiger I spun my tires slightly in a turn and it even made the slight chuffing noise with a hint of squeak. And when you get airborne on Eiger and then slam down the only sound missing was my tool box bouncing around in the cargo space (new speed hump installed by work overnight and didn't have anything marking it, so I hit it fast. I know the sound of landing hard on my suspension). So after completing all the C-Class events I could I concluded that this game was well worth the $40.

I then went and bought a Cappuccino and then saved out as it was approaching midnight. I was already seeing my driving getting less precise due to sleepiness, and I have to work today.

I plan to at least complete C through A classes before going online.

But after driving the virtual version of a slightly more powerful model of my car I can say this is the most realistic driving simulation I have played.

Where can you turn off ABS? I haven't found a menu where you can do that... or is it a wheel only thing? In that case, I have a old school Driving Force. :D

Where can you turn off ABS? I haven't found a menu where you can do that... or is it a wheel only thing? In that case, I have a old school Driving Force. :D
You can remap the buttons on your wheel to do the onboard telemetry.

Has it really been 4 years since I put some coin down on a GT game?

picture067wb8.jpg

Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing?

picture072ln5.jpg

YES....It is a new dawn in HD gameplay!

picture073sj7.jpg

So let the EPIC battle between GOOD....

picture079kl0.jpg

And EVIL begin...

picture076hi9.jpg

Yes...this is my alter ego.

And I am a super dork...thank you very much!

Yes...this is my alter ego.

And I am a super dork...thank you very much!
You said it, not me.

No wheel? And do you really sit on a coffee table to do all your gaming? That looks uncomfortable.

No wheel? And do you really sit on a coffee table to do all your gaming? That looks uncomfortable.

Wheels….bah…who needs a crappy wheel? Only a real man has good stick control.

And no that’s no my normal gaming position. That’s just my vogue spot for ya’ll. My rump is usually planted comfortably on the sofa.

Should we get you some handle bars?

And some training wheels while your at it. :dopey:

Seriously though I have this weird thing with getting started with a wheel and then getting hooked on it. If I were to go to a friends house and play I would have to drag it with me or I would have to use the "well If I had a wheel I could kick your....". I'm safe with the controller and It did well enough for me to finish all but M34 on GT4.

funny, what kind of bike do you have? I have a cbr

These are my babies

What year, model and size for your CBR? In the past I have had an 98' CBR F3 and then a 01' CBR F4i.

Might I suggest our Motorcycles forum to further this discussion? :)

OOOO....BURN....I know where I am wanted
scooterut4.gif

By the way, the outfit is stunning there UnoMOTO. :D

I needed to really feel 'in the moment'. The excitement of it all makes me do things. And yet I give my wife just one more reason to say that she is raising three kids and not two.

This is my wife looking at me --->
headshakevm1.gif

OOOO....BURN....I know where I am wanted
scooterut4.gif

I needed to really feel 'in the moment'. The excitement of it all makes me do things. And yet I give my wife just one more reason to say that she is raising three kids and not two.

This is my wife looking at me --->
headshakevm1.gif

:D My wife can relate all to well.

:D My wife can relate all to well.
Here was my situation last night at about 10:45 PM:

Me: Hon, look at this! They even have the vertical vent in the center of the dash! And look, the defroster wires are even the exact same pattern. And if I look to the sides the side mirrors are even the exact same! Even the stereo buttons are perfect........You just want to go to bed don't you?

Her: Uh-huh.

Me: Ok, I'll be right here for a while.

Her: :rolleyes:

So I can't turn off ABS if I don't have a wheel?

You can remap any of the buttons on the controller or wheel.

BTW, UPS just showed up with my copy of GT5:Prologue. Installing now...

See you all sometime next week at the earliest.

;)

went to futureshop today during my lunch break from school and was very surprised they still had a few copies of the game left....

I must say.....the game is AMAZING!!! =D
I think i no what it feels like to be in love...

what car are you guys using in A-class? I only have $130,000 credits, a GT-R and a few others. I can't afford both a F430 and a M3 so how do I finish A Class? lol

You need the F430 ,M3 and I used the Ford GT for the Muscle car races.

I brought the F430 first and kept doing the same races over and over to earn the cash for the other cars needed.

If you can get gold on the one lap magic it's a quicker money maker. But it is a pretty tough event

I found the easiest way to get money to buy the cars needed to beat A class was to run the 1 lap event in C class at daytona with the Honda Integra.

Its easy and only takes a little over a minute to earn 7,500 credits but is also mind numbingly boring because you have to do it over and over and over and over and over

Next fastest way to earn money is to race online in the Pro 700pp races. 45,000 credits to the winner

Back