is it worth 40 usd ....

• Thread starter frestkd
  • 150 comments
So its your opinion. Those guys work night and day so that people like you will complain about one simple fee?

I disagree, It is a great game and prduct, and worth every penny. I think its worth more then that.

So its your opinion. Those guys work night and day so that people like you will complain about one simple fee?

I disagree, It is a great game and prduct, and worth every penny. I think its worth more then that.

I agree with Jag completely, PD spent big bucks to develop Prologue. Just wait for price of full GT5 to be maybe double or triple. NEW STANDARD carries high price. What an immature thread from some punk-@$$ 'un-enthusiast' who probably doesn't own a copy anyway.

im pretty sure that prologue would not be coming to the US if not for internet forums such as these. we didnt get gt4p and i dont know what, other than reading message board posts by a bunch of fanboys, (ie, us) PD would have felt it logical to bring gt5p here.

you guys are a bunch of fanboys :lol:

as much as im a huge fan of the series, i think he has a point - it's a little ridiculous to be charging almost FULL PRICE for a prequel thats represents about 20% of the full game's content. think about it

It is going towards the development of GT5, and it is basically a beta for new features. I am willing to spend a little for it.

as much as im a huge fan of the series, i think he has a point - it's a little ridiculous to be charging almost FULL PRICE for a prequel thats represents about 20% of the full game's content. think about it

Do you actually own a copy to base your opinion on? I DO! Damn right we're (I'm) fanboys, GTPLANET, get it?👎

But thats your opinion. Even if you think that it's just a portion of the full game the way I see it gt5p could very well be worth OUR money (additional features/cars etc). But to be honest with you some of us FANBOYS just can't wait for the full game hence we buy this prequel.

$40? I paid $69.90usd to import it FedEx. Money well spent for my entertainment. I'll buy it again when it lands here. Expensive? I thought it was a bargain. It's a billion dollar franchise and Sony/PD expect to get paid. As long as they are sellin', I'm buyin'. And playin' online FREE when server cranks up in US.

But thats your opinion. Even if you think that it's just a portion of the full game the way I see it gt5p could very well be worth OUR money (additional features/cars etc). But to be honest with you some of us FANBOYS just can't wait for the full game hence we buy this prequel.

no, it's a FACT that they're overcharging for this small portion of the full game, however, whether the entertainment is WORTH its monetary value for a fan, thats a different question :lol:

i would be buying it too if i werent so busy with school :(

no, it's a FACT that they're overcharging for this small portion of the full game, however, whether the entertainment is WORTH its monetary value for a fan, thats a different question :lol:

FACT? Back that up. And if you ain't got IT, shut up...Aight?

To try and argue your point in less blunt terms than mustang245, let me get this across. We can't just consider game content when talking about pricing. If GT5 costs sixty dollars like all other PS3 titles, and pricing were based on content, Prologue would cost, oh, five to eight dollars. But what you and damn near everyone else is failing to take into account is production costs. Discs and boxes need to be made, there are bills to pay for running the equipment, shipping needs to be dealt with, and then there's all the technology that PD use to make the content. People need to realize there's a breathing, living, working business on the other end of this deal and not just some guy waving a magic wand.

You say "20% of a full game" but compare those 20% which are like 90% of most cars game so :P

Though development crew is twice the size of GT4, the "workload has quadrupled" said Yamauchi. (Official Playstation Magazine, holiday '07). The program code is "all NEW", from the ground up. The temp-controlled 'server room' is home to one of the most sophisticated server architectures in Japan. To the point that it's used by other companies to test network issues. They spare no expense. It shows. Prologue is worth $40. Stay in school.

You say "20% of a full game" but compare those 20% which are like 90% of most cars game so :P

Considering the amount of content that Prologue will have he's points are valid (10-20% game =/= 60% the price). Let's just agree to disagree. Though the fact still remains that no one is forcing people to buy GT5P, it's not a requirement to play the full game. Feel being ripped off? then wait.

As for the rest of us, let's ENJOYZ our purchase!! F40/512BB DAYUM!!

I compare 2 things $$$ vs. time playing:

GT5 Prologue 30-40 €$, playing everyday since japan released date.

For example: Assasin`s Creed 60-70 €$, playing 2 weeks, finish the game and sold it, Ratchet an clank 60-70 €$ playing 2 weeks, finish the game and sold it. Are these games worth it?

YES GT5P IS WORTH IT, I wrote this in a spanish forum, true fans of the series and people who loves driving and loves cars, do not doubt in any moment about spending 30-40 bucks in a game who is going to give you hundreds of hours of pleasure. I would say more, most of the people here will buy 2 copies of GT5P, japanese and american.

GT5 Prologue 30-40 €$, playing everyday since japan released date.

YES GT5P IS WORtH, I wrote this in a spanish forum, true fans of the series and people who loves driving and loves cars, do not doubt in any moment about spending 30-40 bucks in a game who is going to give you hundreds of hours os pleasure. I would say more, most of the people here will buy 2 copies of GT5P, japanese and american.

you Sir, nailed it!

GT5 Prologue 30-40 ?$, playing everyday since japan released date.

For example: Assasin`s Creed 60-70 ?$, playing 2 weeks, finish the game and sold it, Ratchet an clank 60-70 ?$ playing 2 weeks, finish the game and sold it. Are these games worth it?

YES GT5P IS WORTH, I wrote this in a spanish forum, true fans of the series and people who loves driving and loves cars, do not doubt in any moment about spending 30-40 bucks in a game who is going to give you hundreds of hours of pleasure. I would say more, most of the people here will buy 2 copies of GT5P, japanese and american.

The Spaniard has spoken for me as well.

I have both GT:Concept and GT4:Prologue which are similar in approch to GT5:Prologue (which I have on pere-order) and can have never felt ripped off by them at all.

Your point on content vs. value could be reversed and be just as valid, I could argue that with GT:5P having as much content as many full price racing games (Motorstorm, Burnout Paradise, DiRT) in terms of features and car count at £20/$40 it represents excellent value for money against the competition.

Given that, if GT5:P's content is only 20% of the final GT5 (which is not a fact at all but a guess on your part - unless you have access to the final release details for GT5), then GT5 will actually represent one of the greatest gaming bargains ever.

You see its rather easy to take figures and spin/manipulate them to suit your own aims and ideals (and what does that say about all of us), all of which is totally irrelivent. What it boils down to is a simple fact (and this one is a fact), no one is forcing you to buy it, no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

If you look at total sales across the series:

Gran Turismo - 10.84 million
(Japan 2.25 million, North America 3.99 million, Europe 4.29 million)

Gran Turismo 2 - 9.34 million
(Japan 1.71 million, North America 3.96 million, Europe 3.65 million).

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - 14.36 million copies
(Japan 1.89 million, North America 6.88 million, Europe 5.58 million).

Gran Turismo Concept Series - 1.5 million
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue - 1.5 million

Gran Turismo 4 - 9.52 million worldwide
(Japan 1.39 million, North America 2.81 million, Europe 5.32 million).

Now considering both GT:C and GT4:P were both limited releases, in that they did not get a NA release and were only avaliable for a limited time period) they sold rather well. So it would appear that quite a few people don't agree with you, and just to be clear that would include me as well.

Regards

Scaff

To try and argue your point in less blunt terms than mustang245, let me get this across. We can't just consider game content when talking about pricing. If GT5 costs sixty dollars like all other PS3 titles, and pricing were based on content, Prologue would cost, oh, five to eight dollars. But what you and damn near everyone else is failing to take into account is production costs. Discs and boxes need to be made, there are bills to pay for running the equipment, shipping needs to be dealt with, and then there's all the technology that PD use to make the content. People need to realize there's a breathing, living, working business on the other end of this deal and not just some guy waving a magic wand.

i was aware of all this, i never claimed prologue should cost proportionately to the amount of content it holds. at this point, we're just arguing semantics, and my sole point is that it's a slightly cheap tactic by PD, and they know fans of the game will pay the $40 for a preliminary version, so why not make the most money? in my eyes it should cost $25-35 at the most.. heck, if the content of prologue was about half of what it will really be (6 tracks, 70 cars), it shouldve been a free download.. similarly, i remember buying fifa wc 06 for $20 or $30, because it was a middle-of-the-year version lacking the content that the yearly fifa games had, which retailed for $50

but i dont even know why im arguing about this.. my situation is the following: i will just wait until the full game comes out, because i want to save up and buy an hd projector/playseat/g25/ps3/gt5 all around the same time probably early next year.

But i dont even know why im arguing about this.. my situation is the following: i will just wait until the full game comes out, because i want to save up and buy an hd projector/playseat/g25/ps3/gt5 all around the same time probably early next year.

Thats probably more than a thousand bucks. C'mon now shed some $40 and join teh DARK SIDE mwahahahaha.

No, it's not worth the $40 - they are double dipping us!

BUT because I am so eager to play, I am willingly let PD rob me blind with just about anything from GT series, so yeah. Even had my preorder down so they might as well be earning interest on my money too.

And given it has so much content...with PD quality, I can't really complain.

Exactly, it's totally worth it for what you're getting, I mean it's PD quality stuff here! :D:D

Back