Is Kaz blaming himself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 126 comments
  • 11,927 views
Messages
2,729
Messages
Sele1981
Haven´t made a new thread since a long time ago but after reading here and in some other forums the dissapointment is extremely high...

Even on some news pages GT5 gets more attention then every other PS3 game...

The most comments there are

"didn´t kaz say the game is ready"
"wasn´t he say that GT5 comes shortly after GTM"
"He told us the game will come sooner then expected"
"he told us they can release it whenever they want"

Is kaz loosing his face with announcements like that? I´ve read a lot of comments like "this man is a joke" "I never trust him again"

It´s not the first time that mr. Yamauchi did this... There was no online support in GT4 even he announced it so many times... he announced an damage update for GT5P and Private rooms (wich is really no big thing) and there was more things that he told us but never did...

So didn´t you think this man is blaming himself? Or is it Sony? but I think Sony will release that game as soon as they can but Kaz is holding the game back...

Can we take things that kaz says still serious? Or is he holding only 50% of the things he told and we got to take that infos carefully?

And still there is the fact that I don´t believe that they can hold the March 2010 release... there is evertime something to polish... It´s gonna get some Duke Nukem Forever...
 
He also said that they've not decided the date when to release it, and they could always keep working on it.
 
I'm 100% sure it's SONY !!! Even if GT5 isn't redy yet, its becose GTpsp and... yes it's SONY fault again!
 
As long as we keep talking about the game, they know they will have people to purchase it. If people no longer care then they know theyve pushed it too far. In the mean time the game is going to be refined even further and will ultimately be better.
 
I agree and have to say it was more Sonys doing then PDs.
 
Well, is Peter Molineux lier? No, but in the videogame business sometimes your vision doesn't become reality for a number of reasons.

In Kaz's case, we can also remember the cultural and language differences. He may say one thing and people interpret it as something completely different.

It may be also Sony's case. If it wasn't for GTPSP, GT5 would've had an earlier release date. And when I see a huge list of games that were originally planned for 2009 being pushed to 2010 I start to wonder whether this is a business move as opposed to technical difficulties.
 
Yeah you keep believing that. The "mistruths" mentioned in post #1 are all a part of why I feel like I do now,we have been mislead before.
 
I don't know who is to blame for the game not coming out sooner than I'd like, or why its happening. What I'd really like to see/read is an interview from KY giving us an honest report on the current state of the game.

If the game was complete apart from a realistic damage model could PD have released the game as is then released a patch to improve damage/weather/day night cycles for download once these have been written?
 
Who cares? It'd still be postponed if you knew the reason(s) behind it or the people responsible for postponing it.
 
Yeah we need some reasons from KY WHY...

It´s hard to see that this PS3 is 3 years old and we still miss some games that made Playstation and Sony big!

I bought an PS1 only for Tekken 1 and 2 and GT
I bought an PS2 only for Tekken 3,4 and 5 and GT

PS3 --> still no new Tekken... still no new GT... still no new God of war

There was no reason to buy a PS3 but I get it very cheap so I bought it last year... The only good reason at the moment to have a PS3 for me is MGS4

After 3 years we still miss all the console seller games that made sony big... That PS3 was a big Sony fail...
 
I think KY should mostly blame himself because I fear that his studio got slightly complacent and the aimed way too high in the time scale they alotted.

GT PSP should have been entirely contracted out to another developer (seeing as its really just a GT4 port) which would have given PD more GT5 development time.

However late GT's in nothing new, neither is KY's mouthing off about things which clearly arnt true (release anytime we want).

But we all know who the REAL person is to blame... ;)

gran_translator.jpg


Robin.
 
Last edited:
I think all those hints from kaz are like a coded message for us.
Betwen the lines we can read: "Everything is ready... but! Sony had some other plans"
the "it's not my fault!" kind of thing.

I speak last week with Sony press officers and with some big national electronic retailers. And they all expected GT5 for christmas!
I'm sure they are disapointed too because Christmas sales without such a hit will be a big mess.

Sony Japan clearly postponed GT5 to give some air to GTmobile!
They are so confident in the fact that GT5 will be a bestseller anyway...
Sad for us, we must wait!
 
"wasn´t he say that GT5 comes shortly after GTM"
"He told us the game will come sooner then expected"


1. Perhaps KY's definition of shortly is different from ours.
2. Maybe he thinks we expected GT5 to be released no earlier than 2012.

In a more serious note, wasn't the "sooner than expected" in response to a question that referred to an early 2010 release date?
 
Kaz said shortly after gt psp in FRANCE interview..This means eu version early from japanese...
And english language is global...it is easy to implement to game.
Ealry release for eu and us release?
GT PSP eu and us version 1th october but japanese version 8th october.
 
Mhh dissapointmend is going slowly but surely after seen some nice videos...
 
@patriotzero I don't think there is a chance we will see gt5 in europe before it hits japan
They develop in japanese so their language would be done first ;)
 
Posted this earlier...

The psp sells better in JP so they focussing on GTM in JP
The psp sells not so good in US/EU so they focussing on GT5 in EU/US?
 
2009:
Us: "When will gt5 be released?"
Kaz: "We can release GT5 at any time but we can still keep working on it"
2019:
Us: How come gt5 for the ps3 still hasn't been released, even though the ps4 has been out for nearly 3 years.
Kaz: "We can release GT5 at any time but we can still keep working on it"
I just hope this doesn't happen because this is what it seems like at the moment.
 
I hate him and i wont believe a word of that guy ever again. Since 2007 he is saying "soon"
 
1. Perhaps KY's definition of shortly is different from ours.
2. Maybe he thinks we expected GT5 to be released no earlier than 2012.

In a more serious note, wasn't the "sooner than expected" in response to a question that referred to an early 2010 release date?

I don't think so because he (Kaz) once laughed when some GT5P winner told him about waiting too long for a 2010 release.

Like I said before guys, there have been a huge change of plans, GTPSP being one.
 
KY has been leading us on for a while now. He's a bigger tease than any girl I've ever met in my 27 years!
 
Missing the holiday season and not capitalising on new slim model and price cut this christmas is not a busniess decision. The game will sell less because of this delay, PS3 will sell less because of this delay, and FM3 and 360 will sell more.

The fact is that this game has taken too long to come out. A GT5 would have been better one year after GT5P, with whatever cars and tracks they had at the moment, and a solid online. Now we'd be waiting for GT6 with damage, more cars and circuits and what not, would be no problem to release xmas next year.
 
why don't they just release it during the holiday and release updates later so they can still perfect the game like they want.........
 
IMO, Sony shafted Kaz and us with that PSP crap. This was the PR equivalent of throwing Kaz to the lions. Left on his own to do a perpetual song and dance to stave off the GT5 fans.



Edit: What really infuriates me now is why Sony couldn't "man up" and give us the release date back at E3, instead of leading us on with this shuck and jive routine.
 
Last edited:
Stop being a bunch of whiny kids. You're just as bad as Sony or PD, setting impossibly high expectations, then being sorry for not being able to reach them.. Geez.. Patience, young padawans! I want this game now as well, but I know that in the highly competitive indsutry like where PD is, releasing an unfinished product like Turn10 usually does would hurt the reputation of the firm. Kaz won't allow the GT to be turned into "a patch of a patch of a patch" ala Forza-series. And I'm grateful of that, even if it means few months longer wait.
 
GT5 has taken too long,weather its sony's fault or Kaz's they've just gone too big on it. It should (and better) be a fantastic game when it comes out (maybe even a forza 4 killer) but i'd rather have a game similar to forza 3 12 months ago than a forza 4 killer in 2010

I think because of the size of bu-ray they wont stop until they've filled the disc with more and more cars and more polygons.
 
^and how is that a bad thing? PD isn't your mom and dad who pamper you and give you everything on the instant you decide to want it. Real world doesn't work that way.
 
How is that?

They think "let MS throw FM3 out... let them sell the game... let them sell more consoles..."

And "we bring GT5 in march 2010,FM3 is 5 months old and the 360 fans looking to the PS3 and all the dissapointed GT fans who buyed a x360 and FM3 will buy GT5 anyway"

They don´t want to competite with FM3 and think they sell more if there is no other good competitor in March and x360 fans will get some ps3 because they get bored of FM?

By the way FM3 Demo looks awesome,this Porsche RSR :(
 
Pushing the release date is his ultimate fashion. Well at least he did his homework improving the game bit by bit. I am actually not too happy about him spending time racing and test driving on Nordschleife, as well as attending some car show events, maybe it helps him to get inspired in some perspectives. IMO he should be working on the game(s) instead of being a social queen, because his fans can be getting seriously jealous.
 
Back