Is Kaz blaming himself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 126 comments
  • 11,925 views
Just in - GT5 cancelled!!!!

Happy? No need to wait anymore, go play something else or die :)
 
Riiight, and...? The previous posts questioning just what GT5 can bring to the party that is so new and original that hasn't really been seen before are perfectly valid, and I happen to agree. Kaz has been saying that it will redefine the genre in the same way that the original one did back when it launched. Somehow, I doubt that, but would love to be proven wrong with some news and facts.

What we will end up with I'm sure, is a very nice looking racing game with better physics and AI compared to before, a well thought out online element, and huge variety. All very nice, but genre defining...we shall have to wait and see I guess.
 
Well I have played every console racing game ever released and I feel GT5 will offer something we have never seen before.

1. 16 players online compared to FM3 8.

2. Photorealistic graphics.

3. Ability to change the weather your racing in.

4. Flag system.

5. Ability to change your race strategy via pitting i.e type of tyres, amount of fuel.

6. Realistic physics engine.

7. Day/night races.

Now I haven't played one racing game on any console that has contained all of the above. However im hoping after all this development time the above will be included. Im also hoping the ability to set up a racing clan is built into GT5. This was possible in FM1 but strangely Turn 10 removed this from FM2/3.
 
GT
Well, maybe not exact details, but things such as the cockpit view for all cars? the amount of tracks? the inclusion of weather? Depth of tuning?

He doesn't have to show anything, just confirm some things that will keep us going, not too much to ask right?

Yep, that sort of thing. It has to be a step up from what we are getting now. On thing I would like to know about is the Photomode section of the game. I have heard next to nothing about its features. 👍
 
Well I have played every console racing game ever released and I feel GT5 will offer something we have never seen before.

1. 16 players online compared to FM3 8.

2. Photorealistic graphics.

3. Ability to change the weather your racing in.

4. Flag system.

5. Ability to change your race strategy via pitting i.e type of tyres, amount of fuel.

6. Realistic physics engine.

7. Day/night races.

Now I haven't played one racing game on any console that has contained all of the above. However im hoping after all this development time the above will be included. Im also hoping the ability to set up a racing clan is built into GT5. This was possible in FM1 but strangely Turn 10 removed this from FM2/3.

I ask: Race-On and Ferrari Challenge doesn't have weather, pits and flags? and a decent physics engine?

I suggest you (IMHO) low your spectations, specific to the weather system, i would love to GT5 have that but i really dont spect it. And for the rest are standart specs for this times.
 
Well I have played every console racing game ever released and I feel GT5 will offer something we have never seen before.

1. 16 players online compared to FM3 8.

2. Photorealistic graphics.

3. Ability to change the weather your racing in.

4. Flag system.

5. Ability to change your race strategy via pitting i.e type of tyres, amount of fuel.

6. Realistic physics engine.

7. Day/night races.

Now I haven't played one racing game on any console that has contained all of the above. However im hoping after all this development time the above will be included. Im also hoping the ability to set up a racing clan is built into GT5. This was possible in FM1 but strangely Turn 10 removed this from FM2/3.
It may well be something that has never been seen before on the consoles, but none of those things are particularly new or subjectively unique to GT5. Don't get me wrong, it is looking like shaping up to arguably be the best console racing game to-date. Genre-defining though? Things have moved on too much for me to believe that, unless they really do have something utterly unique that they have not shared yet.
 
I ask: Race-On and Ferrari Challenge doesn't have weather, pits and flags? and a decent physics engine?

I suggest you (IMHO) low your spectations, specific to the weather system, i would love to GT5 have that but i really dont spect it. And for the rest are standart specs for this times.

I apologise because I didn't actually play Ferrari challenge so I was wrong in my post. However I didn't buy Ferrari challenge as I was told the physics engine is crap.

For me personally if PD want GT5 to stand out from the crowd then its going to need more online features than just private rooms. I sincerely hope that we can create online racing teams because that would be immense.
 
Back