Is Kaz blaming himself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 126 comments
  • 11,927 views
I think all those hints from kaz are like a coded message for us.
Betwen the lines we can read: "Everything is ready... but! Sony had some other plans"
the "it's not my fault!" kind of thing.

I speak last week with Sony press officers and with some big national electronic retailers. And they all expected GT5 for christmas!
I'm sure they are disapointed too because Christmas sales without such a hit will be a big mess.

Sony Japan clearly postponed GT5 to give some air to GTmobile!
They are so confident in the fact that GT5 will be a bestseller anyway...
Sad for us, we must wait!





I'm thinking this is pretty much, what has happened to GT5!!!!
 
KY has been leading us on for a while now. He's a bigger tease than any girl I've ever met in my 27 years!

Lol i agree. Stop with the dry humping Kaz and give me my spoils.

IMO he should be working on the game(s) instead of being a social queen, because his fans can be getting seriously jealous.

Imagine you get this call.......

Hey Franz do you fancy coming over and testing our brand new Mercedes around the Nord?

..............Would you say no? :)
 
I kinda see GTPSP as a nuisance to GT5. I think the one to blame is sony. What I think they did is they wanted to have a GT game on the PSP to promote it. Anyway just my thoughts about it.
 
I kinda see GTPSP as a nuisance to GT5. I think the one to blame is sony. What I think they did is they wanted to have a GT game on the PSP to promote it. Anyway just my thoughts about it.

Exactly. If I want GT, I want it to be as fully immersive experience as possible. Not a mario kart kind of game. 👎 I want to have a steering wheel, the best image quality there is, the best sound etc. The PSP sucks for GT.
 
To answer the question in post #1, he should blame the 🤬 PSP. As said above GT is not suited for a frikin 2" screen,not the type of game to play sitting on the bus.
 
So this means Dev for GT5 is at a full 110% now? ....since GTPSP is over...

but seriously, there were tons of pics released of GT4..
 
Missing the holiday season and not capitalising on new slim model and price cut this christmas is not a busniess decision. The game will sell less because of this delay, PS3 will sell less because of this delay, and FM3 and 360 will sell more.

This is true and makes me believe it is a PD decision and not Sony. FM3 will sell one more cause of it, Me. I had little interest in it before, didnt need 2 Sim races so close together, but now I need something to fill the fix.
 
To answer the question in post #1, he should blame the 🤬 PSP. As said above GT is not suited for a frikin 2" screen,not the type of game to play sitting on the bus.

Bingo. for some reason sony thinks that putting off GT5 will sell more GTPSP. Most of the people who would be interested in GTPSP have already played it. Its called GT4. Exept GT4 had a career mode and 6 cars on track. GTPSP should be shunned.

b
 
You're just as bad as Sony or PD, setting impossibly high expectations, then being sorry for not being able to reach them.. Geez.. Patience, young padawans! I want this game now as well, but I know that in the highly competitive indsutry like where PD is, releasing an unfinished product like Turn10 usually does would hurt the reputation of the firm.

Don't padawan me; this isn't about patience.

Is it too much to expect them to include the features THEY promised?

Is it too much to ask that they focus on making GT5 instead of a meaningless port like GTPSP?

Is it too much to ask that they include the features that have become standard in racing games?

While I don't condone all the complaints coming in, I would say most of them do have a valid point. PD's problem is with setting the wrong priorities. Instead of focusing on perfecting the photorealistic car models and making PSP games which will never reach simulator status, they should've considered the amount of features the game needed.

Right now PD's reputation is already hurt. It may be a surprise to you, but PD is gaining the reputation of always delaying games, and being a follower in regards to feature sets. Soon there won't be a reputation left to protect if they continue like this.
 
stumbling across this old picture made me chuckle a little ...

 
I believe getting GTPSP is exactly what Sony wants people to do, hence the delay in GT5. They know a lot of people are not getting the PSP version if they can enjoy GT5. Getting a PSP Go or GTPSP would just mean justifying Sony's decision to release GT5 in March, so I'd advice people not to.

I have lost all respect for Kaz and Sony as a company. I'd better start sticking to PC sims. They're more accurate anyway. I don't regret purchasing a PS3 as a lot of great games are there, but I couldv'e bought it later rather than sooner. This really sucks now that the slim is out. Tough lesson for me. But the only reason I bought a PS3 last year was all the "GT5 is coming out soon" from Kaz, and I wanted to be ready when it did. After all, he laughed at a 2010 release date.

GT5 will be the last GT I'd buy and only because I've already invested in a PS3 and G25 for it. I know I'll enjoy it when it comes out, I know I'll enjoy my PS3 with whatever lifespan it has left, but will invest my racing game devotion somewhere else after GT5.
 
Getting a PSP Go or GTPSP would just mean justifying Sony's decision to release GT5 in March, so I'd advice people not to.

Advice taken

I mean, why ruin the entire experience of unlocking and earning cars in GT5 by unlocking them early on a handheld's 2" screen in a game that is nothing more then a stripped/dumbed down GT4?

Too bad Sony and PD's little plan is going to screw over those who don't get GT PSP, as for the first two or three weeks in online races everyone else will have the sweetest rides while you trod along in hatchbacks and minivans. You might as well not even go online, unless you want to get your Civic's doors blown off by a F2007
 
... give me my spoils.

And what, pray tell, have you done to deserve said spoils? Maybe something of the order of a day's work per game? How long have PD been working on the series? Multiply that by the number of employees working on it at any given moment and you'll start to realise just how little you truly deserve.

Right now PD's reputation is already hurt. It may be a surprise to you, but PD is gaining the reputation of always delaying games, and being a follower in regards to feature sets. Soon there won't be a reputation left to protect if they continue like this.

Nearly every game I have waited for has experienced delays, publicly or otherwise. This is the nature of the video-games industry. Only a fool would truly believe a release date at any point in a game's development. Some of you ought to try managing a project, of any scale, and realise that compromises have to be made. Maybe PD are trying not to compromise too much. To say nothing of the fact that we technically don't have a release date yet... (Kaz said "within the next 6 months")

As for being a follower, I think we all know who came first. It's easy to copy a concept and build on it. I do that every day.

I mean, why ruin the entire experience of unlocking and earning cars in GT5 by unlocking them early on a handheld's 2" screen in a game that is nothing more then a stripped/dumbed down GT4?
I guess GTPSP isn't really aimed at you, then... Some people will find this a cool feature, undoubtedly. They're probably not hard-core "simmers" in the main, but so what? GT isn't really known for being a sim, not until recently anyway.

You might as well not even go online, unless you want to get your Civic's doors blown off by a F2007
I'm pretty sure the online will be structured like in GT5P. If you make a room and leave the car choice unlimited, you had it coming... :dopey:
 
My speculation is that he has been reading sites like this (like he said he did) and I'm guessing that he heard of all the things we were upset about (ie. sub-par damage) and, being the perfectionist when it comes to games he is, probably went back and said "we need to fix all of this to make the customers happy". That's possible, right? Everyone seems to be upset about the no reverse lights... how often are you going to need them anyway? Well, that's just my opinion.
 
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life, when will people realize that the longer a game is in developement with a good team, the better quality and more polished it becomes. With this delay, PD can:

- Perfect the damage model, add it to more cars.
- Optimize the graphics.
- Optimize online performance.
- Bug test any glitches.
- Add many little details (as seen in the pit crews and paddle shift animations in the new videos).
- Weather/Night tracks?
- Improved sound?
 
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life, when will people realize that the longer a game is in developement with a good team, the better quality and more polished it becomes. With this delay, PD can:

- Perfect the damage model, add it to more cars.
- Optimize the graphics.
- Optimize online performance.
- Bug test any glitches.
- Add many little details (as seen in the pit crews and paddle shift animations in the new videos).
- Weather/Night tracks?
- Improved sound?

So an idea 💡 lets release GT5 never 💡 so it will be perfect when it´s done 💡
 
the thing is that the game is more or less finished but sony, the company that will distribute it, are waiting for the right time to distribute it.
 
Only a fool would truly believe a release date at any point in a game's development.

I don't know what games you tend to play, but in my recolection the vast majority of release dates are met.

the thing is that the game is more or less finished but sony, the company that will distribute it, are waiting for the right time to distribute it.

And you know this because...
 
the thing is that the game is more or less finished but sony, the company that will distribute it, are waiting for the right time to distribute it.

That's a very thin line they're treading. At least in terms of the customer's overall satisfaction. Do they wait for the right time for the consumers, or for their business? Let's suppose that the game is finished. And that what Kaz said was true, that they can release anytime they want... Then if they're waiting for the right time for consumers, anytime will always be better.

In fact, the Holidays would be best for consumers. They won't have to put up with mediocre games or consoles to give away, or buy for themselves.

If it's for the business, knowing that people will buy GT5 regardless of the release date, then releasing it early would only mean less business for the GTPSP or the PSP Go. They're playing it safe and releasing it on March. People WILL buy GT5. Release dates are not gonna change anything on that perspective. But GTPSP and PSP Go sales need the assurance. Not GT5. Just my opinion....
 
Last edited:
I wonder if I need to buy a PS4 when GT5 comes out?
 
Is it too much to ask that they focus on making GT5 instead of a meaningless port like GTPSP?
Well... just to reiterate, PD doesn't own SONY, it's the other way round. Kazunori-dono may be VP of SCEJ, or whatever he is, but he's just one voice on the board of directors. He doesn't have the authority to tell SONY what to do, and the Japanese are pretty strict about the adherence to authority and chain of command. While a talented member might get away with throwing a tantrum in a western boardroom, it would just about get you killed in a Japanese company.

IMO, Sony shafted Kaz and us with that PSP crap. This was the PR equivalent of throwing Kaz to the lions. Left on his own to do a perpetual song and dance to stave off the GT5 fans.

Edit: What really infuriates me now is why Sony couldn't "man up" and give us the release date back at E3, instead of leading us on with this shuck and jive routine.
Quoted for truth.

I don't know what games you tend to play, but in my recolection the vast majority of release dates are met.
You must buy a lot of basic, simple games then. Just about all of mine have been delayed, from Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, Tekken which has been in development for ages - a fighting game?! Of course I blame a big part of that on trying to fit Tekken's PS3 build into the 360. And of course Supercar Challenge - which may never come to the US - and GT5. Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper PS3 are in complete limbo. The only games I've wanted which haven't been delayed are Ratchet & Clank Future and Uncharted.
 
I don't get why console/game sales from either MS or Sony mean so much to so many people, these companies aren't going to crash because of a game. I asure that when you walk into your retailer of choice and that copy of GT5 graces your finger tips the last thing on your mind is the NPD charts and basically every other games or electronic on the shelves.

On a side note, GT5 will sell like crazy :bowdown: lol
 
So an idea 💡 lets release GT5 never 💡 so it will be perfect when it´s done 💡

LOL exactly! To all the people happy at the delay because it will give PD the oportunity to perfect the game... where do you put the limit? what if the game is released September 2010, or December 2010, or March 2011?? even happier?? :dopey: let's all pray for a December 2012 release, and dream about the possibilities...
 
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life, when will people realize that the longer a game is in developement with a good team, the better quality and more polished it becomes. With this delay, PD can:

- Perfect the damage model, add it to more cars.
- Optimize the graphics.
- Optimize online performance.
- Bug test any glitches.
- Add many little details (as seen in the pit crews and paddle shift animations in the new videos).
- Weather/Night tracks?
- Improved sound?

I just can tell you how comforting that will be over the next 6 mos. :grumpy:

I believe getting GTPSP is exactly what Sony wants people to do, hence the delay in GT5. They know a lot of people are not getting the PSP version if they can enjoy GT5. Getting a PSP Go or GTPSP would just mean justifying Sony's decision to release GT5 in March, so I'd advice people not to.

Buy it ????? :crazy:
I wouldn't have one if they gave it to me. Well other than to toss it out the window on the interstate with a semi behind me.

I have lost all respect for Kaz and Sony as a company. I'd better start sticking to PC sims. They're more accurate anyway. I don't regret purchasing a PS3 as a lot of great games are there, but I couldv'e bought it later rather than sooner. This really sucks now that the slim is out. Tough lesson for me. But the only reason I bought a PS3 last year was all the "GT5 is coming out soon" from Kaz, and I wanted to be ready when it did. After all, he laughed at a 2010 release date.

Believe whatever you like, but there is no way I'm buying that this was Kaz's decision. Its got SONY written all over it. He may have been laughing on the outside, but crying on the inside.
 
You must buy a lot of basic, simple games then. Just about all of mine have been delayed, from Metal Gear Solid, Killzone, Tekken which has been in development for ages - a fighting game?! Of course I blame a big part of that on trying to fit Tekken's PS3 build into the 360. And of course Supercar Challenge - which may never come to the US - and GT5. Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper PS3 are in complete limbo. The only games I've wanted which haven't been delayed are Ratchet & Clank Future and Uncharted.

There is no way this isn't going to sound like flamebate, but... after looking at your list...

I don't own a PS3.

LOL exactly! To all the people happy at the delay because it will give PD the oportunity to perfect the game... where do you put the limit? what if the game is released September 2010, or December 2010, or March 2011?? even happier?? :dopey: let's all pray for a December 2012 release, and dream about the possibilities...

Ask the Duke Nukem Forever fans... they are busy laughing at us while we wait for GT5 becuase DNF will be INCREDIBLE!
 
There is no way this isn't going to sound like flamebate, but... after looking at your list...

I don't own a PS3.



Ask the Duke Nukem Forever fans... they are busy laughing at us while we wait for GT5 becuase DNF will be INCREDIBLE!

Best game ever confirmed.
 
LOL exactly! To all the people happy at the delay because it will give PD the oportunity to perfect the game... where do you put the limit? what if the game is released September 2010, or December 2010, or March 2011?? even happier?? :dopey: let's all pray for a December 2012 release, and dream about the possibilities...

Spot On ! 👍
 
There is no way this isn't going to sound like flamebate, but... after looking at your list...

I don't own a PS3.



Ask the Duke Nukem Forever fans... they are busy laughing at us while we wait for GT5 becuase DNF will be INCREDIBLE!

Let me know if there's a mission where you can swing through the Sony headquarters. I could go for some of that action right about now. 👍
 
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life, when will people realize that the longer a game is in developement with a good team, the better quality and more polished it becomes. With this delay, PD can:

- Perfect the damage model, add it to more cars.
- Optimize the graphics.
- Optimize online performance.
- Bug test any glitches.
- Add many little details (as seen in the pit crews and paddle shift animations in the new videos).
- Weather/Night tracks?
- Improved sound?
So why is it OK that they launch in March 2010 in Japan? By your reckoning, they should delay it by another 12 months at least so that they can perfect the damage model even more, add even more cars, eliminate more glitches, improve the sound even more... When does it end? Why not add 20 more tracks, put the full F1 series in there...

This "setback" is not due to polish and perfection. It is simply due to PD biting off way more than they can chew, and getting too wrapped up in a case of diminishing returns.
 
Back