Is Kaz blaming himself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 126 comments
  • 11,925 views
I believe that is called irony. Too funny :lol:

On to the point of this thread; I'm not going to get too wound up about something I have zero control over. When the game is out I'll buy it, before that happens, I'm not going to worry about it.

I still enjoy GT5P, especially the WRS and a good online battle.
 
What's ironic about it Egghead43? My spelling and grammar has been fine.
 
You spelt 'ready' and 'because' wrong!! :lol:
 
1. All those mistranslations, never fulfilled promises and further nonsences would never exist if PD were employing one really responsible PR person with thorough knowledge of japanese and english.

2. Game development plan is too full, much better would be releasing GT5 already two years ago with all cars and tracks done in that time and working on GT6 till now. Also all the money from GT5 sales would stream into development of GT6 which would have better graphics, better sound, more features, cars and tracks. It would have much more sense than doing what they are doing now.
 
1. All those mistranslations, never fulfilled promises and further nonsences would never exist if PD were employing one really responsible PR person with thorough knowledge of japanese and english.

2. Game development plan is too full, much better would be releasing GT5 already two years ago with all cars and tracks done in that time and working on GT6 till now. Also all the money from GT5 sales would stream into development of GT6 which would have better graphics, better sound, more features, cars and tracks. It would have much more sense than doing what they are doing now.

That is what they have done in reality.
GT5 Prologue Released in Japan at the end of 2007, I am certain that this is all they had at the time.
In all honesty though I can see why this has been such a long development process, they have less than half the people that Rockstar had developing GTA III (1999-2001) this is a whole new generation of consoles, actually its quite old now ;), but the point still stands 140 people was standard in 2000 when the Ps2 was launching, to have 140 people in 2010 is a joke and it really makes me wonder have they hired anyone since starting development on GT3? or was Gt4 made with a group of 20 people :P?
 
We cant speak English as you speak cuz my mother language is not english..We can speak English n Turkish.Can you speak Turkish or write? If you dont understand me I will help from that thing you gave.. If there is no problem to understand i wont need your source. I think you could try at least to understand non English people instead of writing this thing To VanceBelAir.
 
Last edited:
You spelt 'ready' and 'because' wrong!! :lol:
No, Coiler made the mistakes you are referring to. He just quoted them, not properly in the first instance, but still...

Anyway, nice to see an old thread being put to good use... So, as per Coiler's statement, was GTPSP to blame for us not having GT5 now? Going by how the game only really used GT4 assets and had very little in the way of a structured career, I doubt it. Had they not done GTPSP, they would have used the time for something else in GT5 and caused just as much of a drag as we are currently experiencing. After all, they clearly have no defined end point yet, or if they have, they are not telling us what that is.
 
I will just use this opportunity to again underline some important details regarding GT5 developement in order to highlight what the real issues are.

Parts of Kazunori Yamauchi interview for USA Today in January 2010.

What stage is the game at?
About 90% of the game is done. We are just working on the last 10% and polishing up everything.

Talk a bit about what players will experience when they get to play the game.
I created the first Gran Tursimo back in 1997 (for the original PlayStation). Back then, it kind of set a new standard for the style for car racing games. This Gran Turismo 5 is going to change all that now. It will change the style of car games in the future. It will be creating a new standard for the genre.

In what manner?
The entire game design and you might be able to say the functionality of the game. I think it would be expressed better if you just say the entire game design.

How are you doing this and is this to allow players to go deeper into the car driving experience?
I think the background behind it is the advancements in technology. But the driving force and necessity for that change is really the times we live in and that the lifestyles of the people playing games have changed over the years.
 
Playing devils advocate here, that's all very good amar212, but just think about it, what can GT5 do that so significantly transforms the racing game genre? At the end of the day, you are still acquiring cars and racing them around tracks, either offline or online. Online is nothing new to the genre, and we've already seen pretty much how the game will look. Sure, it may well end up the best looking racer we've seen to date, and may have fantastic physics/AI, as well as really detailed damage on certain cars. Even the interfaces that we've been shown to date are nothing particularly new.

Now, if they introduce that same level of tournament control that we've seen in GT Academy 2010, with those same screens etc., then that could represent a great leap forward for online racing at least for console games.

I guess it's just frustrating to have all that said about how the game is going to transform the genre, but have no evidence of it despite it being 90% complete. If they can pull it off and wow us all like he believes, fantastic, but I just get the feeling that despite all of this development time, we are "just" going to get a bigger, better looking, better sounding, more varied version of the franchise we know and love. I hope I'm wrong.
 
The standards of spelling and grammar on this forum are shocking!

Tell me about it, this guy doesn't even use commas! :yuck:

I realize that these mistakes come from people for whom English isn't a first language or people with mental problems but nowadays many browsers have built in spell checkers so I think they could at least make the effort!

....Oh wait.
 
I realize that these mistakes come from people for whom English isn't a first language or people with mental problems but nowadays many browsers have built in spell checkers so I think they could at least make the effort!

'I'm 100% sure it's SONY !!! Even if GT5 isn't redy yet, its becose GTpsp and... yes it's SONY fault again!'

Emm... the site name is gtPLANET, so the entire planet can be here, so, its natural to non native english speakers can have grammar errors, like me he.

Sorry my english.
 
I realize that these mistakes come from people for whom English isn't a first language or people with mental problems but nowadays many browsers have built in spell checkers so I think they could at least make the effort!

'I'm 100% sure it's SONY !!! Even if GT5 isn't redy yet, its becose GTpsp and... yes it's SONY fault again!'

Complaining about the standard of grammar and spelling is one thing.
People indeed may be forgiven for poor spelling and grammar if English is not their first language ( it isn't my first language ), but the use of language to describe them, true or not, is below par in any language......

( Now waiting to be accused of being overly PC again.....:indiff:)

Edit, my mistake ( see post below ) so my apology for accusing VanceBelAir of poor grammar and spelling, but the rest still stands..........................
 
Last edited:
Hehe, I made the mistake also of thinking that VanceBelAir made the mistake of complaining about spelling and grammar and then making his own error, but he was actually quoting Coilers post, #3 on the first page. 👍

Thanks to TokyoDrift for making me aware of my fo-par 👍:lol:
 
I wonder - how much time was wasted doing that very average PSP version, when that time could have been spent on the new GT5? They shouldnt have bothered with the handheld one.
 
I wonder - how much time was wasted doing that very average PSP version, when that time could have been spent on the new GT5? They shouldnt have bothered with the handheld one.

Oooooold.


:sly:

But true. Sad, ain't it?
 
I wonder - how much time was wasted doing that very average PSP version, when that time could have been spent on the new GT5? They shouldnt have bothered with the handheld one.

No, perhaps not if GT5 were to be the only thing they released and it was just a distraction for the sake of it, but PD is a bussiness making money selling games, even those for handheld devices.
 
Hehe, I made the mistake also of thinking that VanceBelAir made the mistake of complaining about spelling and grammar and then making his own error, but he was actually quoting Coilers post, #3 on the first page. 👍

Thanks to TokyoDrift for making me aware of my fo-par 👍:lol:
Haha, I just thought it was kinda' funny him randomly pointing out typos in the first place, but then getting pulled up for quoting things in, shall we say, a very un-forum-like manner! :lol:

As for the PSP version and how much time that took, we'll I'd like to think not much to be honest, given that it will have used most of the assets and tools from GT4. As a game, it was quite shallow - almost like, here are your cars, here are your tracks, have at it.
 
As for the PSP version and how much time that took, we'll I'd like to think not much to be honest, given that it will have used most of the assets and tools from GT4. As a game, it was quite shallow - almost like, here are your cars, here are your tracks, have at it.

I think you're right there TD, PSP used ground work from GT4 and GT5P aswell. I don't think the modelling will have taken them too long because they had models from GT5 (as PD said they used) and GT4.

As for your comment about the game, that describes it perfectly. But that is the point of it. A pick up and play when you've got a spare 5 minutes. And it does that perfectly.

And, as for the original thread subject, if its even being discussed anymore, I think its just a combination of factors between Mr Yamauchi, Polyphony and Sony. Although I'm probably one of few people who would say that there isn't really any blame to portion out. They're not delaying the game, they're perfecting it.
 
I think you're right there TD, PSP used ground work from GT4 and GT5P aswell. I don't think the modelling will have taken them too long because they had models from GT5 (as PD said they used) and GT4.

As for your comment about the game, that describes it perfectly. But that is the point of it. A pick up and play when you've got a spare 5 minutes. And it does that perfectly.
Oh I agree, although it's not a fully-fledged GT game like people expected, it does provide that "pick up and race" experience that handheld games are best known for.
 
They're not delaying the game, they're perfecting it.

I have slipped past frustration, powered through anger, and I am starting to lose interest like a slow puncture.

I believe that GT5 will be a great game, but I have a feeling that it is not going to live up to the unreal expectations, generated during the games ridiculously long development time.

To be fair though, you cannot expect fans to sit around idly, whilst they are drip fed nothing. The majority of the game must surely be put in place by now, KY should AT LEAST give an in depth interview about GT5's core features. I think that if we at least knew the exact specifics, a lot of tension and frustration would be eased. 👍
 
Well, maybe not exact details, but things such as the cockpit view for all cars? the amount of tracks? the inclusion of weather? Depth of tuning?

He doesn't have to show anything, just confirm some things that will keep us going, not too much to ask right?
 
GT
Well, maybe not exact details, but things such as the cockpit view for all cars? the amount of tracks? the inclusion of weather? Depth of tuning?

He doesn't have to show anything, just confirm some things that will keep us going, not too much to ask right?

Agree, although I would be happy and reassured if he only confirmed all cars will have cockpit view as I assumed it was a no-brainer ( as in Prologue ) until recently when it all became uncertain.........:nervous:
 
There will be cockpit in all cars (except for some concept/prototypes I imagine), I wouldn't worry about that.
 
I have slipped past frustration, powered through anger, and I am starting to lose interest like a slow puncture.

Same here... I´m loosing more and more interest. For sure it will be a great game but if there is no light on the end of the tunnel, there is nothing to get excited... I don´t think we get this thing in 2010...

Unfortunately, no matter what they do, the game will sell like hell... no matter how they ignore their fans and do their own thing...
 
Ofcoure gt5 wont answer everybodys expectations..Everyone has different expectations from the game..Kazunori takes most important things to put his game.Kaz wanted to do something new this time.we have played since 1998 his game..We could give some time to Kaz.We have to wait Kazus wishes once time.When game out Everyone will be happy both Kaz and us
 
to reply to the title of this thread: I BLAME kaz!!!!

;)
 
What's ironic about it Egghead43? My spelling and grammar has been fine.

You spelt 'ready' and 'because' wrong!! :lol:

Exactly :p

And you probably meant "My spelling and grammar has have been fine." 👍

I could actually care less, but if you criticize the spelling and grammar on a message board you are opening yourself up to more scrutiny.

I understood you just fine, as I can for most posts on this forum.

The beauty of this forum and this game is that you can chat and race with people from all over the world regardless of their mother tongue. I don't want to discourage anybody from posting just because their English isn't perfect.
 
GT5 will probably end up being reviewed as a great game that would have been AAA if was released 2 years ago. What can it really have up its sleeve that hasn't been seen before in a driving game/sim?
 
Exactly,ANd the longer they leave it till release,the bigger this problem will become.
 
Back