Is Polyphony Digital making a significant mistake by omitting career mode?

• Thread starter Danisfast
  • 158 comments
At this point, hitching your wagon up to GT, even amidst the options present on consoles, is asinine. This isn't 2005. This isn't even 2013. You have options.

And on that note is why FM7 and it's 700+ car roster is looking so good from my gaming standpoint. Abandoning the PS after playing nothing but the Sony since its first appearance with the PS1 is a hard thing to do but at least I have that option.

The wording not to be rude on the first part of this is confusing me. I think you're saying that the user I quoted wasn't speaking on certain things that I said in the response he was quoted in.
It's a jumbled mess. I use the swipe-to-text feature on my phone and it's.. Odd to say the least.

I took his reply as talking about the online section of the game, with his insistence of talking about the eSports aspect.
I'd like to what? As I've said I am not saying no discussion is to be had, I'm saying there is a lack of one being held, and calling it as it is. If people want to try and explain their emotional knee jerk to certain features of the game not being as they thought, then I'm willing to hear and respond in kind.
That's fine if that's what you actually meant. It just looks like quite the opposite with the wording. Almost literally the opposite. You seem less willing to discuss with people who have a similar opinion of a lacking career mode, and more rather have repeated how illogical their opinion is. You've done very Little to discuss the positives or negatives of the actual career mode and latched onto just the aspect of the people having the opinion of it lacking a decent or significant career mode.

So you seem confused, your taking my response as praise
No, not at all. Nor am I confused on your current opinion. I'm saying that accepting the new direction and talking about it is just as valid as not liking it and talking about it. It was more of a general statement.

How is it not, one usually gives detail or insight before saying "nope that's wrong?"
If it's my specific view you're asking for than yeah, you're right. My mistake. I like breaking away from the mess that online can be from time to time whether it be because of connection issues or frustration with unsavory characters online. A linear career mode gives me something to do if those ever arise. I also like taking on the challenge and specific rules that one usually gives as well. While I can get a good amount of offline enjoyment from photomode, that's going to wear this for me if it's the only thing on offer. While there is arcade mode, like I said, I do like that linear progression that a career mode gives. That and sometimes I just want to get out of the pressure of a nice heated race, sometimes, as that can really ramp you up in a day that I'd want to just relax on. Odd,I know.

That's why I think it's a significant portion of the game, because I'd play it just as much as online, regardless.

So you take issue yet again with me and not what I wrote
No I took issue specifically with what your wrote and I would have regardless of the person.
As long as I'm with in AUP I can come into the thread
Never said or insinuated you couldn't.
Fine then speak less about my "Attitude" or perceived tones on your part, and more about the context.
I did. I just also mentioned your approach. I didnt mention any tones
You just noted that your response in the last second to previous post was due to seemingly the way I came into the thread
Please read the reply to said post.
There was very Little said about you.
I also take this back. There was literally nothing said about you other than the fact that you don't seem very understanding with the way you're saying things.

Last edited:
And on that note is why FM7 and it's 700+ car roster is looking so good from my gaming standpoint. Abandoning the PS after playing nothing but the Sony since its first appearance with the PS1 is a hard thing to do but at least I have that option.

Hell, even on the PS4 you have options. The obvious one being PCARS 2, with its great overall package and Livetrack 3.0, and then Assetto Corsa with its sublime FFB and wheel physics. Granted, AC has the exact same problems of content that GTS has, it makes up for it with its great base and starting point.

No matter what, as much as Kaz wants to jump up and down and say that GT Sport isn't a racing sim, it's a 'driving' sim, we all know that fans and media outlets will be calling it that. And @Suzumiya earlier in the thread is correct:

From what I've played in the beta, there are no yellow flag rules, nothing to deter dirty racing, ghosting to 'prevent' crashes, etc etc. So nitpicking is kind of needed especially when we've been letting these little things get in the middle of enjoyment playing.

Look, sim racing lobbies, especially public ones, are gong shows at the best of times. You are always going to get dicks, kids looking for kicks, and idiots trying to wreck their way to the front like it's Burnout. And eschewing a career mode where they can at least ram and bump with impunity to their hearts content, is not doing it right. Dumping them into the deep end of the pool with only a pithy little rating to show who is a bad apple is doing *nothing*.

Now we're discussing semantics and who's the bigger boy, yay, GTP

And it isn't even about nostalgia. It's about having a good race. Videos have shown that Group 3 cars can't have good racing at Tokyo Expressway. The Group 4 cars are very well unbalanced, and you'd have to nerf the GT-R to like 200 HP to make it competitive, and if you have to do that much why bother.

But now they're just feeding a ton of those "nostalgia" people into esports, and I think from the countless "E S P O R T S" memes you see online most aren't really interested. So yeah, they are making a mistake.

Hell, even on the PS4 you have options. The obvious one being PCARS 2, with its great overall package and Livetrack 3.0, and then Assetto Corsa with its sublime FFB and wheel physics. Granted, AC has the exact same problems of content that GTS has, it makes up for it with its great base and starting point.

Between PC2 and Assetto Corsa what one would you recommend? Keep in mind I have never played either one and Im not into serious competition racing online.

Between PC2 and Assetto Corsa what one would you recommend? Keep in mind I have never played either one and Im not into serious competition racing online.

PCars2's physics and FFB are as good as Assetto Corsa, maybe even better, so there's not much of a reason to pick AC anymore.

PCars2's physics and FFB are as good as Assetto Corsa, maybe even better, so there's not much of a reason to pick AC anymore.

Thanks.
I'll go poke around in the PC2 forums and do some research.

"Is Polyphony Digital making a significant mistake by omitting career mode?"

No.

I've been playing Dirt Rally almost every night since I've bought it.
I get about 1/2 an hour to 45mins a day, and I struggle to complete each component of the online races.
i.e Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Owners Club, Wager Event, Delta Event.

Let alone any of the actual career events.

Every now and then I get a chance at the PVP Quick-Match, Rally-X events for some competition against other humans, but that's rare
Do you know what percentage of Dirt players do that?

Less than 5%.

95% of the people who bought it never even tried the daily, weekly or monthly events (and it below 2% for the monthly events).

PD is potentially releasing a title that appeals to a very small subset of those that purchase racing titles.

You really do think that Polyphony is going to pull out a full career mode out of their asses with the content that is present?

With that being said, I find it harder to care about this sort of stuff as time goes on. Polyphony is obviously intent on shoving its foot as far down its throat as it can, and with the unending support of Sony, nothing is going to really change. Besides, the sim racing genre has diversified on consoles, to the point now where Forza/GT has little leverage or foothold left in the sim space except for sales. I've talked about this many a times before in this forum.

Some of it comes down to me getting older and simply not really giving a damn about the grindy career modes present within both Forza and GT. Sure, I may have been able to stomach it in my youth, hell, even now playing GT2 I don't mind it, but if I wanted to play something that was the same thing over and over again, letting the time melt away, I'd play something that I'd enjoy and can at least change things up every once in a while. GT games for the longest time have been chase the rabbit simulators that are boring as hell.

I guess that's the reason why I enjoy PCARS's career mode so much: it might be the same thing, but at least it replicates the natural progression on the motorsports ladder. And it also doesn't feel like I'm clowning the AI every single time.

At this point, hitching your wagon up to GT, even amidst the options present on consoles, is asinine. This isn't 2005. This isn't even 2013. You have options.
Do I look like I know what game be like ? No, I just saying nobody know what in the box right now ? I'm just saying everyone speculating from what we know so far and see from the preview. Thing might change or not but right now people don't know that game be like.

Do I look like I know what game be like ? No, I just saying nobody know what in the box right now ? I'm just saying everyone speculating from what we know so far and see from the preview. Thing might change or not but right now people don't know that game be like.
And on top on that, there's possibility for post-release major update a la GT5 Spec 2.0 and continual DLCs

And yet we can easily see what the game will be like when it comes out from the previews. Again, it's nearly a month and a half away from release. With the content is present, you really think there's going to be a full fledged career mode?

And on top on that, there's possibility for post-release major update a la GT5 Spec 2.0 and continual DLCs

I'm not sure if you should be putting hope into a Spec 2.0 and 'continual' DLC considering this is Polyphony we are dealing with. Considering how anal they are with building content, more often then not, it's going to take a billion years for it to materialize, and by that point, it's probably going to be massively changed compared to what we actually expected, and Polyphony said themselves. Do I need to be reminded of the track editor....?

Don't give a hoot. We're nearly two decades into the 21st century. Things were bound to change after two decades of a similar GT. There are starving children around the world. Help those poor bastards, instead of crying about how you're done with this franchise.

Coming from an offline player. Played 95% of GT5 offline and 85% of GT6 offline.

Also this is an absolutely hilarious post.

You do realize that things can change without completely scrapping it, right? But if that's what Polyphony wants, to hitch its wagon to an e-sports trend that simply doesn't exist in the sim racing space, even compared to its rivals who get pithy, 100 people or less views on streams, go ahead. No amount of FIA certification and e-sports help will stop that from happening...and I'm not even sure the FIA's guidance in this area is even going to help.

Last edited:
I don't like what PD have done here. They are likely misunderstanding the absolute 'nicheness' - for lack of a better term - of contesting a motorsport simulation as a spectator e-sport. Many people are not going to see the point of this, as they would think that it is no different, if not inferior, to watching the real thing.

A career mode can be added via update, but to be honest, it will be the very first time in gaming history that a developement team has done so. PD are still keeping their cards close to their chest, and seem very confident in their hand though.

I got over 1300 views playing PCars2 this week on Mixer. I've seen hundreds of people watching on Twitch. The genre is not dead it is just not as mainstream as it used to be. That's fine too.

I am always worried about the console crowd, the every day joe, coming into GTS and thinking they can play like they did in GT5/GT6. Driving like a crazy lunatic and blaming everyone for their failure. This will happen a lot in the lower bracket. It is the same thing in Iracing. The D class license races are a nightmare to go through. If you get out of there unscathed, you are lucky. For every clean racer there is about a 1000 that won't be. I was playing GT6 last night. The game literally teaches you all the wrong thing. The rock that are on the track with you offer little to no penalties if you use them as a rebound to make a turn. I swear I was going downhill at 200km/h, rubbing against a rail in the grass, came back on the tarmac like it was nothing.

I command PD for wanted to change things but I don't think it's enough. I've ask many times, If another company made a game with the same level of content that exist in GTS, would you not complain about the lack of campaign/career mode ? Let's be honest here for 1 sec. If this wasn't done by polyphony digital, most of you would have dismiss this game already. We don't know how the DLC structure will be. I see people pointing out the outrageous amount of DLC paid content on Forza series but we no nothing about what PD has is store. This is worrisome for a game that demand a full price. How much more money are we going to speed to get the full GTS experience ? At least with Turn10 I know where I stand. I can play offline to my hearts content and go online when I want too. I think with GTS is not worth the purchase if you are not exclusively playing it online.

I don't like what PD have done here. They are likely misunderstanding the absolute 'nicheness' - for lack of a better term - of contesting a motorsport simulation as a spectator e-sport. Many people are not going to see the point of this, as they would think that it is no different, if not inferior, to watching the real thing.

A career mode can be added via update, but to be honest, it will be the very first time in gaming history that a developement team has done so. PD are still keeping their cards close to their chest, and seem very confident in their hand though.

Well, to the bolded, there was the Street Fighter V update that introduced a story mode? Because I see the exact same situation as that. People will be loud and ask for a career mode, Polyphony will deliver it in a title update, and people will be angry that they tried. And considering how slow PD works, that will add to the anger.

Well, to the bolded, there was the Street Fighter V update that introduced a story mode? Because I see the exact same situation as that. People will be loud and ask for a career mode, Polyphony will deliver it in a title update, and people will be angry that they tried. And considering how slow PD works, that will add to the anger.

I meant to say racing game history. But this is Polyphony Digital we are talking about. If people complain, then they might have a case, but I don't think it's going to make them learn from past shortcomings.

I got over 1300 views playing PCars2 this week on Mixer. I've seen hundreds of people watching on Twitch. The genre is not dead it is just not as mainstream as it used to be. That's fine too.

I'm not worried about general views for streams of sim racing games. What I'm talking about is viewer numbers for actual e-sports streams. Forza Racing Championship, PCARS's ESL offering have essentially doing jack against offerings like The International, and whatever CS:GO has. Granted, this is an issue of both of these games having much better architecture in place, and benefits for watching, but still.

I meant to say racing game history. But this is Polyphony Digital we are talking about. If people complain, then they might have a case, but I don't think it's going to make them learn from past shortcomings.

Believe me, they will learn. When you're playing matador with a pissed off consumer base with these decisions, as Polyphony seems to be doing, you're going to get gored.

If Polyphony takes their time with the career mode in this scenario, you're going to get a lot of turnover from the casual sim fan buying this game, and those who got it boxed with PS4's.

And yet we can easily see what the game will be like when it comes out from the previews. Again, it's nearly a month and a half away from release. With the content is present, you really think there's going to be a full fledged career mode?

It could be anything from half career mode or none. We don't know but we all know from this single player will be there but aspect from it less focus than previous game.

I have been reading the comments and noticed a bit of a trend with some of them. Thankfully, others have already mentioned this, but I hall echo those sentiments.

I am not suggesting that this game should focus on the GT mode INSTEAD of online. I'm saying that it should be developed AS WELL AS online.

In other words; refine, don't remove.

And? What does my/yours/average Joe's advice of type "refine" mean? How is that helpful to actually make a GOOD single-player, one that will not embarrass the game in this modern age...

And I'm really not asking this rhetorically - instead let's take a look at pCARS 2 single-player and how sim reviewers enjoyed it??? Like sim reviewer that was in great relation with SMS (he was given both old press release long ago, and preview of gold+D1P as well).
You know that actual gamers participated directly in development of pCARS 2 features, like investors/WMD members/ pure fans of franchise - so, it must be great, amazing, because they were adding all their gamer wisdom and perspective and "sticking it in their game"! But maybe they were (or some of them) just living in their little bubbles and petting each other backs and nudging a game towards embarrassment? Maybe not?

Lets take a look, "GamerMuscleVideo - HONEST REVIEW":

- "Which follows into our next bad point about the game – this single player, the structure is “nice” there and the amount of content is incredible… but going through the single player “structured thing” … because of the AI settings (difficulty is unreliable) and just because of how sort of underwhelming it is (as general structure), it does not feel like a DEFINED challenge, it really doesn’t feel like a drivers career – it feels like a designer has been tasked with making a UI appear like there is a PROPER single player there when there actually ISN’T!"

((But I would venture to say "gamers that participated in its development did that"!))

- "And it’s just really underwhelming… If you were coming into pCARS 2 for a sort of Forza perspective “Oh, I really just wanna play through a single-player driving game”, I think you’ll be MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED, it clearly doesn’t have that polish…
… it’s a shame, I was hoping pCARS 2 would have, you know a nice fleshed out single-player that was really satisfying to complete…"

- "From any complex game like every simulator is, even if its full of rubbish you can still dig out some “golden nuggets”… and you WILL have to really dig for the gold with this one, and when you find it its absolutely incredible - BUT you’re gonna end up with a lot of broken fingernails, you’re gonna have the ceiling cave in on you and you’re gonna wish that you you weren’t alive at times... it’s a bipolar game."

All of his comments are largely result of very unstable AI implementation in the game. But while I'm sure developer was totally aware of this and probably ready to simplify "single-player" as much as needed so that the AI does NOT ruin it, maybe all the smart gamers involved in its development were just egging everything on as "fantastic"? I don't know.
Except how obvious it seem from my perspective that PD or SMS could not find absolutely anything in this entire thread that would ACTUALLY help them, any practical advice on "how" and "what" is that illusive idea of "great single-player"! IMO

But "GamerMuscleVideos" gives also more detail on exact problems of pCARS 2 AI:

- "So, yes, the AI I think is probably one of the worst parts of Project CARS 2 in many ways… they’re NOWHERE near as AI in Assetto Corsa… or Race Room… or Automobilista… or rFactor 2… especially with a faster cars, if you brake too soon they will just ram into the back of you, but it varies from car to car, sometimes you’ll have a race and AI is totally fine, other times they - JUST MURDER YOU! And they just really make it quite frustrating."

- "A lot of the time they are all over the place, depending on class of the car and the track you are on. And there’s no way to know until you actually DRIVE that track with that car combo what difficulty you should put them on."
- "NO! – it is a COMPLETE shot in the dark which in many ways destroys a lot of enjoyment you can get out of single player because you’ll have the AI on one setting and you’ll actually dominate them so you’ll increase it and be totally destroyed by them on (next track of same championship) – and then you’ll actually wonder: “Well where do I actually stand, what’s the actual challenge?”

- "And given that you can change the AI difficulty on the fly between every single event (during same championship!) it just means that a single player is essentially a conveniently laid out way to do pre-constructed races with some arbitrary medal at the end… And if you couldn’t get the medal trough doing it on harder, you can put everything on easy and breeze trough and get the medals anyway…"

So, maybe, a better advice from gamers involved in pCARS 2 process could have been(?) that single-player can not have multi-race championships until it gets optimized to provide stable level of challenge throughout particular championship (or much close to that then now) so you do not allow changing difficulty between races. That if you allow changing difficulties between races of same championships you will ruin any immersion about simulating any realistic challenge... And so on...
Just any helpful advice.

And? What does my/yours/average Joe's advice of type "refine" mean? How is that helpful to actually make a GOOD single-player, one that will not embarrass the game in this modern age...

And I'm really not asking this rhetorically - instead let's take a look at pCARS 2 single-player and how sim reviewers enjoyed it??? Like sim reviewer that was in great relation with SMS (he was given both old press release long ago, and preview of gold+D1P as well).
You know that actual gamers participated directly in development of pCARS 2 features, like investors/WMD members/ pure fans of franchise - so, it must be great, amazing, because they were adding all their gamer wisdom and perspective and "sticking it in their game"! But maybe they were (or some of them) just living in their little bubbles and petting each other backs and nudging a game towards embarrassment? Maybe not?

Lets take a look, "GamerMuscleVideo - HONEST REVIEW":

- "Which follows into our next bad point about the game – this single player, the structure is “nice” there and the amount of content is incredible… but going through the single player “structured thing” … because of the AI settings (difficulty is unreliable) and just because of how sort of underwhelming it is (as general structure), it does not feel like a DEFINED challenge, it really doesn’t feel like a drivers career – it feels like a designer has been tasked with making a UI appear like there is a PROPER single player there when there actually ISN’T!"

((But I would venture to say "gamers that participated in its development did that"!))

- "And it’s just really underwhelming… If you were coming into pCARS 2 for a sort of Forza perspective “Oh, I really just wanna play through a single-player driving game”, I think you’ll be MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED, it clearly doesn’t have that polish…
… it’s a shame, I was hoping pCARS 2 would have, you know a nice fleshed out single-player that was really satisfying to complete…"

- "From any complex game like every simulator is, even if its full of rubbish you can still dig out some “golden nuggets”… and you WILL have to really dig for the gold with this one, and when you find it its absolutely incredible - BUT you’re gonna end up with a lot of broken fingernails, you’re gonna have the ceiling cave in on you and you’re gonna wish that you you weren’t alive at times... it’s a bipolar game."

All of his comments are largely result of very unstable AI implementation in the game. But while I'm sure developer was totally aware of this and probably ready to simplify "single-player" as much as needed so that the AI does NOT ruin it, maybe all the smart gamers involved in its development were just egging everything on as "fantastic"? I don't know.
Except how obvious it seem from my perspective that PD or SMS could not find absolutely anything in this entire thread that would ACTUALLY help them, any practical advice on "how" and "what" is that illusive idea of "great single-player"! IMO

But "GamerMuscleVideos" gives also more detail on exact problems of pCARS 2 AI:

- "So, yes, the AI I think is probably one of the worst parts of Project CARS 2 in many ways… they’re NOWHERE near as AI in Assetto Corsa… or Race Room… or Automobilista… or rFactor 2… especially with a faster cars, if you brake too soon they will just ram into the back of you, but it varies from car to car, sometimes you’ll have a race and AI is totally fine, other times they - JUST MURDER YOU! And they just really make it quite frustrating."

- "A lot of the time they are all over the place, depending on class of the car and the track you are on. And there’s no way to know until you actually DRIVE that track with that car combo what difficulty you should put them on."
- "NO! – it is a COMPLETE shot in the dark which in many ways destroys a lot of enjoyment you can get out of single player because you’ll have the AI on one setting and you’ll actually dominate them so you’ll increase it and be totally destroyed by them on (next track of same championship) – and then you’ll actually wonder: “Well where do I actually stand, what’s the actual challenge?”

- "And given that you can change the AI difficulty on the fly between every single event (during same championship!) it just means that a single player is essentially a conveniently laid out way to do pre-constructed races with some arbitrary medal at the end… And if you couldn’t get the medal trough doing it on harder, you can put everything on easy and breeze trough and get the medals anyway…"

So, maybe, a better advice from gamers involved in pCARS 2 process could have been(?) that single-player can not have multi-race championships until it gets optimized to provide stable level of challenge throughout particular championship (or much close to that then now) so you do not allow changing difficulty between races. That if you allow changing difficulties between races of same championships you will ruin any immersion about simulating any realistic challenge... And so on...
Just any helpful advice.

Now would that be the view across the spectrum, it the view of one reviewer?

Don't bother answering as I already know the answer.

Oh and this is a thread about GTS, not a place for you to again use any reason to unload on other titles.

I liked the beta.

Get in, race, get out. No time for grinding, just racing.
Im now a grown man with responsabilities and finite amount of time. I just do not have the time to grind for credits and cars.

So in that regard, GTS is perfect for me.

Although I agree PD should have included a smaller, more compact career mode for those that enjoy it. We´ll see soon enough if "driving school" passes for that.

Lot of very long posts on this question. It's a binary issue, you're either a traditionalist or you're not.

@Scaff and others, I hear you, but Bob Dylan alienated 99% of his fans at the height of his popularity, against all better judgement. People see that now as brave and ballsy and the right choice. You have to have some courage to do something different, no matter how much common sense says you shouldn't. It's how anything important happens, in any field. Sure, we're only talking about a videogame, not 'high' culture, but it applies here too.

I admire them cutting the very thing their 'fans' like and find comfort in, and rely on. And I don't mind if they fail. At least they bloody tried.

If Polyphony takes their time with the career mode in this scenario, you're going to get a lot of turnover from the casual sim fan buying this game, and those who got it boxed with PS4's.
The experience of Street Fighter V begs to differ. Not all the solo stuff they have added has boosted sales.

Lot of very long posts on this question. It's a binary issue, you're either a traditionalist or you're not.

@Scaff and others, I hear you, but Bob Dylan alienated 99% of his fans at the height of his popularity, against all better judgement. People see that now as brave and ballsy and the right choice. You have to have some courage to do something different, no matter how much common sense says you shouldn't. It's how anything important happens, in any field. Sure, we're only talking about a videogame, not 'high' culture, but it applies here too.

I admire them cutting the very thing their 'fans' like and find comfort in, and rely on. And I don't mind if they fail. At least they bloody tried.

I disagree. I'm more of an offline player than most here and would consider myself a traditionalist, but I am open to change. I've put 20+ hours in the beta with limited cars and tracks and I was sad to see the beta end. I've had more fun in the beta than other full blown PS4 racing games (all of them not called Driveclub).

It's a grey area. I feel that if the SR/DR work out of the box, you'll get lots of believers. Big IF mind.

Now would that be the view across the spectrum, it the view of one reviewer?.
As @PhaedrusSocrate pointed out in his now deleted post the answer is No, he even provided evidence.
Don't bother answering as I already know the answer.
Serious question, Is No the answer you expected?
Oh and this is a thread about GTS, not a place for you to again use any reason to unload on other titles.
Comparisons are used all through these forums, there's even posts recommending other games on this page. Is that OK?

Just to add, I didn't see it as unloading but showing that what some consider to be a very good Career Mode can still have some serious flaws, and for me personally, they're exactly the same flaws that Pcars 1 career had and the reason I stopped playing it (ie: no reward other than a trophy for completion, and it can be done on the easiest level). If GT Sport has custom championships in Arcade Mode, similar to AC's, then that, Campaign Mode and all of the online elements will be enough for me.

IMMHO, the omission of the career mode AND the whips of old and tracks and the rest, tells me that this one (Sport) is a pure dedication to online racing period.

Judging by what I've seen and heard, PD and Kaz have decided to focus on online competion and the means by which the compediters are going to be expected to conduct themselves.

Now I wondering... if 7's launch date is dependant on Sport's suckses(s) ;)

Do you know what percentage of Dirt players do that?

Less than 5%.

95% of the people who bought it never even tried the daily, weekly or monthly events (and it below 2% for the monthly events).

PD is potentially releasing a title that appeals to a very small subset of those that purchase racing titles.

Dirt (or any Rally title) is a different kettle of fish anyway,
Apart from Rally-X, you're never competing side by side with a field of other drivers, so there's no real benefit in the online content.
For me it's the random/ quick-match format that's simply "ready to race"

Now we're discussing semantics and who's the bigger boy, yay, GTP

And it isn't even about nostalgia. It's about having a good race. Videos have shown that Group 3 cars can't have good racing at Tokyo Expressway. The Group 4 cars are very well unbalanced, and you'd have to nerf the GT-R to like 200 HP to make it competitive, and if you have to do that much why bother.

But now they're just feeding a ton of those "nostalgia" people into esports, and I think from the countless "E S P O R T S" memes you see online most aren't really interested. So yeah, they are making a mistake.

Same reason they do it in real life? The RSR Porsche GTE doesn't have the same amount of power as the GT3 it's based form, the Z06 C7r doesn't have nearly the same power as the car it's based on. Once again I ask, do you even know what you're talking about when you're making this assumption that this is done as an unrealistic effort in relation to make a Esports game? So what mistake other than your personal bias, is there being made?

Back