Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
ssr5csr5ssr11.png

There, i hope this will explain everything.

Special Stage R5+R11 would be around 8.5 Km long.
I would love to see that as I like long tracks.

By the way, if that happens, then "Special Stage" tracks would all count as one location.
That alone would be one location, five layouts excluding reverse versions:

1) SSR11+SSR5
2) SSR11 '90s (possibly)
3) SSR11 '00s
4) SSR5
5) CSR5

Just to say.

-> Or we could name it Special Stage City (SSR11 + SSR5). :sly:

^ But hold on! There are two SSR11's ('90s & Millenium/'00)! So which version?

> I could come up with these:

- Special Stage City '90s (SSR5 + SSR11 '90s)

- Special Stage City Millenium/'00s (SSR5 + SSR11 '00/Millenium)

:rolleyes:

that SSR 5 11, could be cool, 'cause the forward/reverse versions could have different starting points. If you started on the SSR11 straight and went the normal way, you'd go around the SSR5 section backwards and if you started at the SSR5 straight and ran it in the normal direction, you'd run the SSR11 course backwards. :P

-> ...
that SSR 5 11, could be cool, 'cause the forward/reverse versions could have different starting points. If you started on the SSR11 straight and went the normal way, you'd go around the SSR5 section backwards and if you started at the SSR5 straight and ran it in the normal direction, you'd run the SSR11 course backwards. :P
^ If you see those two hairpins that divides the two tracks?

^ On the longest straight (southern part), they can place a new pit location for Special Stage City! And the other two pit locations (SSR11 & SSR5) will not be used, just like what PD did with Autumn Ring/Mini. ;)

Well, they could also run one part of the track over or under the other with a bridge or tunnel like so:

ssr16.jpg

I think it would be better this way so you could drive both circuits together in the same direction.

I'm not sure if roads can connect together in that way in the actual tracks (as seen from GT3/4) but if they're going to redesign them, then everything is possible.

I'm not sure if roads can connect together in that way in the actual tracks (as seen from GT3/4) but if they're going to redesign them, then everything is possible.

Well, yeah. We've seen significant redesigns on SSR5 so far, so it would have to be a redesign to make it possible. If the two tracks were to connect it would have to be specifically built for that to happen -- that spot would be flat for the individual tracks but a bridge or tunnel could have made there for the combined track. Or on one side they could just have an alternate curve turn outward at that spot and then have a short bridge over the track on that alternate path to connect it to the other side. Therefore they wouldn't have to actually alter the appearance for the combined course.

By the way, by looking at those videos from GT3 i posted, there's a long overpass in common between the two tracks in my opinion, that is depicted by the blue section in the following image I just made:

ssr511.png

The two hairpins (below the overpass) could connect in a way similar to how you pointed so that orientation remains the same for both tracks.

Last edited:
there are 2 diffrent type's of SSR11.

this one
images

an this
images

second picture: i think it will be a chicane somewhere where the blue dot is under the main straight.

but my first thought was the chicane right in the middle of the track on the 1st picture.

By the way, by looking at those videos from GT3 i posted, there's a long overpass in common between the two tracks in my opinion, that is depicted by the blue section in the following image I just made:

ssr511.png

The two hairpins (below the overpass) could connect in a way similar to how you pointed so that orientation remains the same for both tracks.

The outside of turn 6 (Where the blue line starts) on SSR5 is walled off (With what appears to be a permenant wall), and there is no bridge there in GT3 or GT4 (Though in GT4 you can see several cranes in the background... Is it too farfetched to say PD want us to know it was under construction? :P). But you can see there is an overpass there, so it must turn off in that empty space at the top of the SSR5 map.

If you look at this image:

user30043_pic13434_1279429463.jpg

You will see where Clubman Stage Route 5 is situated and how the bit just the left of it is barriered off. I was thinking it was a possibility that there is a turnoff onto the overpass by taking the CSR5 route (Where it splits from SSR5 in the normal direction) and turning right instead of left (The bit which is also barriered off). But I looked in the GT3 and GT4 versions, there is no bridge or connecting road to the overpass. So the only way to connect the tracks is by removing the barriers at the hairpins.

Maybe i'm on to something with those cranes though... :P They did build a tunnel underneath the SSR5 straight between GT4 and GT5, so why can't they build a connecting road to the overpass? :sly:

EDIT:

ssr5.png

The road highlighted is not in the GT4 version. There has obviously been some construction work in... whatever city this may be.

Last edited:
The outside of turn 6 (Where the blue line starts) on SSR5 is walled off (With what appears to be a permenant wall), and there is no bridge there in GT3 or GT4 (Though in GT4 you can see several cranes in the background... Is it too farfetched to say PD want us to know it was under construction? :P). But you can see there is an overpass there, so it must turn off in that empty space at the top of the SSR5 map.

Indeed the section you mention is walled off (it doesn't appear to necessarily be a permanent wall in my opinion... that's where spectator stands are, after all!), however it would make sense for the bridge/overpass to connect there. Have a look at this other image I made. It hopefully clarifies what I mean:

overpassmist.jpg

About the rest, you make good points. I'll investigate about those later.

Last edited:
There is a lot of pipe dream going on in this thread, I really hope you guys are right though. :D

Yeah if what you guys are saying turns out to be right then there is a good chance that the special stage area would be used as one of the 20+ locations? It makes sense as there could be a lot of different variations using the two main tracks.

Yeah if what you guys are saying turns out to be right then there is a good chance that the special stage area would be used as one of the 20+ locations? It makes sense as there could be a lot of different variations using the two main tracks.

Only time will tell.

Sorry guys, but you're talking like there was a chance to have those two connected... If we get SSR11 it will be pure luck. The only way to do what you are saying is using a track editor, which may be or not in the game, but I'm not holding my breath, the thing is though, I would love it.

Indeed the section you mention is walled off (it doesn't appear to necessarily be a permanent wall in my opinion... that's where spectator stands are, after all!), however it would make sense for the bridge/overpass to connect there. Have a look at this other image I made. It hopefully clarifies what I mean:

About the rest, you make good points. I'll investigate about those later.

Oh wait, I was looking at the wrong bit. You could be right about the bridge as it is indeed a spectator stand (Just like at the hairpin, which we know is just a temporary wall). I was looking at turn 4 :dunce:

That is a very good point 👍 And you would be getting SSR5, CSR5, SSR11 and possibly a new circuit made out of a combination of the two, if they all make it in. So far we only know about SSR5, CSR5 is still uncertain (Though CSR5 is a bit of a pointless track in my opinion).

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, we still have no indication of SSR11 making it in yet.

-> Sorry to interfere (again). But I don't see the point of modifying the S-corner section from CSR5/SSR5! Allow me to explain:

ssr511.png

overpassmist.jpg

^ Apologies to the crummy MS-Paint work. Since I don't have any 'Chop abilities. :(

-> And also along the lines, I've proposed a possible pitlane for SSC!! :dopey:

Gamescom isn't far from today so hopefully we'll get more information on the tracks. Supposedly gamescom will be "bigger" than E3.. :)

Back