Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
I found these wireframe representations of SSR11 and SSR5 from GT3:

19.jpg

21.jpg

^ WTH!? So somehow they are destined to be connected!!!! OMG!! :crazy:

^ I will edit my points later when I get the chance. ;)

SSR11 '00 - There some reminants of the SSR11 '90s!

-> So it come to debat on where should we place the Pit Lane?

- SSR11?
- SSR5?

:confused:

EDIT-> Here it is:

ssr511edit.png

:)

Last edited:
That would be one epic circuit. You hear that Polyphony Digital? We want that. You can call it Special Stage Route 16 (11+5 = 16). :D

I think the SSR5 pits are better equipped from what we saw in GT1/3. Either that, or the SSR11 pitlane has been under re-development since GT3 :sly:

^ WTH!? So somehow they are destined to be connected!!!! OMG!! :crazy:
Yes, that's what I think too!

^ I will edit my points later when I get the chance. ;)

SSR11 '00 - There some reminants of the SSR11 '90s!

-> So it come to debat on where should we place the Pit Lane?

- SSR11?
- SSR5?

:confused:

EDIT-> Here it is:

ssr511edit.png

Your proposal is not possible because the section in blue is a bridge which first goes above road level, then goes underground into a tunnel and comes out to the last SSR11 chicane.

Here is a probably clearer picture:

ssr16.png

-> I got to play GT3 to find things out. I might upload it on Youtube. :crazy:

^ Make me think harder now. :dunce:

Without thinking too much, the originally proposed layout where both tracks connect in a way that one of the two is always reversed would still be ok and also easier to implement :)

ssr16std.png

(With added SSR11 '90s layout)

Without thinking too much, the originally proposed layout where both tracks connect in a way that one of the two is always reversed would still be ok and also easier to implement :)

ssr16std.png

Now it does make sense but a small issue will be the pit area,its has to go in the SSR5 straight,and the start line should be there as well,but it does makes a lot of sense now.

The pit area could be either in the SSR11 section or the SSR5 one. it doesn't matter much. For added 'randomness' as previously proposed by another user, the normal version could have the start line and pit area in the SSR5 straight, while the reverse version could have them in the SSR11 one (which is the long overpass above the chicane on the northernmost part of the map - if you haven't played GT1).

here is my thought about the new layout:

newsstr.png

PS: (sorry about the quality of edition I did it in a rush)

My idea is to put the pit area into the the original SSR5,since is possibly already design they could just simply add some elements from both tracks.

PS:we should make a request to PD to include this as a DLC track for Gran Turismo, everyone will love it and is not that difficult to make,maybe the Rome long will be hard to recreate but this one seems to be possible.

-> ...

ssr16std.png

^ Hmm, if they could make a way to over-lap the proposed S-Corner (maybe installing a temporary ramp for endurance races), that would solve the "bridge problem".

akiraacecombat
PS: (sorry about the quality of edition I did it in a rush)

My idea is to put the pit area into the the original SSR5,since is possibly already design they could just simply add some elements from both tracks.

PS:we should make a request to PD to include this as a DLC track for Gran Turismo, everyone will love it and is not that difficult to make,maybe the Rome long will be hard to recreate but this one seems to be possible.
That sounds good.
I personally prefer the "original" layout because - don't laugh - it vaguely resembles an 'S' which could even be used for the "track poster" like this:

ssr16special.png

Ok I admit I did this just for quick fun. :)

-> ...

^ Hmm, if they could make a way to over-lap the proposed S-Corner (maybe installing a temporary ramp for endurance races), that would solve the "bridge problem".
That would be hard to do in my opinion. There's not much place around the hairpins. There's also a bridge above which limits vertical elevation.

^ I will drive around the track as if I'm driving a real car, and then I will stop and observe the notable features of each course. :)

Might be a stupid question, but the OP says the first picture was a screen shot of a standard car video...

How can we have a standard car...meaning no cockpit...for an open cockpit car? Wouldn't PD need to mold a cockpit for an open cockpit car due to the fact that you'll be able to see it in select views?

Maybe it was only speaking of the Bentley, but I would think that all open cockpit cars should have a cockpit view...???

^ Wrong thread buddy. :grumpy:

BT-> I hope I will discover the relationship between SSR11 and SSR5 on GT1 and in GT3. :)

^ Wrong thread buddy. :grumpy:

BT-> I hope I will discover the relationship between SSR11 and SSR5 on GT1 and in GT3. :)

Also try finding out where roads outside the track lie, because they might turn out to be something intricate and that don't necessarily make much sense (as real roads) like this:

roads.png

This has turned into a very interesting thread, I've got to say! :lol:
I sure hope you guys are right and such track might appear in GT5. The SSR tracks were possibly my favorites in all the GT series, just below Grand Valley 👍

On the day GT5 is released, if SSR11 isn't in, We must start a petition to get this track as DLC (Or just, you know, use the track editor if the game has one like there is rumoured to be - Both SSR11 and 'SSR16')

^ I'm all for the crusade!!! SSR11 ('90s & '00) and Special Track City MUST BE IN GT5!!! :crazy:

^ Ditto. I miss the 90's configuration of SSR11. Hope that would be in as well. :)

ps: I've been following this thread for days, and gotta say you guys are excellent with creativity! (Special Stage City ;)👍 ) Hope that PD would really take your ideas into consideration! :cheers:

maybe there could be two versions of SSC. One with the GT3 version of SSR11 and one with the GT1 version. Heck there could be another version with the GT5 version of SSR11 if it's in. :P Maybe do a Fuji sort of thing: SSR11 90's, SSR11 00's and SSR11 2010 GT

^ I mentioned the to variation of SSC few posts back.

-> And I agree, PD should do a Fuji-versatility mode! :)👍

A very interesting thread guys, a complete Special Stage City would be awesome.

BUT, i am interested in seeing what track this is:

2q8r579.png

i know someone mentioned it was after the last corner going onto the main straight of SSR5 but i dont think it is... those high barriers stop almost as soon as the corner ends.

i know someone mentioned it was after the last corner going onto the main straight of SSR5 but i dont think it is... those high barriers stop almost as soon as the corner ends.
It is SSR5. You can't see the pit stright, cause the pit entry road dips down.

Just to add to more of the confusion, this screen shot is from the E3 trailer. Firstly, there seems to be no doubt that SSR5 is returning & is revised somewhat, but that somewhat shouldn't be associated with all screen shots.

This tunnel if associated with SSR5 first turn, would be greatly lengthened from what currently is with the GT4 version, which has a quick turn to the right, then a long sweeping turn to the left.

Also notice things such as the guardrail missing on the first shot & other differences. I don't think it can be associated with the tunnel at the short dip under the main straightaway.

New tunnel, possibly not SSR5. Another Track
picture.php

These two shots from the Night Trailer that shows the SSR5 entrance to be very similar the previous versions
picture.php

picture.php

On the day GT5 is released, if SSR11 isn't in, We must start a petition to get this track as DLC (Or just, you know, use the track editor if the game has one like there is rumoured to be - Both SSR11 and 'SSR16')
I will join this petition if SSR11 isn't in the basic game, and if they have no info on it on lauch day.
If they announce it on launch day as not being in the basic game but being as DLC content available later, I'm OK with that.
If we are very lucky, both versions will be in the basic game.:sly:
By the way, this might be a noob question or not, but is SSR16 the GT3 or GT1 track?
Sorry if it is a noob question.:indiff:

Last edited:
Just to add to more of the confusion, this screen shot is from the E3 trailer. Firstly, there seems to be no doubt that SSR5 is returning & is revised somewhat, but that somewhat shouldn't be associated with all screen shots.

This tunnel if associated with SSR5 first turn, would be greatly lengthened from what currently is with the GT4 version, which has a quick turn to the right, then a long sweeping turn to the left.

Also notice things such as the guardrail missing on the first shot & other differences. I don't think it can be associated with the tunnel at the short dip under the main straightaway.

New tunnel, possibly not SSR5. Another Track
picture.php

These two shots from the Night Trailer that shows the SSR5 entrance to be very similar the previous versions
picture.php

picture.php

You don't think that is part of the newly discovered underpass in SSR5?

It is SSR5. You can't see the pit stright, cause the pit entry road dips down.

I'm fully aware of the pitlane going down, but there has never been a barrier that high at that section of track, its resembles R11 more than R5, just saying.

Look at this video of SSR5 in reverse and you cant see any barrier that high until the actual corner.

Last edited:
Back