Is the Elise 111R the fastest 450pp car?

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 36 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
I have tested a lot of 450pp cars and so far the Lotus Elise 111R is the fastest. Do you have any suggestions what cars I should try that could be faster than the 111R?

The Lotus Elise 111R is one of my favorite cars in GT6, but I think the Suzuki GSX-R/4 is a faster car around most tracks at 450-500PP. There is a reason you see all the top drivers using it on every single 450-500PP seasonal event (super lap) with a twisty track involved.

It's definitely up there. The Dino and GSXR are up their too.

That said, please don't use any of those cars. Boycott them. If you are a really terrible slow driver and you need them to keep up, it's forgivable. All of those car expose how AWFUL the current PP system is. These cars are one of the biggest black marks on this game.

That said, please don't use any of those cars. Boycott them. If you are a really terrible slow driver and you need them to keep up, it's forgivable. All of those car expose how AWFUL the current PP system is. These cars are one of the biggest black marks on this game.
I love the Dino. I've loved it's looks since I was a little kid, I love the way it handles in GT5 and GT6, and I like driving it with the clutch and h-shifter in cockpit view.

Sorry, I can't boycott that.

Don't boycott them totally just in seasonals.
If you are in online rooms use them versus cars that can keep up.
And I agree the PP system needs to be looked at in theory all cars at X pp should be with in what do you think 0.100 or 0.050 seconds? Close enough it's more driver preferred then you have to be in x, y or z car to stand a chance.

Don't boycott them totally just in seasonals.
If you are in online rooms use them versus cars that can keep up.
And I agree the PP system needs to be looked at in theory all cars at X pp should be with in what do you think 0.100 or 0.050 seconds? Close enough it's more driver preferred then you have to be in x, y or z car to stand a chance.

The PP system should be better at keeping the cars closer together. The 111r is one of those PERFECT cars to showcase the flaws. It is light, quick, grippy, and fast. It has no weakness other than maybe trying to sort out the gears. It's lack of torque is negated by it's light weight, and adding weight makes for an even faster car. I run mine at 950kg, but even at 1000 it's pretty much unbeatable.

Personally, I would completely remove the grip modifier in the game's technical design. The car's "grip" should be based on weight and tire width. It's handling and weight management should be a function of the chassis and suspension. Let the chips fall where they may.

I get the sense that the designers opted to play with grip levels instead of letting the physics run the game, thereby ruining the physics.

I'm seeing a pattern here.
All of these cars are Mid-engined.
Maybe MR physics are flawed?
Yep they are. Some cars have a ridiculous amount of grip while some oversteer like it's Formula D season.
Example: Lamborghini Diablo oversteers like a 1500hp Supra while the Lotus Elise(The 1.3 liter one) grips like a monster no matter how bad you are at tuning it.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Maybe nice to know, I hardly ever drive online. 95% of the time I race offline, but I enjoy 450pp cars a lot. :)

At the moment I am using the Praiano63 tune on my 111R and it oversteers too much for my driving style... So, if anyone has any tips or a good tune, please let me know.

I am trying to understand the tuning better.

Also the Mazda Roadster NC (most will know it as the MX-5 NC) seems pretty fast. That one doesn't seem to be named as "broken" or "too good". It's a shame I never tried it before, especially because I own one in real life.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Maybe nice to know, I hardly ever drive online. 95% of the time I race offline, but I enjoy 450pp cars a lot. :)

At the moment I am using the Praiano63 tune on my 111R and it oversteers too much for my driving style... So, if anyone has any tips or a good tune, please let me know.

I am trying to understand the tuning better.

Also the Mazda Roadster NC (most will know it as the MX-5 NC) seems pretty fast. That one doesn't seem to be named as "broken" or "too good". It's a shame I never tried it before, especially because I own one in real life.
Check my garage (link in sig) for a 111R tune or check out Exter tuning for a 111R that's more tame.
As for the Roadster '07 the reason no one says it's broken is cause there are several FR cars the same PP range that are very close. But put it up against a GSX or 111R or even a NSX/HSC and its eaten like a snack before lunch.

Check my garage (link in sig) for a 111R tune or check out Exter tuning for a 111R that's more tame.
As for the Roadster '07 the reason no one says it's broken is cause there are several FR cars the same PP range that are very close. But put it up against a GSX or 111R or even a NSX/HSC and its eaten like a snack before lunch.
I will try those tunes for the 111R and also try your tune for the NC (I saw you have one for that car too). :)

it will be, it has a adjustable transmission designed for racing so it's balanced and the thing is almost impossible to spin.
Sounds like exactly the tune I am looking for! I will use it for a little competition that I am going to do with some friends. Really looking forward to the tune. :)

I've not seen the Toyota 2000GT mentioned, fantastically light and handles great, with a sweet predictable slide through the twisties. Not sure if it's up there with the Lotus, Dino and GSX-R, but great fun with the right tune.

Lotus Elise 111R '04 Race stable at 450, add a turbo and remove ballast to bring to 500, not tested at 500 so may be a bit squirly will settle back down with softer tires.
I am going to try this today! Just one question to be sure... No oil change?

Also you note to buy all performance parts except a turbo/supercharger and NOS, and set the power limiter to 91.0%. Then I have 254hp (without oil change)... You have 231hp, so what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Also you note to buy all performance parts except a turbo/supercharger and NOS, and set the power limiter to 91.0%. Then I have 254hp (without oil change)... You have 231hp, so what am I doing wrong?
Right, I added something to the tube on accident on the site try taking manifold off or intake tuning. Get the transmission to match set the PL and remove non RPM affecting power parts till it matches or you can remove the weight reduction to bring it back in line, more power is never a bad thing at these lower pp levels

Also as for the ford it's a quick stable car with a good tune and driver it will be a good challenge

@Thomasss95 i corrected the tune in the data base if you want to check what you figured out versus what I had actually built :lol:
I'm also working on a higher power set up.
Thanks a lot!
Will the higher power set up be (even) better on the Nordschleife or do you suggest to use the current tune on the Nordschleife?

Thanks a lot!
Will the higher power set up be (even) better on the Nordschleife or do you suggest to use the current tune on the Nordschleife?
It would be better, more power more speed. It is currently working at 1k kg so another 30hp I think, that's good for half a second at SSR5 clubmen I can only think it would be good for another minute at the ring.
The bad part about the 111R is you can't just add 80kg and expect it to act the same so it has to be completely redone.

It would be better, more power more speed. It is currently working at 1k kg so another 30hp I think, that's good for half a second at SSR5 clubmen I can only think it would be good for another minute at the ring.
The bad part about the 111R is you can't just add 80kg and expect it to act the same so it has to be completely redone.
Alright, could you let me know when it's done? I would love to try the heavier tune too. :)

Back