Is the Vision Gran Turismo project done?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 54 comments
I saw this first in GT6 but it never came out at all.

images

Try asking PD why they make things like that and then wouldn't eventually push it through in their games.

Well its almost been a year since the Audi... it feels like its effectively done if they're releasing at this schedule.

I feel like most manufacturers look at the VGT program as returning poor value for money. Audi made two VGTs at some expense. Did they get the expected amount of exposure compared to the effort and money? Questionable.

Honestly.. I liked the concept of this at the start.. but the love dried up the more thirsty I got for more German sedans in the game. Way I figure it.. if any, even one PD employee took any time out of his/her 9am-5pm day to build, ask, research, or even think of VGT.. it would be a waste of resources and time better spent making any of the numerous German sedans we dont have in the game, even classic ones like the E36 M3 or the C43 AMG we last saw in GT2.

Well, no. Vision GT is said to be a long-term project, and with some brands making more than one Vision car at times (such as Peugeot and Volkswagen), as well as unannounced brands making Vision cars from out of the blue (e.g. Bugatti, Fittipaldi, McLaren, to name a few), it seems as if the project is indefinite. According to Kaz he has said that it "isn't halfway done".

We still have the following though from:
Air Jordan
Ford
GM Design
Italdesign
Lamborghini
Nike
Tesla

All of which may release with just their creations or with more variants to fit in with the other car classes.

I feel like most manufacturers look at the VGT program as returning poor value for money. Audi made two VGTs at some expense. Did they get the expected amount of exposure compared to the effort and money? Questionable.

I can't see how you would reach the conclusion that it returns poorer value for money than any other concept car.

I wonder what has happened to the project. No update since a year now, not even any teasers. And given how some company's are in the project with a finished sketch, it's a shame that we don't hear anything.

I love the continued "Waste of Resources" argument, as if they spent more time "Scanning" these when:

1. They are fictional (Minus anything by VAG) and are likely not handled by the same people modeling real cars (because that's not how it works).
2. Are built off CAD data, which is far less "Resources" then scanning a real car and taking the supposed 6 months to model said car.

I get it, some people hate the Vision GTs but frankly this continued (and factually incorrect) argument is nothing more then just more moaning that people still don't have the cars they want, it was "useless & slow cars" back then and now since GT6 its *Insert arcade futuristic racer title" jokes.

Would also like to point out that while people are still obsessed with what content comes, more functional problems like the inconsistent track limits and the still iffy penalty system are still a thing. Just saying...

The point I was making is Jordan is a [crap] shoe company. They've no business in this industry. And Nike has a few drawings.. no proof of concept.. yet. I think they feel the same way as I do; "What were we thinking? Let's stick to sneakers."
Jordan is actually a Nike brand. They also branch out doing more than shoes now, they also do alternate kits for Paris St Germain FC (who use Nike football kits).

Saying that I would say that the Jordan brand is more of a lifestyle brand, which would do it no harm to create A VGT car based on what Jordan is all about.

Last edited:
I can't see how you would reach the conclusion that it returns poorer value for money than any other concept car.
I truly suspect that many manufacturers maintain designs in studio which transfer rather smoothly to this platform, therefore not requiring a from-the-ground-up expenditure.
I question who (mfr or PD) performs the final compiling to the format that PD requires for the game. I expect that PD specs a file format, most likely akin to AutoCAD, for submission & that they "bring it home".

To be honest Kaz could say it's not even halfway done, but if the manufacturers forgot all about the project, then for all intents and purposes VGT is finished. I think they missed the boat as it's supposed to be GT 15th Anniversary celebration, but they keep dragging it on and on until now it loses relevance.

It's a shame because the remaining cars look properly interesting. Sport mode usefullness aside, it's always interesting to see each manufacturer's design philosophies on their take on what an ultimate car representing their brand is.

Back