Is this game worth the grab

• Thread starter IamWSPro
  • 129 comments
In my opinion..... probably not.

It's ok for hotlapping, everything else is just meh. I bought it for £20 plus £10 for the season pass, which you really need if you like race cars because the vanilla game is full of road cars at an alarming ratio compared to race cars which doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Physics wise it's good, nothing like the silly (over)hype would suggest though, although it seems to really shine at the Nordschleife for some reason, like they really took care to nail the feel and physics there and elsewhere it's just average to good.

Sound is good, on a par with PCars although sounding different (Pcars is more of a prominent engine sound while AC is more drivetrain) and streets ahead of the laughable GT sounds.

Graphics, well passable at best.

Career. Don't bother, you'll fall asleep with boredom.

Special events. Fun for people who like stuff like that, otherwise boring.

If you can pick it up for £10 and the season pass for £10 then it's alright, I wouldn't pay any more for it though.
They really nailed the physics at the Nordschleife? Silly me, I thought the physics were the same at every track.

I had play around three week , buy it on steam before summer sales, but everything is worth it.
With the full price of this Steam PC Version Assetto Corsa ,with all the DLC, its consider not that expensive, compare to the console (I think).

Lets says about the assetto corsa gameplay, that the games that i like. Less career mode, instant race just pick up and drive or race. Without the " torture" license test that need to past like the previous Gran Turismo Games (later on will telling my experience on gran turismo).

The Games might easy to get boring at first, But its ok . In steam version Assetto Corsa is very lack of music soundtrack in menu layout, which for my expectation almost every racing games should have , at least in the menu layout. In gameplay, without it is ok.

About the racing physic , this is consider the VERY best experience i had on sim racing, funny i didnt have a driving wheel hahaha, i using keyboard:crazy::lol::lol::lol::lol: .But the physic is realistic. I never play gran turismo 5 and 6 before, since i never own a ps4 or 3, i only had a budget gaming pc, good to see that my pc can run it at average 43 FPS (with anti aliasing, without it can reach 53 FPS ). Although assetto corsa is less on car selection, but all the cars is premium , even the toyota supra got a interior, ironically GT 6 doesnt have. And all the cars is drive different, every of the cars have it behavior. Not like a GT, 1200 cars but drive almost the same .

I only play the Gran turismo PSP , 2 3 and 4 before, the difficult to buy a car i wanted and the harder to collection money to buy my cars in dealership, its really hold me back. I just wanted to race my favorite cars instantly , what the heck you wanted to " TORTURE" me soo much, too much license and too many career,play the racing games like a RPG Games that i HATE IT SOO MUCH, I HATE YOU!:ouch: Kazunori Yamauchi, you gave me a headache (Just a joke:grumpy:).

Sorry about the complain of the gran turismo, its just my opinion. As a crazy fans of racing games, if you are a PC Gamer, you dont wanted to buy a console, this is the games you can consider, but remember.... Buy the racing wheels in order to having the best experience on this games. If you need more information about the games ,type "classsic game room assetto corsa " on youtube, this channel had alot of video gameplay regarding on Assetto corsa with thrustmaster racing wheel on PS4 .

Enjoy the games and cheers :gtpflag:

I had play around three week , buy it on steam before summer sales, but everything is worth it.
With the full price of this Steam PC Version Assetto Corsa ,with all the DLC, its consider not that expensive, compare to the console (I think).

Lets says about the assetto corsa gameplay, that the games that i like. Less career mode, instant race just pick up and drive or race. Without the " torture" license test that need to past like the previous Gran Turismo Games (later on will telling my experience on gran turismo).

The Games might easy to get boring at first, But its ok . In steam version Assetto Corsa is very lack of music soundtrack in menu layout, which for my expectation almost every racing games should have , at least in the menu layout. In gameplay, without it is ok.

About the racing physic , this is consider the VERY best experience i had on sim racing, funny i didnt have a driving wheel hahaha, i using keyboard:crazy::lol::lol::lol::lol: .But the physic is realistic. I never play gran turismo 5 and 6 before, since i never own a ps4 or 3, i only had a budget gaming pc, good to see that my pc can run it at average 43 FPS (with anti aliasing, without it can reach 53 FPS ). Although assetto corsa is less on car selection, but all the cars is premium , even the toyota supra got a interior, ironically GT 6 doesnt have. And all the cars is drive different, every of the cars have it behavior. Not like a GT, 1200 cars but drive almost the same .

I only play the Gran turismo PSP , 2 3 and 4 before, the difficult to buy a car i wanted and the harder to collection money to buy my cars in dealership, its really hold me back. I just wanted to race my favorite cars instantly , what the heck you wanted to " TORTURE" me soo much, too much license and too many career,play the racing games like a RPG Games that i HATE IT SOO MUCH, I HATE YOU!:ouch: Kazunori Yamauchi, you gave me a headache (Just a joke:grumpy:).

Sorry about the complain of the gran turismo, its just my opinion. As a crazy fans of racing games, if you are a PC Gamer, you dont wanted to buy a console, this is the games you can consider, but remember.... Buy the racing wheels in order to having the best experience on this games. If you need more information about the games ,type "classsic game room assetto corsa " on youtube, this channel had alot of video gameplay regarding on Assetto corsa with thrustmaster racing wheel on PS4 .

Enjoy the games and cheers :gtpflag:
I love this guy!!:cheers:

Not sure what you mean about "silly (over)hype".

Is there anything better on consoles? No.
Is it the better driving experience you'll have on consoles? Yes.

If there's any hype around AC, it's because of this and it's perfectly justifiable.

Yes, Project CARS.
No it's Project CARS.

What's your point?

They really nailed the physics at the Nordschleife? Silly me, I thought the physics were the same at every track.

Indeed, silly you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only experience is with Gran Turismo 6 and Assetto Corsa. Does PCars do the same thing? Do they tune their physics from track to track like Assetto Corsa does with the Nordschleife?
AC tune the physic from track to track? What are you saying?

lol,

It's not ALB123 who is actually saying that lol.

Yes, I saw the original claim from the original post, I might be reading it wrong "Do they tune their physics from track to track like Assetto Corsa does with the Nordschleife?" and such a comment from ALB would be surprising, as I am sure he knows better, but it looks to me that it is what he wrote, as a follow up to other comment, so I am merely asking for clarification so less knowledgeable people reading this misguided comment will not get confused.

Last edited:
I'm saying it's a **** game.

It's not really supposed to be a game if you ask Kunos. I also think it's a poor game but without doubt a great piece of software. Understandable if it divides gamers, especially on consoles where AC always limps behind the PC version.

Last edited:
Oh, I was just looking to see what his response would be. :D I'm quite surprised and curious how someone could come to that conclusion.
I think he/she would have been wiser to say the physics shine at the ring more than at any other track. Which isn't completely untrue
I'm saying it's a **** game.
It sounds to me like you have no idea what AC is meant to be and unexpected a traditional game. Consumers should be smart and understand what they're buying, it would be like buying a flight SIM then complaining it's a crap game and Ace Combat is better.

I can understand how console players can be angry about their AC experience. Buggy on Day 1. Updates often came painfully slow. Some essential features missing from Day 1 - several still missing. I totally get that. Like @lancia delta hf stated - unfortunately, I think many, many console players were expecting something like GT/Forza...polished but with super totally awesome fizzicks dude!!! And every car unlocked. And 100 versions of a Skyline. :lol: I can remember Kunos people saying they truly weren't sure how a sim like Assetto Corsa would be received by console players. It's clearly been a bag of mixed results.

Say what you will about a crummy Career Mode and missing custom lobbies for the first 10.5 months. The driving experience is what really makes AC shine over most other sims. The amount of work that went into every laser scanned track and 90% of the cars. Having no two cars driving exactly the same because the utmost care went into the creation of each Kunos car... Just the driving experience - wheels on the pavement - has got to be exponentially better than whatever came before it (on consoles).

It's true. Assetto Corsa isn't really a good game at all. That's not what they were aiming for. They were aiming for the best driver/racer experience they could squeeze out of console hardware. I know the racing experience missed the mark in quite a few spots, but the driving experience absolutely did not miss the mark. I can see that those looking for a traditional console racing game will be upset. I've played GT6 only a handful of times since I made the leap to AC on my PC. A couple of months back was my last session with GT6 (friends house). I drove the cars that were my favorites 3+ years ago. Just comparing solely the driving experience - it's night & day. Absolutely no comparison between the two. There are a couple of things that GT6 does well, but their tires are downright awful compared to AC. The only way you can get any type of realism is if you switch your Lambos & Vettes & Ferrari's to their Comfort line of tires. My preference was Medium & Soft. Even with those Comfort Medium shoes on my cars it only made the drives feel marginally better. It's like finding out Santa isn't real (yes he is!)...the cars that I really thought I loved in GT6 are a disappointment to me now. And it's not just a case of "you're just used to AC now so you're biased!". I recently bought rFactor2 and in 5 minutes I had goosebumps on my arms from how well certain aspects of driving feels in rF2. AC & rFactor2 -- they get it.

A while ago, I bought Assetto Corsa on Steam, and I still didn't finish building my rig (long story there); but wanting to see if the game is any good, I grabbed it during the Xbox Sale that happened at the start of June. Boy am I glad I got this sim. Even on the X1 and playing with a controller, I feel as if the game is the most realistic sim I have ever played. It's miles ahead of anything I have played on any of the Xbox systems. I cannot wait to finish the rig, so I can play with a wheel, and I whole heartedly recommend AC to anyone who's even a casual racing fan. It's that good.

A while ago, I bought Assetto Corsa on Steam, and I still didn't finish building my rig (long story there); but wanting to see if the game is any good, I grabbed it during the Xbox Sale that happened at the start of June. Boy am I glad I got this sim. Even on the X1 and playing with a controller, I feel as if the game is the most realistic sim I have ever played. It's miles ahead of anything I have played on any of the Xbox systems. I cannot wait to finish the rig, so I can play with a wheel, and I whole heartedly recommend AC to anyone who's even a casual racing fan. It's that good.
I hear ya loud & clear. :cheers: I probably have the least amount of experience in this AC forum as GT6 was my intro into this little community. So, I could really only compare AC to GT6 when I first bought it on Steam. I was blown away. I still had my PS3 running at this point, so I jumped back onto the GT6 to compare cars I just drove in AC (namely F40, Shelby Cobra S/C & Yellowbird). I think it was those three. Wow. What a difference! It completely blew me away.

I can understand how console players can be angry about their AC experience. Buggy on Day 1. Updates often came painfully slow. Some essential features missing from Day 1 - several still missing. I totally get that. ...AC & rFactor2 -- they get it.

Maybe it's me but AC actually positively surprised me! It was better than I expected!
Maybe that's because I have never driven any Forza/GT game before! But I have driven lots of arcade and simcade games in the past.
The level of realism presented by AC is awesome!
Yes I have never driven any of those super cars in real life, and yes I haven't driven those either in any sim, but boy it feels so real, risky, hard, distinctive etc...
It's all about that driving experience!
Yes AC is a bad game, but they never even advertised it as a game: It's "Your racing simulator".

Maybe it's me but AC actually positively surprised me! It was better than I expected!
Maybe that's because I have never driven any Forza/GT game before! But I have driven lots of arcade and simcade games in the past.
The level of realism presented by AC is awesome!
Yes I have never driven any of those super cars in real life, and yes I haven't driven those either in any sim, but boy it feels so real, risky, hard, distinctive etc...
It's all about that driving experience!
Yes AC is a bad game, but they never even advertised it as a game: It's "Your racing simulator".
Right on! 👍 I really enjoy it too. I never played Forza, but I'm assuming it's probably on the same level as GT6. Which is cool, if that's what you want. For me, AC cranked it up to 11. Every single facet of driving. AC was just plain better than GT6...in some areas, significantly. I'm not very good at setting up my race cars to improve my lap times based on how I drive the car, however, I've gotten much better than when I was only playing GT6. Now, some of it is most likely just experience adding up as time goes by, but I really think a lot more has to do with how much more connected I am with the race cars in AC. I'm feeling so much more of the car and it's connection to the pavement - it makes tweaking setups for the cars much easier. I'm still not great. Not by a long shot, but I am a slowly getting better.

I actually disagree. AC is a very good game. The AI is better than FM and GT by light years, they don't ram and smash you, they're really fast.
The special events are a lot of fun to jump right into action. Career mode is a little weird, but if you ignore the structure it's entertaining. I haven't gone far, and I don't like having the car always chosen for me, but with AC you can just set up any race you want. No need for it to be in "career" mode.
Since you don't buy cars, you never have to grind.
Tuning actually seems to work well, this is a really detailed sim, which is what it's supposed to be.

I would say the difficulty in driving is what turns most people off, although I think it's a bit harder in some ways than it needs to be, it's better simulation in most ways than anything else I've played. Some additional steering settings or steering tuning would be welcome.
I haven't driven too many cars, but there seems to be a tendancy to oversteer, albiet a smaller amount than FM.
Lowering all ffb wheel settings helps dramatically.
Last but not least it's also good with a controller, so long as you drive properly. It punishes controller users much harder than FM or GT.
The chase cam is difficult to use (popular with casuals) because everything is visually delayed, also appears floaty. All of this is mostly invisible in any cam other than chase.

A few tweaks and a bigger car list, AC2 becomes my favorite racing game.

The driving experience is what really makes AC shine over most other sims.
Agreed. I went from Forza 6 to AC and never looked back for several reasons:
1. Physics: this has been said thousands of times but It's absolutely brilliant. Cars feel so alive and unique, a day/night difference compared to anything else I've played on Xbox/PS. Tracks are beautifully recreated as well.
2. Pad support, which greatly surprised me. Without too much input filtering, it allows me to treat the analogic stick as a steering wheel (albeit with limited movement) so I don't have to constantly tap it as in Forza Motorsport.
3. Level of detail is insane: ERS properly simulated, downshift protection, adjustable boost, different levels of traction control and more. Again, so much better compared to what I was used to.
4. Being able to customize the cockpit camera is awesome. Why isn't this a thing in more games?
Sure, AC has its fair share of flaws and it's a bit light on tracks, but the core of the game and the driving experience are top notch and that's what I care about.

Marco Massurato, Executive Manager and Co Founder of KUNOS Simulazioni, says about Assetto Corsa, "There are many racing games to play, but ours is one to drive.“
this is exactly how I feel about AC, when I launch AC it is to drive, sometime I also launch other game to play, but 99% I am in AC.:)

I actually disagree. AC is a very good game...
A few tweaks and a bigger car list, AC2 becomes my favorite racing game.

To each his own, but I think my POV converge with many people/youtube reviewers POV!

I love this game as it is, but if you think about it, it's actually very lacking in terms of features, again as a GAME!

See PC1, GT, FM, and what future GTS and PC2 are set to produce and then compare it to AC! We can even add some other titles as F1, Dirt Rally and even NFS!

It's the best driving simulator I've ever used (at least on console) but it certainly lacks some FUN and games features; here's a small list I can think of:
  • no cinematic videos/entrances/effects
  • no celebration animations/videos after win
  • no engineer over radio
  • no replay for online races
  • no driver auto-look to apex feature
  • no night/day cycle
  • no weather
  • no animations in pitstops
  • online races need way much more control: forced pitstops, fixed setups, etc...
  • no online championships
  • no proper multiclass support
And yes we definitely needs more cars and tracks! Some awesome tracks are missing like Suzuka, mount paramount, laguna seca, Monaco, etc.

It's a list I came up instantly! If I think about it, I'm sure I can extend it to hundreds of bullets!

Again the essential driving/simulation experience is awesome but AC lacks lots of gaming features other games have!

To each his own, but I think my POV converge with many people/youtube reviewers POV!

I love this game as it is, but if you think about it, it's actually very lacking in terms of features, again as a GAME!

See PC1, GT, FM, and what future GTS and PC2 are set to produce and then compare it to AC! We can even add some other titles as F1, Dirt Rally and even NFS!

It's the best driving simulator I've ever used (at least on console) but it certainly lacks some FUN and games features; here's a small list I can think of:
  • no cinematic videos/entrances/effects
  • no celebration animations/videos after win
  • no engineer over radio
  • no replay for online races
  • no driver auto-look to apex feature
  • no night/day cycle
  • no weather
  • online races need way much more control: forced pitstops, fixed setups, etc...
  • no online championships
  • no proper multiclass support
And yes we definitely needs more cars and tracks! Some awesome tracks are missing like Suzuka, mount paramount, laguna seca, Monaco, etc.

It's a list I came up instantly! If I think about it, I'm sure I can extend it to hundreds of bullets!

Again the essential driving/simulation experience is awesome but AC lacks lots of gaming features other games have!
Sometimes, less is more. :)
I find this a quaint little game. Obviously they made some goofs, but I like the style of the whole thing. I see great potential.
I cite GT3 for lack of content, and state quality over quantity.

Now mind you, Forza Horizon 3 is my favorite car game ever made.
FH3 allows me to take virtual ownership of the most amazing car list ever assembeled in my eyes, not for track use, but for fake real life use, which is an amazing experience with any car.

My favorite racing game ever made is either GT4, or FM5. (Haven't and probably won't play FM6 due to $50(still) pricing before FM7 release.
I hope/expect FM7 to take that crown.

Hopes for PCars2 also, in both racing and driving.

AC is probably my favorite driving game ever played.

They are all games, but they're not the same kind.

I had a friend who got this game and he hated it. I never got the chance to get his explanation on why he hated it. But from reading on here, if I get the game, I should just be prepared for the driving experience. I'm not for a career/story mode. I feel that is more of a chore.

I should be getting myself another PS4 in the next couple of weeks and this will be one game I'd definitely get.

I hear ya loud & clear. :cheers: I probably have the least amount of experience in this AC forum as GT6 was my intro into this little community. So, I could really only compare AC to GT6 when I first bought it on Steam. I was blown away. I still had my PS3 running at this point, so I jumped back onto the GT6 to compare cars I just drove in AC (namely F40, Shelby Cobra S/C & Yellowbird). I think it was those three. Wow. What a difference! It completely blew me away.

So how did you go about matching tyres from the two games? I am just pointing out your methodology in reaching your opinion is in question, that's all. Also it sounds like you did the test a while ago and the tyre model has changed (a couple of times I think) since then.

We haven't even discussed assists or tunes yet ;-) ;-)

BTW It's also 3 cars I am very fond of as well :-)

You don't have this on the console?

So how did you go about matching tyres from the two games? I am just pointing out your methodology in reaching your opinion is in question, that's all. Also it sounds like you did the test a while ago and the tyre model has changed (a couple of times I think) since then.
My methodology is in question? I visited my friend who has a PS3 & GT6. I was specifically going there so we could play Assetto Corsa. I brought my laptop and we hooked it up to the same TV and same DFGT that his PS3 uses. We played AC for a while and as we were winding down, I asked if he would flip GT6 on so I could have a go. So, comparing two sims on the same day within hours of each other using the same steering wheel as well, is faulty methodology to make a comparison? If you would like the exact date and time, I can't provide you with that information, however, I can tell you that it was sometime after the first week of February 2017 because I already had my emergency surgery. As far as I know, Assetto Corsa for the PC updated all of their cars to V10 tires over the Christmas holiday, so I don't see what change you're talking about. I also did a comparison when AC was on TM6 and TM7 (there were no TM8 or TM9) and Assetto Corsa felt much better to me then as well. Is my methodology adequate for you now? Or is it still in question?

Back