Is this game worth the grab

• Thread starter IamWSPro
  • 129 comments
Indeed, it is however important to remember that a tyre is experiencing those 'micro-slips' any time is rolling, doesn't mena its actually lost grip at that point.

I think this is the cause of some of the confusion with regard to your (and it may be down to the language barrier) rather absolute statement that any time a tyre squeals its lost grip.

I'm always talking about in my posted case : cars like P1 / 918 / Laferrari at Silverstone National. Not road cars in dusty or hot-glued common roads nor parkings.

I was also having a play around with AC and PC last night, with the P1 at Silverstone National, and you can get some of what you are looking for back if you switch the understeer effects on in AC.

I use to drive always with "understeer effects on" to feel more that effect, but I feel it lazy, long and slow in compartion with RL (Minute 4'28" to 4'33" for example). And especially affecting the car handling, car control and car balance playing with grip limit, not only about FFB, my criticism is more about tyre model and physics than FFB (that is great in AC).

Sorry but I don't see any similarity between your video and what I was talking about : Minute 4'28" to 4'33" for example :

Doesn't mean its a bad tyre, it could be or it could be an eco tyre. Those have a much lower rolling resistance and a tendency to make more noise, they could be a high quality eco tyre and still display that.

I 100% agree that isn't what you would get on any of the cars in question, but it doesn't mean they would automatically be a bad quality.

I said bad quality tyre because of his explanation of his specific case. But, yes, I agree, an eco tyre can do that too.

Last edited:
I use to drive always with "understeer effects on" to feel more that effect, but I feel it lazy, long and slow in compartion with RL (Minute 4'28" to 4'33" for example). And especially affecting the car handling, car control and car balance playing with grip limit, not only about FFB, my criticism is more about tyre model and physics than FFB (that is great in AC).
The understeer effect only changes the force feedback, doesn't do anything to the physics or tyre model at all. All it does is increase the degree to which self aligning torque reduces on understeer.

The understeer effect only changes the force feedback, doesn't do anything to the physics or tyre model at all. All it does is increase the degree to which self aligning torque reduces on understeer.

Yes, that's why I'm talking about tyres, car handling, car balance, slides and physics and not about FFB.

A bit off-topic..

I'd love to see Lancia in AC but I didn't have high hopes since Marco said they had no plans for this brand. Too bad.
Yes that's unfortunate, this is what Aris said in FB chat to me the other day "I wish for Lancia too... but it's a dead end with FCA nowadays :(" Sounds like Marchione wants everyone to forget the brand exists. He also said this "yeah personally I would love the 333 and 641... the last true v12s.

Damn, Seams like both Aris and Marco wanted one of the same 2 I wanted to win the vote.

Yes that's unfortunate, this is what Aris said in FB chat to me the other day "I wish for Lancia too... but it's a dead end with FCA nowadays :(" Sounds like Marchione wants everyone to forget the brand exists.

The latest titles from Forza and Dirt have Lancia. The issue appears to be something between AC and Lancia.

The latest titles from Forza and Dirt have Lancia. The issue appears to be something between AC and Lancia.
I did think about those but it's possible both codies and T10 have a long standing licence agreement going way back. GT6 had a premium Stratos too. I guess we will see if there is an AC2 and no lancia.

I did think about those but it's possible both codies and T10 have a long standing licence agreement going way back. GT6 had a premium Stratos too. I guess we will see if there is an AC2 and no lancia.

Something to support your theory is the Blizzard Mountain expansion for FH3. It came with two Lancia rally cars but the models didn't fully replicate their real world counterparts visually. That is unusual by Forza standards. That said, I have no idea why FCA would want to phase Lancia out of racing games when all their other car brands are represented in the genre.

Something to support your theory is the Blizzard Mountain expansion for FH3. It came with two Lancia rally cars but the models didn't fully replicate their real world counterparts visually. That is unusual by Forza standards. That said, I have no idea why FCA would want to phase Lancia out of racing games when all their other car brands are represented in the genre.
I thought it may be because once they're at the table he'd rather sway them towards a brand that he'd rather give exposure too. Obviously not himself directly. Having said, there was no word from Kunos if they even tried anyway. Marco's responses suggested there simply were no plans at that time. Aris' comments on the other hand make me think there was at least some intent.

I know It's off-topic but let me say I was quite disappointed when I found out that these two "rally" cars had the same interiors of their road-legal counterparts.
Anyway, I hope some Lancia models (Gr. B, 5 or C) will find their way into AC in the future and I'm sure Marco & Co. will try their best to make it happen.

Back