Is this game worth the grab

• Thread starter IamWSPro
  • 129 comments
You don't have this on the console?

My methodology is in question? I visited my friend who has a PS3 & GT6. I was specifically going there so we could play Assetto Corsa. I brought my laptop and we hooked it up to the same TV and same DFGT that his PS3 uses. We played AC for a while and as we were winding down, I asked if he would flip GT6 on so I could have a go. So, comparing two sims on the same day within hours of each other using the same steering wheel as well, is faulty methodology to make a comparison? If you would like the exact date and time, I can't provide you with that information, however, I can tell you that it was sometime after the first week of February 2017 because I already had my emergency surgery. As far as I know, Assetto Corsa for the PC updated all of their cars to V10 tires over the Christmas holiday, so I don't see what change you're talking about. I also did a comparison when AC was on TM6 and TM7 (there were no TM8 or TM9) and Assetto Corsa felt much better to me then as well. Is my methodology adequate for you now? Or is it still in question?

I think he's saying that since you couldn't use Comfort tires in AC it's somehow impossible to draw any accurate comparison between the two.

I think he's saying that since you couldn't use Comfort tires in AC it's somehow impossible to draw any accurate comparison between the two.
Well, a label is just a label. My original comment was: "The only way you can get any type of realism is if you switch your Lambos & Vettes & Ferrari's to their Comfort line of tires. My preference was Medium & Soft. Even with those Comfort Medium shoes on my cars it only made the drives feel marginally better." To me, sport soft tires in GT6 grip like a freakin' GT3 race tire in Assetto Corsa. So, to get a Lamborghini or Ferrari to try and behave like a real street car should I believe you have to switch to a compound called "Comfort" in GT6. Is that wrong to say?

but it certainly lacks some FUN

I was agreeing with most of your post but this is where I have to disagree. The reason why AC is so much fun for me is because it's the best consumer physics engine I've personally experienced and I love driving with a passion. When someone is needed to do a 2000 miles business trip driving across the country for work? I jump at the chance.

To me, sport soft tires in GT6 grip like a freakin' GT3 race tire in Assetto Corsa.

I still play GT6 with some friends online on my night off, who like to use 525pp road cars with SS tires. It always takes a few laps to adjust back to GT6's bad driving habits and seeing Dodge Rams, Shelby GT350s, '69 Camaros, Miata's etc. corner faster than race cars on race tires can in AC.

The thing with GT, that most people never seemed to notice, was that acceleration traction, and cornering traction were never aligned. Braking is harder to test, but seemed more on par with cornering.
You need higher level tires to have proper grip accelerating at lower speeds, but need lower level tires to keep from cornering way too fast.
It still baffles me what exactly PD did to make the tire grip the way they did. Only thing I can figure is that they modeled "acceleration grip" from tires seperately from cornering, and, most likely, both seperate from braking grip.
Probably never know why.

I was agreeing with most of your post but this is where I have to disagree. The reason why AC is so much fun for me is because it's the best consumer physics engine I've personally experienced and I love driving with a passion.

Man this quote of mine is further clarified in my last sentence "Again the essential driving/simulation experience is awesome but AC lacks lots of gaming features other games have!". It's super fun in terms of driving but not of features! It lacks in those a lot!

Well, a label is just a label. My original comment was: "The only way you can get any type of realism is if you switch your Lambos & Vettes & Ferrari's to their Comfort line of tires. My preference was Medium & Soft. Even with those Comfort Medium shoes on my cars it only made the drives feel marginally better." To me, sport soft tires in GT6 grip like a freakin' GT3 race tire in Assetto Corsa. So, to get a Lamborghini or Ferrari to try and behave like a real street car should I believe you have to switch to a compound called "Comfort" in GT6. Is that wrong to say?

That is very encouraging to hear and I am pleased you are aware of the tyres in GT6

IMHO The way GT6 tyres are:

GT6 .............. Real World
Race Soft = Pure fantasy
Race Med = Pure fantasy
Race Hard = The softest qulifying tyre imagionable
Sports Soft = Race Soft Slick
Sports Med = Race Med Slick
Sports Hard = Race Hard Slick or Soft Track Day tyre for street cars
Comfort Soft = Soft Sports Tyre or Semi Slick
Comfort Medium = Soft Street Tyre
Comfort Hard = Your Average Street Tyre

So now that you explained the tyres away how about the tune side. Were the cars you compared tuned or standard? Yep, trick question ;-) A tuned Yellow Bird in GT6 running Sports soft tyres drives a hell of a lot better than I can get a Yellow Bird in AC to drive. Not to mention the almost infinite tuning options in GT6 as opposed to more sedate real life options in AC. Then there's the question of "Which game has the better standard tune?"

Cheers

No matter how much tuning you will do in GT and which tyre you use you will never get a car in GT to drive even remotely as realistically to what we get in AC. Been there done that.

".... as realistically....." No, better yes ;-) When I regressed to Gt6 I could not believe how much grip it had or how I could abuse the cornering ability of the cars I used to drive regularly. Yes, GT6 is more of an arcade game and AC is more of a Sim.

AC is very lonely game with great physics while GT6 is a very interactive, fun game that with tyre choices (or weather) you can make realistic enough to have fun with your mates online. Here in lies the crux of the matter for PS4 owners >:-(

That is very encouraging to hear and I am pleased you are aware of the tyres in GT6

IMHO The way GT6 tyres are:

GT6 .............. Real World
Race Soft = Pure fantasy
Race Med = Pure fantasy
Race Hard = The softest qulifying tyre imagionable
Sports Soft = Race Soft Slick
Sports Med = Race Med Slick
Sports Hard = Race Hard Slick or Soft Track Day tyre for street cars
Comfort Soft = Soft Sports Tyre or Semi Slick
Comfort Medium = Soft Street Tyre
Comfort Hard = Your Average Street Tyre

So now that you explained the tyres away how about the tune side. Were the cars you compared tuned or standard? Yep, trick question ;-) A tuned Yellow Bird in GT6 running Sports soft tyres drives a hell of a lot better than I can get a Yellow Bird in AC to drive. Not to mention the almost infinite tuning options in GT6 as opposed to more sedate real life options in AC. Then there's the question of "Which game has the better standard tune?"

Cheers
I don't want to get into a discussion about GT anything, but I can't help but point out that all those tuning options in GT6 did very little to change the way most cars drove.

And you'll find very few(if any) people off the direct GT forum that don't think it's completely screwed up.
Myself included.

I have tunes in the GT6 directory on GTP if you want to try some.

".... as realistically....." No, better yes ;-) When I regressed to Gt6 I could not believe how much grip it had or how I could abuse the cornering ability of the cars I used to drive regularly. Yes, GT6 is more of an arcade game and AC is more of a Sim.

AC is very lonely game with great physics while GT6 is a very interactive, fun game that with tyre choices (or weather) you can make realistic enough to have fun with your mates online. Here in lies the crux of the matter for PS4 owners >:-(
And it's just going to get more lonely. Every time I try to enjoy this game (on console) I just get frustrated at it's lack of entirety. Lot's of poorly executed good ideas in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still believe that Assetto Corsa offers the best driving experience if you own a force feedback wheel 👍. But you can only drive around for so long being impressed with the feeling, until you want a good game to drive in :indiff:. And every time I want to give my opinion to Kunos about how to make their game better, I get lost in their completely disorganized mess of a forum :banghead: that instills no confidence if you own a console :irked:.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Stefano himself said that they're good at building simulators, not very good at making games and that's the reason why certain features are bare bone or missing. And:

"It's inevitable - if we want to sell more copies than we've done with Assetto Corsa, we'll have to make more of a game. That doesn't mean dumbing down the simulation - it means making something that guides you through an experience, regardless of how hard the driving is [...] To be honest with you, I'm not 100 per cent sure that we even want to make games! It's a difficult situation right now where we're trying to decide what we want to do next. Of course Assetto Corsa is designed in a certain way, it's not going to change. It's going to be interesting to see in the future where we go - of course we'd like to do a better game, whether or not we can do it I don't know." [Interview with Eurogamer, Jan. 11th 2017]

They're learning as they go on and I'm sure things will get better in the future, with more options, tweaks and content as well. Waiting can be hard and frustrating, but that's all we can do now.

You guys probably want to stay away from PC sims then. rF2: No career mode, just pick a car and a track and race. AMS: No career mode, just pick a car and a track and race. R3E: No career mode, just pick a car and a track and race. iRacing: No career mode, no AI, just pick a car and a track and race.
That's what it all comes down to, in my opinion as well. For the almost two years I've been playing AC on the PC and the one year I've been chatting with a nice bunch of console players (you guys :D) the thing that surprised me the most is how different the two groups are when it comes to needs, expectations & wants/priorities. This is not an insult in the least. I'm not saying that PC sim racers are better, or console players are better - they just seem like two different species sometimes.

In defense of all console players - if Kunos Simulazioni is going to produce titles for console players, they need to meet the needs of the console player, otherwise what's the point? For instance, customizable lobbies. What a cock-up that was. On the PC side things are pretty simple. Kunos has a handful of servers that they pay for, for us to enjoy if we so choose - of course, they set the tracks/cars/conditions. If we don't like their choices or we only want to drive with our personal friends, someone in the group can either run their own server from their house or rent a small server space for a very reasonable monthly fee. Boom. Problem solved. It is very, very easy to meet the needs of PC players. And if Kunos doesn't, inevitably some brilliant programmer comes along and develops The Setup Market, Sim Racing System, Crew Chief, Minorating or Content Manager - not to mention hundreds of mods - all for free.

We all know that consoles don't really work that way, plus console players seem to enjoy playing "with friends" more so than PC players who usually seem perfectly happy to just jump on a server and race whomever is there. So, Kunos completely took the possibility of racing solely with friends away from the console player on game launch. Yes, I know some of you discovered a bit of a work around, but I'm talking basic AC functioning. Without that capability of racing with friends solely, I remember mobs of people who felt the game was completely useless to them...and I totally got why they felt that way.

Stefano himself said that they're good at building simulators, not very good at making games and that's the reason why certain features are bare bone or missing. And:

"It's inevitable - if we want to sell more copies than we've done with Assetto Corsa, we'll have to make more of a game. That doesn't mean dumbing down the simulation - it means making something that guides you through an experience, regardless of how hard the driving is [...] To be honest with you, I'm not 100 per cent sure that we even want to make games! It's a difficult situation right now where we're trying to decide what we want to do next. Of course Assetto Corsa is designed in a certain way, it's not going to change. It's going to be interesting to see in the future where we go - of course we'd like to do a better game, whether or not we can do it I don't know." [Interview with Eurogamer, Jan. 11th 2017]

They're learning as they go on and I'm sure things will get better in the future, with more options, tweaks and content as well. Waiting can be hard and frustrating, but that's all we can do now.
I'm sure with more resources available to Kunos now (Digital Bros. ownership), if they decide on producing an Assetto Corsa II for the console and have it mirror Assetto Corsa II on the PC, they'll be much more successful in accomplishing that goal.

On the subject of mods in AC on PC, personally I think they're really neat, but at the same time, also something I have no interest in.
Something about homemade stuff in games like this turns me off.

It's not about quality, or quantity, I just have a thing for "official".
That's why I dislike fake cars, fake tracks, and the lot.
Idk, I may be slightly obsessive compulsive about it. :lol:

I'm sure with more resources available to Kunos now (Digital Bros. ownership), if they decide on producing an Assetto Corsa II for the console and have it mirror Assetto Corsa II on the PC, they'll be much more successful in accomplishing that goal.
Speaking of AC2, I just noticed this post by Stefano about PC/Console development:

"The big problem with Assetto Corsa is that the 2 sources for the PC and console version are not on the same branch. This happened because the GUI and the general user interaction on console had to be completely redone from scratch to adapt to the pad & TV. We tried to keep the code aligned for the first part of the port but had to give up 7-8 months before the initial release. This is the price to pay to port a game that made very heavy usage of typical PC technologies such as browser in window for the GUI, assumed mouse control everywhere and so on... other games that are designed from the ground up to be portable don't have this problem and can all be developed on the same branch reducing the amount of work that goes into a port."

One user then said: "But now you know what to do for Assetto Corsa 2" and Stefano replied: "Def won't make the same mistake again"

On the subject of mods in AC on PC, personally I think they're really neat, but at the same time, also something I have no interest in.

Thousands of PC players refuse to install any mods at all...thousands of PC players refuse to install any mods besides the built from scratch, researched cars available from a select group of modders on Race Department. So, you're definitely in good company. :cheers: I'm pretty sure that I've said the same thing with every since mod car I've ever installed. "I wonder what this would drive like if Kunos had made it". They're given so much more material to help them develop their cars...especially cars that aren't so new anymore that companies aren't afraid to share data on.

Speaking of AC2, I just noticed this post by Stefano about PC/Console development:

"The big problem with Assetto Corsa is that the 2 sources for the PC and console version are not on the same branch. This happened because the GUI and the general user interaction on console had to be completely redone from scratch to adapt to the pad & TV. We tried to keep the code aligned for the first part of the port but had to give up 7-8 months before the initial release. This is the price to pay to port a game that made very heavy usage of typical PC technologies such as browser in window for the GUI, assumed mouse control everywhere and so on... other games that are designed from the ground up to be portable don't have this problem and can all be developed on the same branch reducing the amount of work that goes into a port."

One user then said: "But now you know what to do for Assetto Corsa 2" and Stefano replied: "Def won't make the same mistake again"
Oh yeah...That's what I've been saying. If they chose to do AC 2, which I believe they will solely due to the purchase of Kunos by Digital Bros., the entire architecture will be different - rebuilt from the ground up. That's not to say they couldn't reuse a lot of the code. They could...but the underlying framework will be so different from Assetto Corsa 1. They won't make those same mistakes again. 👍

Last edited:

I tend to agree but it's a grey zone for me. One thing I don't like about mods is the inconsistensy they typically add to an otherwise consistent package. However, it all depends on how active the developers themselves are in improving and keeping their games alive. There are examples of games that got abandoned by developers but then improved in vital areas as modders did whatever they could to improve on the foundations. I like when mods become game changers.

Speaking of AC, there's in fact only one thing I would like to modify in the PS4 version: The Porsche 935 wearing its legendary Martini livery. It's would be an understatment to call the livery by Kunos for unfinished in comparison, but licensing is licensing and not always budget friendly. Slightly Mad Studio seemingly got this specific license secured for Project CARS 2, except not using the Martini name for other legal reasons. Livery editors allowing for designs to be shared between players circumvent this problem in games like Forza, but AC console players are stuck with what whatever Kunos sends our way. Kunos sometimes obtain official liveries down the road though, so there's always hope. The Maserati MC12 is one of the most recent examples of this.

Last edited:
To each his own, but I think my POV converge with many people/youtube reviewers POV!

I love this game as it is, but if you think about it, it's actually very lacking in terms of features, again as a GAME!

See PC1, GT, FM, and what future GTS and PC2 are set to produce and then compare it to AC! We can even add some other titles as F1, Dirt Rally and even NFS!

It's the best driving simulator I've ever used (at least on console) but it certainly lacks some FUN and games features; here's a small list I can think of:
  • no cinematic videos/entrances/effects
  • no celebration animations/videos after win
  • no engineer over radio
  • no replay for online races
  • no driver auto-look to apex feature
  • no night/day cycle
  • no weather
  • no animations in pitstops
  • online races need way much more control: forced pitstops, fixed setups, etc...
  • no online championships
  • no proper multiclass support
And yes we definitely needs more cars and tracks! Some awesome tracks are missing like Suzuka, mount paramount, laguna seca, Monaco, etc.

It's a list I came up instantly! If I think about it, I'm sure I can extend it to hundreds of bullets!

Again the essential driving/simulation experience is awesome but AC lacks lots of gaming features other games have!

I agree with you in all the points, especially in the FUN factor, I'd add that some cars are quite fun to drive but others are very boring and it shouldn't...

For example, almost all the Ferraris are exciting, alive and quite fun, especially at the begining. In the other hand, some Porsches like the 911 GT3 RS and the 911 Turbo S (which I was waiting for a long time to drive in simulators) are very poor in sensations and dynamics performances, the 911 GT3 RS is insanely unstable at breaking and we don't feel the extra aerodynamics on its handling, you can't push it like you want. The 911 Turbo S is very frustating too, it doesn't feel like an ultimate sport car, it's lazy, its handling is flat (not exciting), too much understeering and not enough savage in acceleration like it is in real life.

In resume, for me, AC is a little frustating in handling and physics for some important cars.

For example, almost all the Ferraris are exciting, alive and quite fun, especially at the begining. In the other hand, some Porsches like the 911 GT3 RS and the 911 Turbo S (which I was waiting for a long time to drive in simulators) are very poor in sensations and dynamics performances, the 911 GT3 RS is insanely unstable at breaking and we don't feel the extra aerodynamics on its handling, you can't push it like you want.

Really? For me, the 911 GT3 RS handles well and is super fun to drive. Each to his own i guess.

Really? For me, the 911 GT3 RS handles well and is super fun to drive. Each to his own i guess.
It's because he/she can't handle it lol,serious. Past discussions with Scaff will elaborate on that ( "you can't push it like you want", yes I can.) . I love the 911 GT3 RS, feels great. I'm not too keen on the Turbo S though.

Can you brake hard with it as with others similar cars in the game ? I find it exagerated sensible at braking, I have to keep the wheel centered more time than with other cars even with others 911, so I can't push braking into the apex. And the same for acceleration, it's too much unstable and easier out of control in comparison with others 911 with much less aerodynamics charge... (All with standard settings)

The rancing-side and the fun factor of the 911 GT3 RS dissapears when I have to drive it in that exagerated conservative way. A 458 Italia is a lot more predictible pushing it in a hard way. I guess that I should drive both in the same racing way. (The real Gt3 rs is known to be very performant and stable at braking and very grippy at accelerations...)

I don't say this in order to confront fans for one side and the other. I only guess that AC can improve that in order to make it more coherent and enjoyable with next updates or AC2.

Last edited:
Can you brake hard with it as with others similar cars in the game ? I find it exagerated sensible at braking, I have to keep the wheel centered more time than with other cars even with others 911, so I can't push braking into the apex. And the same for acceleration, it's too much unstable and easier out of control in comparison with others 911 with much less aerodynamics charge... (All with standard settings)

The rancing-side and the fun factor of the 911 GT3 RS dissapears when I have to drive it in that exagerated conservative way. A 458 Italia is a lot more predictible pushing it in a hard way. I guess that I should drive both in the same racing way. (The real Gt3 rs is known to be very performant and stable at braking and very grippy at accelerations...)

I don't say this in order to confront fans for one side and the other. I only guess that AC can improve that in order to make it more coherent and enjoyable with next updates or AC2.
Porsche's are infamously slow-in, fast-out cars as far as I am aware.

A 458 is a car you do whatever you want with, it's that good.

I would agree that AC makes some things harder than with real life, but there's no point bringing it up here.
You'll be told that professionals don't know what they're talking about, you'll be told that if you can't do it, it's because you aren't good enough. Cuz AC is perfect.
Not exaggerating, not even a little.

Ken Block would get told he isn't good enough, and doesn't know what he is talking about, in an Assetto Corsa forum.
Captain slow literally calls drifting easy in FM, but he only tested all konds of cars under the sun for a decade, so what does he know?

That said, it is a reasonable possibility for someone that isn't good enough, to complain it's too hard as well.

Disclaimer: Not an invitation for everyone on GTPlanet that isn't a professional, and/or has no verifiable experience to attempt to prove how perfect AC is, or how "hard" they think it is.

Yes, I am calling the internet, the internet. Full of armchair experts that know better than the pros.

A 458 is a car you do whatever you want with, it's that good.

I would agree that AC makes some things harder than with real life, but there's no point bringing it up here.
You'll be told that professionals don't know what they're talking about, you'll be told that if you can't do it, it's because you aren't good enough. Cuz AC is perfect.
Not exaggerating, not even a little.

Ken Block would get told he isn't good enough, and doesn't know what he is talking about, in an Assetto Corsa forum.
Captain slow literally calls drifting easy in FM, but he only tested all konds of cars under the sun for a decade, so what does he know?

That said, it is a reasonable possibility for someone that isn't good enough, to complain it's too hard as well.

Disclaimer: Not an invitation for everyone on GTPlanet that isn't a professional, and/or has no verifiable experience to attempt to prove how perfect AC is, or how "hard" they think it is.

Yes, I am calling the internet, the internet. Full of armchair experts that know better than the pros.
Really? I think there is plenty of discussion about the things Kunos has done wrong. :boggled: No $60 game is ever going to feature a physics engine that can perfectly simulate every aspect of real life (car, weather, surface, air, driver inputs). I think AC does a lot of things very, very well. But, there are certainly many areas that they could improve.

The 911 GT3 RS with a high aerodynamic charge both front and rear, should be better in grip, control and stability while braking and cornering, shouldn't it?

I would agree that AC makes some things harder than with real life,

That's what I'm talking about, 911 GT3 RS should be more stable in braking, cornering and out the corner... (at least in comparison with anothers 911 in the game and another cars in the game).

I'm not a hardcore gamer but I play enough to make 2 seconds faster (00'56"XX) than theese drivers in real life with the same cars at the same very-short track and all aids off (only abs on) in those cars (and they are miles away from me in racing capabilities) :

A good player in AC can do even 2 or 3 seconds better than me, I'm sure. So, for me, AC is hard to keep in stability I have to keep it always in a exgerated and frustating conservative drive but in the other hand I make better times than in real life, so it's quite a contradiction for a simulator.

With another games I feel better the stability and the grip limit, and I can play with the limits pushing myself, in AC it's like I have to wait physics become stable after "every" wheel input.

AC is great at FFB sensations, sounds, at braking physics in some cars, visuals, AI, etc but I think it could be smoother and faster in physics reactions IMO.

I hope and I wish AC updates or AC2 will be better at this to enjoy it at a higher level.

I'm a AC user, so I can say my opinion about what I feel ok and what I don't feel ok in the game, and arguing why, so I think "internet" or AC users can express it as well.

Last edited:
What other game would that be?

In Project Cars, even if physics are simpler than in AC, I feel that cars are more stable at the three stages of every corner. When you lose grip in AC is like tyres are floating or blocked during more time till they get grip again.

In GT6, even if physics are simpler than in AC too, I feel the transition of grip / slide with great detail and depth. At this point it's seems to me more natural and real that in AC, from my experience in tracks and in road with real cars, again for the same reason ( When you lose grip in AC is like tyres are floating or blocked during more time till they get grip again).

In the video with the P1 vs La Ferrari vs 918, you can see and hear how cars are loosing and getting grip (for example from 4'28" to 4'43"), it's a "fast and intermittent on/off grip" with the steering-wheel/accelerator inputs pushing through the grip limit. In AC the slides are tooooo much long, constant and unstables than in that video and than in others simulators, with this kind of cars.

No car simulator-game is perfect, at the end, some areas give you more pleasure and realism than others in a subjective way and that can make your view on where each simulator should improve...

Last edited:
The 911 GT3 RS with a high aerodynamic charge both front and rear, should be better in grip, control and stability while braking and cornering, shouldn't it?
That depends on how much you are expecting, it's still a road car and the GT3RS produces around 350 kgs of downforce at its max (iirc). As such it should be considered more a case of reducing lift rather than true downforce.

Even then you have to factor in the cars speed, as below 100mph that will be roughly halved, and below 60 will be doing nothing.

That's what I'm talking about, 911 GT3 RS should be more stable in braking, cornering and out the corner... (at least in comparison with anothers 911 in the game and another cars in the game).
It is in my experience, but its still at heart a 911 and needs to be driven as such.

I'm not a hardcore gamer but I play enough to make 2 seconds faster (00'56"XX) than theese drivers in real life with the same cars at the same very-short track and all aids off (only abs on) in those cars (and they are miles away from me in racing capabilities) :

A good player in AC can do even 2 or 3 seconds better than me, I'm sure. So, for me, AC is hard to keep in stability I have to keep it always in a exgerated and frustating conservative drive but in the other hand I make better times than in real life, so it's quite a contradiction for a simulator.

Lap time comparison is always a poor measure of a Sims accuracy, too many variables are involved (track condition, temperature, humidity,etc) alongside the utter lack of fear you have in a sim.

With another games I feel better the stability and the grip limit, and I can play with the limits pushing myself, in AC it's like I have to wait physics become stable after "every" wheel input.

AC is great at FFB sensations, sounds, at braking physics in some cars, visuals, AI, etc but I think it could be smoother and faster in physics reactions IMO.

I hope and I wish AC updates or AC2 will be better at this to enjoy it at a higher level.

I'm a AC user, so I can say my opinion about what I feel ok and what I don't feel ok in the game, and arguing why, so I think "internet" or AC users can express it as well.
I find the opposite.

Personally AC and PC match up to my personal experience rather well (neither are perfect), however GT5/6 has one of the most digital grip/slip transitions I've come across.

In GT6, even if physics are simpler than in AC too, I feel the transition of grip / slide with great detail and depth. At this point it's seems to me more natural and real that in AC, from my experience in tracks and in road with real cars, again for the same reason ( When you lose grip in AC is like tyres are floating or blocked during more time till they get grip again)

In Project Cars, even if physics are simpler than in AC, I feel that cars are more stable at the three stages of every corner. When you lose grip in AC is like tyres are floating or blocked during more time till they get grip again.

You have every right to prefer the physic and overall feeling of driving in both GT6 and PCars, thank you for your answer, it is not often that I read someone prefers and find closer to their real life experience those 2 games over AC. But it puts your previous comments and questions in perspective.

I have had extensive exposure to GT and I still drive PCars from time to time, although they are both enjoyable, I did not reach the same conclusion you did. To me AC is the one closer to my real life driving experience. To each his own.

Back