Is this the end?

But if GTP has inside knowledge that PD has privileged them with, why would they betray their trust and tell us on the forums?

Terronium-12's post was mightily ambiguous so I've no idea whether there's anything to hide anyway. It's all maybe, maybe not info.

If you could link me to the thread or a specific comment by the staff talking about NDA's, I'd appreciate it. I tend to avoid course maker threads so no idea which one you mean. I have looked though. Honestly.

I'm all for encouraging GTP and PD to consult and release the information , not merely just dropping it without consent .

Post 836 here yup @kilesa4568 .

"Is this the end?"

Don't be so daft. GT6 still has another year or two in it left. If you want any new non-GT cars well tough luck. You get what you're given. You'll just have to wait until the next game comes along. I'm really, really sick of seeing GT6 get so much stick and everyone having such a downer about it.

And just because other driving sims are coming along doesn't mean the GT series is going to fade away. It pretty much kicked off the very genre these new driving sims are part of.

Is this the end ?

Not for me.

I have a PS4 and I often returns to PS3 for GT6.

GT6 is the only racing game that I play :

- Suzuka, Nurburgring, Midfield Raceway and other tracks with my all favorite cars
- B-Spec mode. I enjoy it a lot
- Sierra Time Rally. Idem
- Some seasonal events
- Online mode with my friends. We will restart a Super GT Championship
- Future updates including the one with course maker
- Etc.

GT7 isn't ready to come out, the course maker will help me to be patient !

Now, a game that came out about two years ago, you start to think about the future. It's normal, it's the same for all games.

Last edited:
"Is this the end?"

Don't be so daft. GT6 still has another year or two in it left. If you want any new non-GT cars well tough luck. You get what you're given. You'll just have to wait until the next game comes along. I'm really, really sick of seeing GT6 get so much stick and everyone having such a downer about it.

And just because other driving sims are coming along doesn't mean the GT series is going to fade away. It pretty much kicked off the very genre these new driving sims are part of.

You're not old enough to remember 1997 PS1 gaming I take it ?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_Touring_Car_series

These are more similar to todays driving sims like Project Cars , much more so than Gran Turismo 👍

GT6 is not dead but it suffers from:

- old system
- slow updates
- more and more people move on to PS4

Even if PD releases CM it will be short lived and this is mainly because people have moved on.

Myself , I recently sold my PS3 because time has come for me to upgrade. I loved the photomodes and it is still an active part in the forum. Amazing shots are made but it's a group of around 15 people and also in here one sees that users starting to move on to PS4 with DC and pCars or FM5/6 and FH2. The first having absolutely gorgeous phototools.

After 2 years of GT6 competing with PS4 games it starts to lose ground fast. Not meant negatively but a normal consequence of an older game.

GT6 probably will get a scaled down version of the CM which will still satisfy people playing on a PS3 system.

It has been a love/hate relation with the GT series on PS3 and this time there will be no hypetrain or whatsoever for me. I am not in a hurry for GT7 with so many beauties surfacing on PS4.

PD , take your time and make sure that this time you will deliver a high end AAA title.

Pretty much this.

I'm all for encouraging GTP and PD to consult and release the information , not merely just dropping it without consent .

I'm sorry but I couldn't have agreed more with the post you referred to. If they're bound by either a verbal (but still official where trust is concerned) or actually signing an NDA, they need to stick by it, otherwise they'll be cutting a major news source from the site. Wouldn't you do the same if it was your site?

Saying that, I wish there was more communication from PD with such an anticipated (for some) feature. They've played the mysterious card for too long so I know where you're coming from. I wouldn't break an NDA to give an update though. No matter how much of a scoop it was.

I'm sorry but I couldn't have agreed more with the post you referred to. If they're bound by either a verbal (but still official where trust is concerned) or actually signing an NDA, they need to stick by it, otherwise they'll be cutting a major news source from the site. Wouldn't you do the same if it was your site?

Saying that, I wish there was more communication from PD with such an anticipated (for some) feature. They've played the mysterious card for too long so I know where you're coming from. I wouldn't break an NDA to give an update though. No matter how much of a scoop it was.

Yes . I know . You just quoted me saying this -

I'm not saying they should break it . I'm saying it's time PD and GTP discuss together about releasing the reason .

Hint - It's most likely to be GT Sport related . And all the other knock on effects from this as i've mentioned already in my previous posts .

You're not old enough to remember 1997 PS1 gaming I take it ?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_Touring_Car_series

These are more similar to todays driving sims like Project Cars , much more so than Gran Turismo 👍

Actually, I'm 22. I grew up with the series from the very start. I had some very good childhood memories with the PS1. There were always driving sims even back then. I have the old TOCA games too.

Assetto Corsa has changed my world.

Custom, realistic offline Event Creation, including championships.
Qualifying (aiming for mid-pack, mostly)
Fighting my tail off for a few overtakes during races, and having to really concentrate to keep a nasty pack of hornets behind me once I've passed them. (A.I. still needs a little work, but this feels like racing)
Racecars that sound like the roaring real deal (especially with some of the sound mods, wow!)
Low speed physics that will have you extending practice a few laps to get that hairpin turn sorted out.
An immense tracklist when you include all of the beautiful mod tracks, many of which could pass as proper dev-created environments.
Oculus Rift support for when I take a break from mowing lawns.. ; )
Cockpit FOV adjustment!
etc. etc. etc.

This is the end... My only friend, thee end.

Assetto Corsa has changed my world.

Custom, realistic offline Event Creation, including championships.
Qualifying (aiming for mid-pack, mostly)
Fighting my tail off for a few overtakes during races, and having to really concentrate to keep a nasty pack of hornets behind me once I've passed them. (A.I. still needs a little work, but this feels like racing)
Racecars that sound like the roaring real deal (especially with some of the sound mods, wow!)
Low speed physics that will have you extending practice a few laps to get that hairpin turn sorted out.
An immense tracklist when you include all of the beautiful mod tracks, many of which could pass as proper dev-created environments.
Oculus Rift support for when I take a break from mowing lawns.. ; )
Cockpit FOV adjustment!
etc. etc. etc.

This is the end... My only friend, thee end.

wow, that sound to me like "The Real driving simulator"... but wasn´t this the quote of GT... :-/

For me GT6 is not dead yet, but only because i don´t own a PS4 so far...

I think the Oxford Dictionary needs to redefine this word in their English dictionary . According to Kaz it means the following ;

" Soon " ( Adverb ) - A word that is most useful to use in a reply when asked a difficult , but simultaneously straightforward question , to helpfully disguise the fact that you don't know the answer . It defines a period of time ranging from the next day to any infinite time period in the future . In using this useful reply , the interviewer will not press you further on the said topic that you think you have cleverly answered .

Example 1 . " Billy , when will you tidy your room ? " Asks his parent . " Soon mother , soon " Billy replies .
Example 2 . " When can we expect a 2 year feature that you promised would be available in GT6 , just shortly after release date Kaz ? " Asks the interviewer . " Soon , the beta is in my hands now , soon " Replies Kaz .

Last edited by a moderator:
GT5 was played passionately by many people right up to the end (closing the servers). GT6 CAN do the same thing but it's current direction has sent some people packing. It requires to much fiddling with lobby rules to make the game fair online and offline...well...I don' even know why people play offline beyond time trials.

This is why I put up this poll.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...time-to-adjust-the-game.331775/#post-10877121

If the game could get some actual adjustments and some SERIOUS attention, then there could be some resurgence. People are understandably upset by having to wait for features that already existed in GT5. Any feature improvement in the game since launch has been mildly impactful at best (gauges, paint enabled calipers).

PD really has their head up their own backside on this one. I still play often, but I can see the party thinning out GREATLY over the next year. Good rooms are getting harder and harder to find.

I myself can still find stuff to occupy me with in GT6, but I see more and more of my fellow racers move on to PS4 and Project Cars and it saddens me a bit. So I'd say, no, it's not the end, but it's beginning to be a mess, because the course maker (and the FIA Championship to some extent) was the one big thing that was bound to keep people occupied within GT6 to bide their time until GT7. Of course, there's nothing PD or Sony really gain by keeping people playing GT6, unless it's not the PS4 they move on to, but a PC or XBOne and Forza. It might not be that easy to win back those people to change platform once more when GT7 comes out.

What makes me feel somewhat frustrated though, is that if the course maker is indeed delayed by PD/Sony neither for technical nor marketing reasons (as Famine said it), then it apparently is not a decision that is in their hands, but is totally up to someone else. And in that case I really have to ask how they got themselves into that mess, not being able to release something that is apparently ready, way overdue and sorely needed by its community.

I just play GT5 again.

Its slow and looks less dignified on gameplay. Plus the AI that even more suckish. But the FPS is great and omg that soothing menu music and slideshow. Plus the race soundtrack that very early 2010ish. The course maker, limited but mandated by license and works actually well. Plus it feels more like home compared to the much lighter feel app like GT6.

Oh yeah, the GT5 Spec 2 intro. Best intro not just GT series, but probably the whole GAME.

Just sharing my feeling. Its just feel so long since we get our GT5. Numerous people reviled it for some reasons. But for me it feel perfect and made me smile.

Not to say GT6 suck. It actually better in a way. But the fact that the GT5 to GT6 is perhaps the smallest margin of features for all GT series for years plus the cut down to be released soon features and missing photomode locations is probably why most people including myself has been lost the "magic" touch from GT. Not to mention that perhaps the 2007-2012 is probably the golden age for PD. Now their activity are getting lesser.

I myself can still find stuff to occupy me with in GT6, but I see more and more of my fellow racers move on to PS4 and Project Cars and it saddens me a bit. So I'd say, no, it's not the end, but it's beginning to be a mess, because the course maker (and the FIA Championship to some extent) was the one big thing that was bound to keep people occupied within GT6 to bide their time until GT7. Of course, there's nothing PD or Sony really gain by keeping people playing GT6, unless it's not the PS4 they move on to, but a PC or XBOne and Forza. It might not be that easy to win back those people to change platform once more when GT7 comes out.

What makes me feel somewhat frustrated though, is that if the course maker is indeed delayed by PD/Sony neither for technical nor marketing reasons (as Famine said it), then it apparently is not a decision that is in their hands, but is totally up to someone else. And in that case I really have to ask how they got themselves into that mess, not being able to release something that is apparently ready, way overdue and sorely needed by its community.

I simply don't think it is ready . Not technical means not being held back by the hardware limitations. Marketing reasons would be to coincide with competing with an Xbox release of somesort . Not PDs style ....

I don't believe one iota in it being completed ... Still . I think PD should offer the fanbase a public apology for their false promises and failure . Because that has just what GT6 has been. An epic failure of both sales and customer relations .

Who will be eager to rush out and buy the next GT after having to wait almost two years , ( and its still not here yet ) for vapourware course maker, being as it was one of the big reasons to buy GT6 in the first place ?

Who actually believes a word Kaz actually says anymore with all the empty promises and numerous delays that he has delivered ?

And ultimately, will anyone believe him when he says , ( and you know he will ) that some features won't be available for 7 at launch, they will be added at a later date due to " Reasons " ?

If anyone pre orders GT7 and will blindly believe kaz now then they are a complete fool 👍

ovry6.jpg

;)

I simply don't think it is ready . Not technical means not being held back by the hardware limitations. Marketing reasons would be to coincide with competing with an Xbox release of somesort . Not PDs style ....

I don't believe one iota in it being completed ... Still . I think PD should offer the fanbase a public apology for their false promises and failure . Because that has just what GT6 has been. An epic failure of both sales and customer relations .

Who will be eager to rush out and buy the next GT after having to wait almost two years , ( and its still not here yet ) for vapourware course maker, being as it was one of the big reasons to buy GT6 in the first place ?

Who actually believes a word Kaz actually says anymore with all the empty promises and numerous delays that he has delivered ?

And ultimately, will anyone believe him when he says , ( and you know he will ) that some features won't be available for 7 at launch, they will be added at a later date due to " Reasons " ?

If anyone pre orders GT7 and will blindly believe kaz now then they are a complete fool 👍

Some people focus more on the game, and what they have got, than what they don't have, and their relationship (or lack of) with the developer. I like GT6, so I will buy GT7... I won't pre-order, I never do, I'll just buy it when it's released.

Human Drama, there is too much of it!

I have no problem with Polyphony Digital.

And I will pre-order Gran Turismo 7 as soon as it is possible.

460326tumblrneq6qk6ehR1tbsyeeo1250.gif

I used to think exactly like that and I understand the frustration (if I read correct) very well. But I have learned that Kaz is Kaz or that PD is PD. They do their stuff their way and keep doing so. If Sony had no faith in PD they wouldn't have been around anymore and for me it has become less and less of a frustration.

PD are making GT7. I will simply see what they have to offer before I buy. Due to GT5 and GT6 PD the bar has been set much higher (in terms of acceptance) by the community I am pretty sure that PD knows very well where they have fallen short. It's up to them to convince us of their new product and win us back.

Meanwhile I hope for the people that still actively play GT6, that soon it will be completed with the CM. It's a bit of a struggle due to many reasons we only can speculate about.

We'll have to wait and see :)

Some people focus more on the game, and what they have got, than what they don't have, and their relationship (or lack of) with the developer. I like GT6, so I will buy GT7... I won't pre-order, I never do, I'll just buy it when it's released.

Human Drama, there is too much of it!

Quite . I see the bigger picture and when the waiter brings me my meal but doesn't bring the side dish I ordered , then I rightly speak up about it .

I have no problem with Polyphony Digital.

And I will pre-order Gran Turismo 7 as soon as it is possible.

460326tumblrneq6qk6ehR1tbsyeeo1250.gif

See my post you quoted for your reply 👍

I used to think exactly like that and I understand the frustration (if I read correct) very well. But I have learned that Kaz is Kaz or that PD is PD. They do their stuff their way and keep doing so. If Sony had no faith in PD they wouldn't have been around anymore and for me it has become less and less of a frustration.

PD are making GT7. I will simply see what they have to offer before I buy. Due to GT5 and GT6 PD the bar has been set much higher (in terms of acceptance) by the community I am pretty sure that PD knows very well where they have fallen short. It's up to them to convince us of their new product and win us back.

Meanwhile I hope for the people that still actively play GT6, that soon it will be completed with the CM. It's a bit of a struggle due to many reasons we only can speculate about.

We'll have to wait and see :)

Nah it's not frustration , just sheer disbelief in that some of the community willfully accept being ignored by PD and gladly accept what little half finished product they receive . See Zlorks post for typical '' gladly accept whatever i'm given then i'll go back for more'' mentality :)

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not really having fun anymore on GT and I am out of patience with PD. Just waiting on a new, better game to take me off of it.

You cant have the freedom like in modnation racers because then the owner of course license will complain.

Say some people creates Sebring out of the creator. The owner of the Sebring license will complain since PD currently didnt have one.

You cant have the freedom like in modnation racers because then the owner of course license will complain.

Say some people creates Sebring out of the creator. The owner of the Sebring license will complain since PD currently didnt have one.

I wonder if they complain about this?

Back