Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,688 comments
A slightly more militant religion, but a religion nonetheless. Occasional fundamentalists and whack-jobs, but no more than any other religious group.

It's a religion, the teachings can be slightly more conducive to fanaticism, but for the most part it's peaceful. The problems with a lot of islamic countries are less to do with the religion and more to do with socioeconomic issues.

Not a fan of religion myself but each to their own.

Like anything, its not really the religion that is the problem in most cases just that some people choose to interpret the religion that they believe in their own way or the way of a particular group, which in the case of extremism gives any religion a bad name and makes these people do some terrible things in the name of said religion.

It's a religion, the teachings can be slightly more conducive to fanaticism, but for the most part it's peaceful. The problems with a lot of islamic countries are less to do with the religion and more to do with socioeconomic issues.

I agree with most of this, however one thing that contributed to the problems with modern Islamic nations is this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali

He basically said science was evil and that people should pray instead.

Exorcet
I agree with most of this, however one thing that contributed to the problems with modern Islamic nations is this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali

He basically said science was evil and that people should pray instead.

Well yeah, that's kinda what I mean. The problems in a lot of muslim countries are more to do with an uneducated and poor populace, rather than the religion itself.

Danny
A slightly more militant religion, but a religion nonetheless. Occasional fundamentalists and whack-jobs, but no more than any other religious group.

Care to explain...

Noob616

What he said.

PAPPACLART

Like anything, its not really the religion that is the problem in most cases just that some people choose to interpret the religion that they believe in their own way or the way of a particular group, which in the case of extremism gives any religion a bad name and makes these people do some terrible things in the name of said religion.

👍

hogger129
Not a religion of peace.

Read the comment above.

People should stop saying Islam is not a religion of peace.

Just cause their are a few idiots who worship it does not make it evil.

What about christianity?

How many wars have been started because some group did not worship the christian god?

Care to explain...

Oh, okay then. I pretty much said this.

Hyland
Islam is no different from the two remaining Abrahamic religions. It's dumb, intellectually dishonest and nonsense written all over it.

Find me one contradiction or error in the quran. This is a bet. Noone has found anything wrong in it. If you can, i'll give you a high five if I ever see you face to face....

Ridox2JZGTE
Be a Buddhist, no wars, no hate, just love and peace.

Im guessing publicity of the burma massacre is low in america? Buddhists slaughtering muslims in burma....but ofcourse this wont be publicised much, its not the muslims that are killing...If it were the muslims killing buddhists then it would be on every news channel. The headlines would be 'muslim terrorists!!' Here in UK all we got is one BBC article about it, and even then they still blame the muslims for their fate.

Find me one contradiction or error in the quran. This is a bet. Noone has found anything wrong in it. If you can, i'll give you a high five if I ever see you face to face....
Error? Here's a big one for ya' ; God.

Creation myth. Pretty similar to Christianity isn't it?

Back