What's your go-to car?

• Thread starter Chrisssss
  • 45 comments
I use one of the 2 versions of the Mazda LM55 any chance I get. The handling is great, it's super fast, and it sips fuel. Every race I enter with it is easy money.
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo.jpg

Oddly I haven't been messing around with the road cars much since I barely have time to play. When I do play I usually run a Sport Race or two per night. I usually end up using the WRX GR3 car. Some have said I'd enjoy the Gr4 daily races as well, but, for some reason I always default to the GR3 categories.

Attachments

• 18a9ce3e2545bcef009792afcc0d8e11_thumb_l_x2.jpg
    18a9ce3e2545bcef009792afcc0d8e11_thumb_l_x2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 6
XJ9R - The Jag is the quickest for be (about 2 seconds a lap around Sardenga)
R92CP - Safest handling - Best grip in corners
787B - Nicest blend of handling and safety, and most economical

... I've also won the Spa 1,000,000 with each of them
That reminds me, the Spa grind:
I now use the Zonda (I've always called it the excitement machine since the GT6 days)
... at 725pp on softs, so every other tyre choice in the pits lowers the effective PP even more.

Good challenge. Consistency is key.

For gr.b I like the Nsx.
Gr.3 is either the 2018 gtr or the beetle, but mostly the beetle.
Gr.4 is only the 458 Italia
Gr.2, probably the 2000s Gtr or the Lexus Rcf
Gr.1, I like the Hyundai Vgt
My go-to hypercar is the Laferrari
Go-to Vgt is the Gti.

Just for driving around my favourite is either the Detomaso Pantera (max tuned) or the Idr

Depends on the situation of course, road cars;the NSX, baby. Race cars, 911 RSR and R92CP as often as I can just for the pure sound of it all ❤️

Jerome

I've got a Ferrari F430 tuned to exactly 700pp that has 613 bhp, weighs 1165kg and has unbelievable turning, grip and is very forgiving. It will also do 3 laps on FM6 at Le Mans without refuelling - and will hit 190mph on the first straight (on FM6).

The same tune easily wins all the 700pp events on hard level (Le Mans, Brands Hatch, Autopolis and Laguna Seca).

Last edited:
Gr3: BMW M6 Endurance.
Gr4: varies

But for when I'm doing single player it's mostly the following:

Porsche 904 (especially for LeMans race)
Custom Race at Spa (weather): Pantera with a Coyote Engine. My custom roster includes Sarah-N-Tuned Mr. Dos (suped up) B. O'Connor (Supra) J. Bond (Aston One-77) and a bunch of other bits.

Overall, however my go-to car is my 1984 Ferrari GTO. That's for time trials, Racing Sophy, whatever I can . . . and always in stock format.

‘02 R34 Nurburgring edition with the engine swap and Praiano’s tune. Perfect car. It does 4 laps on fm1 in Le Mans with sub 3:57 times
One road car you can use in WTC800 events.... the R33 can also be tuned to perform similarly

Last edited:
Back