What's your go-to car?

• Thread starter Chrisssss
  • 45 comments
Pagani Huayra , very fast hypercar but nothing crazy, most beautiful hypercar in my opinion
Porsche Vision, gnarly accelaration, good control, very good visibility. Only con is that is a e-car.
Ferrari Vision, if I want to destroy the completion, insanely fast, very stable. Sometimes I think it's look good sometimes I think it looks too bulky. .

F50 for me. A couple bolt on power parts and racing mediums gets you to 700PP and a vey pleasant drive around Le Sarthe. Max it out and it will get to about 800PP. Amazing sound, nice gauge cluster that can be read in all lighting conditions. Surprisingly decent on fuel for a NA V12.

For grinding, just the Aston VGT, I've put way too many miles at Tokyo on that car. But I've gotten exceptionally bored of the event.

For fun, the MP4/4. I can't get enough of driving that car, it's just so satisfying in VR.

Came up with a really fun 1v1 race with a friend the other week that's been one of my favorites in recent memory, it's a blast. If you have the car and looking for a fun track + car combo, feel free to give it a shot.

MP4/4
Tokyo Central Counterclockwise
Latest time of day possible (midnight I think?)
23 laps
RS / RM mandatory
8x tire degradation
4x fuel consumption
Light wall collision penalty
Pit line crossing penalty
Real settings for slipstream and grip

Once you get the line down, it's incredibly satisfying to push the vehicle, and the wall penalty really enforces that you figure out the line and don't take advantage of wall riding.

Grinding:

700PP - Escudo when I feel like getting a easy Le Mans win

Main grinding, 800PP:
R92CP as it's the fastest car for me, faster than the 787B and Sauber C9, the latter of which is terrible on tires.
Or 97 F1 GTR as I feel it's better handling than the CLK-LM but I use the R92 95% of the time.

Custom races:
Sauber C9 if Gr.1 cars are involved, but everything else is primarily the CLK-LM until/if we get a CLK-GTR at some point then it will switch to that for everything from 700PP+.

Honest, if it was some new track or layout, probably the Raptor. My daily driver is very similar to that. I drive a 2013 F-150 STX 4x4 with all three option packages and a SuperCab (2+2 seating). The biggest difference is when I turn around with the PSVR2 I wonder where all my fishing poles and my bow went. 😂
Other trustworthy cars...
The 787B, any older Formula 1 car, right now the 917k, any variant of the 99 GT-R 500, the 1990 R32, the 78 Trans Am, an 02 RX-7, or just whatever I feel like driving.
All those Porches they handed out last month are getting used. I've run Herbie with and without the Porsche engine.
I'm also liking the Audi e-tron VGT.
Attached: my daily driver.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_164316229_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220527_164316229_HDR.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What's your go-to car?
Depends on the context.

Group C: Mercedes-Sauber C9
LMP1-H: Porsche 919
Super GT GT500 2016: Nissan GT-R
GT1: Mercedes CLK-LM
GT3/Group 3: Mercedes AMG GT3 '20
GT4/Group 4: GT by Citroen Gr.4
600PP WTC race on Tokyo: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640-4
70's Sports Car: De Tomaso Pantera
Modern Hypercar: Aston Martin Valkyrie
JDM Icon: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
Fully Tuned Supercar: Ferrari F40

For grinding when I don't feel like experimenting for Sardegna any group C car for LeMans Aston Martin VGT.
Just driving MR2 or Tuscan Speed Six are among my favorites

For making money? Tomahawk S. Whatever it can enter, it shall be entered in.

Last edited:
For Group 3 the 2018 GTR.
I agree but for some reason that I can’t explain, I might still prefer the 2013 version.
I think I’m the only person that uses it in Sport mode these days. (Maybe that’s why).
It’s definitely a tad slower but I seem to handle it better.

1. Nissan Fairlady Z34 '08
My first purchase after the initial car you need to buy to get started. Dark blue metallic with widened body, A front, side and rear, and low custom wing. I also turbo charged the engine. It wasn't really on my radar in the beginning, but it has grown on me a lot through a bunch of races. Love this beauty!

2. Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 (the regular and the Clubsport, depending on race requirements)
I always dreamt of owning a Porsche. Can't afford it in real life, so got one as soon as credits allowed... 😏 I prefer the Cayman over the 911, because its handling is just so perfect. Sits amazingly well in corners and although there are faster cars in top speed, it accelerates so solidly.

All cars are tuned with additional sports or racing tyres, brakes, suspension, exhausts and all that.

I actually bought the Cayman road car twice, because I tried tuning the first one with all the possible changes to make the car body lighter. Unfortunately, that changed its stability in corners a lot... Oh well, the price you pay for learning the hard way. 😅

3. Honourable mention: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18
Although I'd much rather drive any Mustang instead, this Camaro has an amazingly stable handling on all those US circuits. And it's just ridiculously fast for its PP class.

Last edited:
For grinding at Spa the RS5, 2016 nissan gtr and lexus gt500. At Le Mans, the Alpine A220 although I'm testing several swapped cars and the swapped Skyline R34, 370Z, Supra and Mitsubishi GTO are pretty good.
For fun, I prefer FR cars like the BMW M2 Competition or AMG GTR (both normal and Black series) I really enjoy the AMG GTR at the Nordschleife

Grinding:

700PP - Escudo when I feel like getting a easy Le Mans win

Main grinding, 800PP:
R92CP as it's the fastest car for me, faster than the 787B and Sauber C9, the latter of which is terrible on tires.
Or 97 F1 GTR as I feel it's better handling than the CLK-LM but I use the R92 95% of the time.

Custom races:
Sauber C9 if Gr.1 cars are involved, but everything else is primarily the CLK-LM until/if we get a CLK-GTR at some point then it will switch to that for everything from 700PP+.
Hi,

I spent a couple of days last month tuning these three cars and I find the 787B, R92CP and the Jag XJ9R all very similar at 800pp. Admittedly I have them set up to be about the same. Each had a bit of a plus point:-
XJ9R - The Jag is the quickest for be (about 2 seconds a lap around Sardenga)
R92CP - Safest handling - Best grip in corners
787B - Nicest blend of handling and safety, and most economical

They all win easily on hard at the 800pp Sardegna grind, with one pitstop
They also rule around one of my other favorite 800pp races at Dragons Tail
I've also won the Spa 1,000,000 with each of them

I got bored and moved on to some historic tunes, but am looking forward to going back to these cars and refining them at some of the other 800pp events

Probably the Porsche 962C if I had to choose just one car. It’s one of the quickest cars in the game and I love how it sounds, looks, and drives plus it’s a proven money maker for the grind events. I bought 10 for the Firm Favorite trophy since I like it so much heh. It’s also got quite the history in motorsport.

Latest Posts

Back