It Looks Like Leipzig's Porsche Experience Centre is Coming to Project CARS 2

latest

Let's hope we get all of these

If that is same track than in Real Racing 3, I dislike that track very much. In RR3 track is quite narrow and when equal performance cars, very difficult to overtake anyone.

If that is same track than in Real Racing 3, I dislike that track very much. In RR3 track is quite narrow and when equal performance cars, very difficult to overtake anyone.

Yeah it’s the one from RR3 and i don’t like it there either. But so many tracks in RR3 are just wrong, take Bathurst for example. And the graphics and lighting (if any) in RR3 are just dull.

Even if it’s the same track, bringing it to PCARS 2 with better graphics, full weather and day/night cycle will be a lot better for sure.

Also DLC #3 is rumoured to be Ferrari Focussed and include the Ferrari private test track so it’s cool to have both then.

And DLC #4 supposed to be Classic Le Mans and cars focussing on that.

We'd never of known since people have been racing round it in PCARS 2 for a week :D

Are the other layouts in as well? In RR3 I like the one going over the hill. But from that “leak” list from the news post it seems there is only one.

When I was on the TT leaderboards on the official WMD portal it appeared to be only one layout.

As you can see all other tracks with multiple layouts have a drop down and then the Porsche track only has one drop down.

Should of read the article before jumping straight to the conversation. Didn't realize I got kudos for this. And now I'm out here being repetitive. Oops, lol

Aside from RR3 the only other game that I remember the Leipzig test track was in was NFS Pro Street back in 07 and that was a DLC track.

I rarely test/race without AI on the track. The only one I have tested solo, was on the AMG ice track. This track, will bring back memories of Gran Turismo 3 in the Ruf RGT, around the Test Course.

Whether it will be enjoyable to drive or not isn't the point. It's not expanding the track roster in a way that makes a whole lot of sense.
It's a track. It's Porsche's test track, included in a Porsche DLC pack, in a game with a bunch of Porsches. Some people are happy to have it (I am, I've always been curious about Leipzig). What the hell more does it need to "make sense"?

It's a track. It's Porsche's test track, included in a Porsche DLC pack, in a game with a bunch of Porsches.

Yes, and comparable to including Fiorano in Ferrari DLC. No thanks.

Some people are happy to have it (I am, I've always been curious about Leipzig). What the hell more does it need to "make sense"?

That's fine, but what more does it need to expand the track roster in a way that makes sense? More than one single purpose and neutrality. As I implied above, Leipzig won't inspire immersive races in the same way that most other tracks in the game do. Test tracks typically aren't used for racing but race tracks are frequently used for testing. As for neutrality, driving anything but Porsche models at Leipzig probably isn't going to feel right.

That's fine, but what more does it need to expand the track roster in a way that makes sense? More than one single purpose and neutrality. As I implied above, Leipzig won't inspire immersive races in the same way that most other tracks in the game do. Test tracks typically aren't used for racing but race tracks are frequently used for testing.
It's a videogame. We can do anything the game allows us to do. You can race at Leipzig if you want to, or you can reserve it for testing, practice, or just driving for fun, if you feel it's "not immersive" to use a testing track for a race.

I sometimes run races at Mojave. I sometimes race at Azure Coast -- that's not even a track at all. I sometimes drive historic tracks in cars that didn't exist at the time (gasp!!). I intend to do whatever I want at Leipzig, not just testing. The game does not limit us in such a way.

As for neutrality, driving anything but Porsche models at Leipzig probably isn't going to feel right.
:odd:

Nice first time I’ll get to drive this since bombing around it in ProStreet with the 997 GT3. So I’m betting the Le Mans pack will be old Le Mans and Ferrari will be Maranello

I sometimes run races at Mojave. I sometimes race at Azure Coast -- that's not even a track at all. I sometimes drive historic tracks in cars that didn't exist at the time (gasp!!). I intend to do whatever I want at Leipzig, not just testing. The game does not limit us in such a way.

Guess what? I never drive Mojave and Azure Coast, or California Highway for that matter. I never drive modern cars at classic Monza or classic Silverstone. I never drive cars at the karting tracks. I once took one of the LMP cars to one of the rally tracks just to see if the game would allow it. I won't do it again.

I'm first and foremost someone who likes simulating things that actually happen or has happened in the world of motorsport. I have no desire to let my imagination run wild in the sandbox.

Do you really like role playing and that world of things? It seems like you really enjoy role playing as a race car driver. 👍

Do you really like role playing and that world of things? It seems like you really enjoy role playing as a race car driver. 👍

I don't think of it as role playing, but simulation is for me not just a matter of realistic physics and authentic models. Immersing myself in something that isn't far-fetched gives the simulation a better sense of validity and purpose. I have other titles to play when the not so serious mood strikes.

We'd never of known since people have been racing round it in PCARS 2 for a week :D

Are the other layouts in as well? In RR3 I like the one going over the hill. But from that “leak” list from the news post it seems there is only one.

How many layouts there is? Layout in video isn't any of those, which is real(main) layout?

latest

Let's hope we get all of these

Last edited:
How many layouts there is? Layout in video isn't any of those, which is real(main) layout?

Top left is the main layout and also the one from the PCARS 2 video linked earlier. It's also one in RR3. Actually RR3 has 3 circuits in total:

on-road circuit - long (3.7 km):

on-road circuit - short (2.2 km):

dynamic circuit (2.25 km):

Been long since I played RR3 but I remember that dynamic layout was a very confusing layout (in RR3 at least) but fun. I believe it also went over a straight line hill (not a jump IIRC but your suspension in PCARS 2 sure should feel it) and it has a Nordschleife karrousel thingy in it. :)

The must-have layouts are IMO the 2 main layouts: the on-road long (= grosse kurs) and the shorter variant going over the corkscrew (= fun hilly part and like a mini Laguna Seca corkscrew). Anything else is a bonus but I would really love to see that dynamic circuit from RR3 as well.

That parabolica from DesertPenguin's link was not in RR3, would that be a mini Monza classic banking? :)

Here is the aerial view of the circuit:

Teaser_Handling2.jpg

All things together I welcome this circuit in PCARS 2 (hopefully with enough track variants) because no other console racing game did it before so it will feel very fresh. But judging from my RR3 memories of this track it doesn't really feel like a racing circuit to me, more like a "racing theme park" because of its many technical sections and not really a cohesive flow feeling if you know what I mean. It will be fun to try out different cars on it, it will be fun to hotlap on it, but for racing I have my doubts. There are many other real racing circuits I much rather had seen in PCARS 2 but alas, it is what it is. The one positive thing that the Porsche Leipzig track has are its many different layouts and combinations so let's hope PCARS 2 delivers on that and we won't just get the main layout!

edit - this is why it feels like a racing theme park :)
DW4sgG0XkAAi5EK.jpg:large

Last edited:
Top left is the main layout and also the one from the PCARS 2 video linked earlier. It's also one in RR3. Actually RR3 has 3 ci
Porsche Leipzig track has are its many different layouts and combinations so let's hope PCARS 2 delivers on that and we won't just get the main layout!

Top left is different layout which is shown on video, video has spped loop layout "Loews" corner, but on image there's tighter corner instead.

That's reason for my curiosity, still don't know which is official layout.. Starting Google search for this now.. :)
Edit: result of Google search: SMS has made hybrid track, not real layout. :indiff:

Last edited:
Back