It's been swell F1 Championship Edition

This game has actually been getting a good chunk of time in PS3 lately as I'm excited to play an F1 game. Will still probably play it from time to time for some of the older tracks that F1 no longer visits as well as the old school cars.

Last edited:
F1:CE is a game that should not be forgotten. It's served F1 fans for over 3 years now and has served them proudly.

F1:CE is a game that should not be forgotten. It's served F1 fans for over 3 years now and has served them proudly.

Just had a quick race on Monza at 20% race distance. Thrilling as ever. I plan to get F1 2010, but will still go back to this one every now and again.👍

F1:CE is better than F1 2010.

Really? Now that's interesting. Anybody else agree? I will not pass judgement till I have actually played F1 2010, but as I said in another thread I have a pal who loves F1, and played F1:CE constantly. It was his favourite PS3 game and practically the only one he played on the console.
Even he says that F1 2010 is better, in most respects. He says that the game's only downfall is the visuals when compared to the crisp smoothness of F1:CE.

Int erms of graphics 2010 is better, but raikkonen being in the game ce is better.

Weather is great in ce, but looks bad compared to 2010, wihhc looks brilliant until you compare it with GT5, at which time it looks like a half arsed attempt at it.

Yes, the AI does follow the line relgiously and always crashes into you if you try to go defensive or aggresive on something and that is anoying... and yes they are more moving chicanes than actual competitors, and yes the lap times are not at all related to the real season.

BUT

F1 2010 currently has more bugs than ce's quirks. And since we are used to ce and the ce quirks aren't as big, I will still prefer ce.

In my opinion the anoying spastic hands when using a controller rather than wheel is anoying, and the pit bug that can bring you in 5th and send you out 15th ruins all fun in the race. I also prefer teh handling model of ce better than 2010.

2010 also has the live the life bit, and if you like that then 2010 is better for you probably, but I'm not a big fan. My main complaints are no saftey car and stupid rev limiters in f1ce, but they are still in 2010, so its not as if what I hate has even gone.

I''m all for a new game but I prefer the quirks that I know how to get around and play with over the youve finished 8th... but YOUVE WON!!!, and then someone hits you and its counted as your crash.

And hence, I also prefer F1CE over F1 2010.

Hopefully f1 2011 will be alot better.

Note: my opinion... don't get angry if you disagree..

No not at all. Want as much feedback as possible before I actually make decision whether to get F1 2010 or not. I, too loved F1:CE and thought it always was the best racing PS3 had to offer.
By the way, your spelling could do with some work, mate!

Truth be told.. I haven't bought it yet either.... BUT before everyone yells at me.. I have played it quite a bit... on a 360..

A patch if aparently officially on the way, and I believe that MAY sway my vote if it removes the errors. The graphics look much better. Yes they are more artsy than F1CE, but they are more detailed and less 'blocky' (i.e. you can see line goes from ehre to here and then here to here like a petagon when its meant to look like a curve).

Spelling = good
quick typing with cold hands = horible mate. Also added spaces after the start of a word. It's still cold in australia :(

Truth be told.. I haven't bought it yet either.... BUT before everyone yells at me.. I have played it quite a bit... on a 360..

A patch if aparently officially on the way, and I believe that MAY sway my vote if it removes the errors. The graphics look much better. Yes they are more artsy than F1CE, but they are more detailed and less 'blocky' (i.e. you can see line goes from ehre to here and then here to here like a petagon when its meant to look like a curve).

Spelling = good
quick typing with cold hands = horible mate. Also added spaces after the start of a word. It's still cold in australia :(

How cold's.. cold? :D

Im in melbourne where it has been bar one day 16 or so degrees C for ages. The hotest day for 180 days or something occured this week.. 20 degrees.. and then back down... so sad.

Not quite sure where you live.. but I'm used to it being mid 20's right now, and then building up into 30's for end of november and then hitting it 30's, a few 20's and a quite a few 40's in summer.

+ late a night.. all cold. Can't type as fast as I think so i make errors.. like that i rather than an I.

So you don't actually have central heating or anything? I'm picturing someone with a woolly hat and pompom sitting in a little room, big coat, gloves, hot water bottle strapped to his belly, and everytime you exhale and cloud of breath hits your computer screen.
Sorry this is going off-topic.

F1 2010 looks like a dirty toilet bowl. F1:CE really has some colour, rather than everything being a shade of brown. F1:CE wasn't exactly an amazing thing with physics, it was all understeer, and the penalties in F1:CE really did frustrate me(the rule is at least 2 wheels on track, dammit, but it just gave out penalties for going over it too much for the game's comfort, whether you spun out over it, or the AI pushed you over it), and it doesn't get full marks for AI either(many times i've locked wheels with the AI, and been stuck there locked with it until we get black flagged, because the guy doesn't try to break free, but instead is turning into you, trying to get back on the racing line, and they crawl along on the racing line when their car is damaged at slow speeds getting back ot the pits, and you ram into them while leading :ouch: ), but it's a game that you could play for a lifetime, or at least for another year until F1 2011 comes out to fix all problems people have with F1 2010. I can't say it's better than F1 2010, because I don't have F1 2010 yet :(, but it's a game that should be in our memories for years to come, as it's one of the best, and among the best in quality, racing games that have ever existed.

no... we have heating... my hands are just cold though. It goes off when the first goes to sleep so it had been off for a few hours, hey I have bad circulation.. don't sure why. I guess Im just too long and skinny and my b lood can't be stuffed getting to my fingures.

I can't play piano late at night either (i'm a muso by the way)... or really play games late either..

no... we have heating... my hands are just cold though. It goes off when the first goes to sleep so it had been off for a few hours, hey I have bad circulation.. don't sure why. I guess Im just too long and skinny and my b lood can't be stuffed getting to my fingures.

I can't play piano late at night either (i'm a muso by the way)... or really play games late either..

Jeez you sound like you're having a swell time over there. Thought Australia was supposed to be a warm sunny country? Want me to send you some winter woollies?

ahaha... nah GT5 will do me fine :) but by then it will be warm and ill be playing a game inside...why cant they release it like sensible people in say april?

Thanks to global warming we have just had the coolest winter in about 14 years aparently or close to the coldest in 14 years. Luckily all the 360 owners will burn there 360's for insurance money and then buy ps3s when the see gt5 so well get warmer soon.

We're usually pretty warm. We don't really get snow.. or atleast not unless your up a mountain. It'll get warm soon.

And this warmth is the same feeling I have for f1ce... (getting back on topic with a nice link), i know its foybols and its nice and can be challenging (just finally getting a proper hang of no abs... taken a little while, most tracks i have struggled to get close to my normal laptimes with no abs, but now I'm getting back to smashing hard ai without abs).. good fun.

Thanks to global warming we have just had the coolest winter in about 14 years aparently or close to the coldest in 14 years.

So what was the excuse 14 years ago.....?

Back