It's Official: Forza Motorsport 7 Won't Have Production Toyota Cars

Toyota Motor Corporation president Akio Toyoda
I felt that it was very unfortunate when I heard that Porsche decided to withdraw from the LMP1 category of the FIA World Endurance Championship racing series.

Pretty ironic that Porsche is now all over racing games. I'm not implying a connection, just pointing out a depressing coincidence.

I honestly wonder if they could exploit the whole "production cars are out" thing and toss in some tuned versions of their cars, like the TRD 3000GT instead of the Supra, or the Do-Luck Supra, or the Top Secret 0-300 Supra. The list goes on and on.

I am still excited for Forza 7. It's the only car game I'm interested. The news does leave a bittersweet taste though, but it kinda helps to know it's not the developers fault. And it's really just three cars I will miss dearly. Although it is almost certain Lexus will not be in the game either, I do hope it does, even in future DLC. The Soarer will (sort of) make a decent replacement for the Supra.

Having VW again will ease the pain though. Can't wait to drive my MK3 Golf again.

No Toyota = no Lexus.

No Lexus = no LFA.

No LFA = :(
All these people angry about Toyota not being in the game and then there's me, silently crying in the corner about the loss of Lexus :(

Audi and the rest of the VAG brand lineup was in Horizon 3 despite VW themselves being gone, I wouldn't throw the towel in regarding Lexus just yet.

(Unless Lexus was also named in not being included and I just didn't see it :dunce:)

No Toyota = no Lexus.

No Lexus = no LFA.

No LFA = :(

You sir, are bad at math. :P

FH3 had an announcement about no VW. Yet all the other marques from VAG (Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini) weren't affected — hell, Lambo was the cover star.

I'm not saying Lexus is definitely in (in fact, it wasn't in the list these week either), but I don't want to rule it out quite yet. Mostly because I'll be very disappointed if I can't drive the LC500 in any racing game for another two years.

I don't personally care a tiny bit aboutvToyota. I'm about another manufacturer currently being absent from another game in development. Now, to make you understand my point better: I never liked Microsoft, XBox or Forza as brands, but I did decide to spend a ridiculous amount of money, buying a console, forza6 and horizon, xboxlive, some dlc and a TMX wheel.. all that only to be able to drive the few cars of MY favourite manufacturer. I never used any other car, do not care about career races, livery editor etc. I spent all that money for a couple of cars. That's dedication! And that's why I can understand the many Toyota enthusiasts who are disappointed, who were waiting for a new game from a developer they like and to drive their favourite marque in the game.

I think it's safe to say you're not the average person then, Flaco. Not many people will drop that amount on a single marque. Admittedly, my Xbox is more or less for Forza only (PS4 is my preferred non-racing game platform), but I recognize I'm a fringe example.

And, Slipztrem, I do believe there's a significant portion of people feeling that way. Maybe some will stop racing games altogether! Or switch to PC where its possible to drive their brands via mods!

There ARE people who are very dedicated to one or few brands, it's cool there are those more open to any brand, and of course the absence of a particular brand won't affect them much, but they need also understand the disappointment of those dedicated guys.

Fair enough, I just don't believe they make up a significant chunk of the game's potential userbase.

Also, don't double-post, that's what the Edit and +Quote buttons are for. 👍

The Toyota Supra is my favorite car of all time, and while this news doesn't deter me from buying what still may be the best racing title this generation, it is certainly disappointing nonetheless.

Hopefully Toyota will realize just how much love we have for their sports car heritage and will rethink future decisions regarding the same issue.

Not on PC... :(
I never owned a Forza game but I was planing on jumping from GT to Forza because GTS car selection doesn't convice me enough to buy a PS4 and FM7 will be launched on PC.
Keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of a DLC...
My sentiments exactly. Just souped up my old PC that's been gathering dust since GT4, upgraded my GPU to a GTX1060 SC $260, CPU to a i7 980X $120 with Arctic Cooler $30. Gave my DFGT wheel away and replaced with Fanatec CSW V2 wheel, CS Shifter and Elite CSL LC pedals $$$
DemFailsMoney.gif
Sony and PD are not going to see my ass for a long long time.

I don't even play Forza, 'nor will I be getting Forza 7. But this is ridiculous! Didn't expect to hear such a thing.

Yeah same here but indeed still sad news. With VW back and Porsche in from day one this could finally have been the most complete car collection launch title of the new console generation. Well it still is but sure with a big dent in it. Let's hope it gets sorted out for FH4 and that the 2000GT, MR2 and Supra are back in then because FH4 I do plan to buy. :)

I can somewhat understand Toyota for not wanting their cars "modified" in games (whatever modified means, maybe they mean visible damage, cars being painted on or things like the Forza aero, or performance upgrades). On the other hand I also hope that they realize the next generation of potential Toyota car buyers are playing the games of today and one would question if keeping their road cars out is a smart move then...

Last edited:
Very disappointing news. For whatever reason Toyota have gotten all snobby about licensing their road cars, then the issue clearly lies at their feet and not with T10.

FH3 had an announcement about no VW. Yet all the other marques from VAG (Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini) weren't affected — hell, Lambo was the cover star.

Isn't Lexus a luxury division of Toyota? The VAG seems more like cluster of different marques streamlined under one umbrella.

This quote from the WIR pretty much gives it away as a problem on Toyota's end:

"Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners."

Totally. :boggled:

Last edited:

I'm not saying Lexus is definitely in (in fact, it wasn't in the list these week either), but I don't want to rule it out quite yet. Mostly because I'll be very disappointed if I can't drive the LC500 in any racing game for another two years.
My two cents : Lexus is Toyota when Audi is just a brand of VAG. I guess that Lexus and Toyota share the same philosophy, policy... The link is much stronger between Lexus and Toyota than Audi and Vag.

This quote from the WIR pretty much gives it away as a problem on Toyota's end:

"Unfortunately it isn’t always possible to align the interests of fans and the interests of our manufacturing partners."

I mean, that isn't terribly surprising. Despite what some of the... more interesting individuals on our FB page seem to think, it's highly unlikely that T10 were the ones that said "no thanks, we're good".

Isn't Lexus a luxury division of Toyota? The VAG seems more like cluster of different marques streamlined under one umbrella.

Fair point (along with @queleuleu). IIRC, all three (inc. Scion) are listed together under one entry in the licensing portion of the game, which doesn't bode well.

I never liked Microsoft, XBox or Forza as brands, but I did decide to spend a ridiculous amount of money, buying a console, forza6 and horizon, xboxlive, some dlc and a TMX wheel.. all that only to be able to drive the few cars of MY favourite manufacturer.

You spent all that money to drive Opels and Vauxhalls? Good on you, I suppose, but why are you complaining in a Toyota thread?

This blows! I just wish this was fake, there is absolutely no way that Forza 7 won't have Toyota production cars.

How about the Toyota's Super GT racecars?

Toyota has been running Lexus models in GT500 for over a decade, with the latest being the LC 500 that debuted this year. And I don't foresee any additional GT500s or GT300s joining the Nissan even if the Toyota issue didn't exist, since Sega appears to have gobbled up the series' license for its new arcade racer; the GT500 GT-R got into the Forza franchise through Nissan rather than the sanctioning body; notice the stock livery doesn't have any "Super GT" or "Autobacs" logos.

latest

Heard a rumor on Reddit that a Project CARS 2 content manager let slip that Toyota no longer wants people modifying their cars in video games.

Keep in mind that there was no source given for this information, but it doesn't sound to far fetched.
So if that's the case, then what is this doing on GTSport?
86gt-png.586381

Would be ridiculous if it turns out you cant modify Toyota Cars at all at any racing games.

Guess Toyota is the new pre-2016 Porsche.

EDIT: From the Reddit post:
That means GT Sport and PC2 will get those cars because there aren't any modifications.

Last edited:
I am happy to move on with this one. Toyota production bores me to tears- I spent my whole childhood riding in my mother's Corolla so I know how crap their cars are. Also, I have studied all those people at work I avoid and I unsurprisingly found that 90% of them are Camry owners. :P

Lexus does leave me wanting to cry though. Those cars are so awesome and I am still hoping they might appear somehow.

I am happy that at least we have the race cars. With Audi and Porsche running for the hills (IRL) the loss of Toyota in sim racing would be a killer.

Last edited:
I am happy to move on with this one. Toyota production bores me to tears- I spent my whole childhood riding in my mother's Corolla so I know how crap their cars are. Also, I have studied all those people at work I avoid and I unsurprisingly found that 90% of them are Camry owners. :P

Lexus does leave me wanting to cry though. Those cars are so awesome and I am still hoping they might appear somehow.

I am happy that at least we have the cars cars. With Audi and Porsche running for the hills (IRL) the loss of Toyota in sim racing would be a killer.
You know that Toyota Road Cars arent consists only of Camry's and Corolla's, right?

Well now, a C class lobby sans the '03 Celica will be a welcomed sight. Nevertheless, only we the fans lose. Shame, that.

If that Reddit page is telling the truth, it's kind of ironic since Toyota is one of the major sponsors of Formula Drift, and there's not a single unmodified 86 in there... :lol:

So Forza goes from losing VW, regaining VW, to losing Toyota? Can V-Dub leave again so that we may get Toyota back?

I thought Toyota was in NFS Payback.. I may be wrong..

You know that Toyota Road Cars arent consists only of Camry's and Corolla's, right?

Yes, but I can only do so many laps in a Supra or a Celica before I get bored as well. For a car manufacture that can lap the earth and moon twelve times or something they certainly have a very plain selection of cars. Sure, the modified Supra was a good car, but when I think of Japan I think Nissan or Honda. The George Fury Nissan Bluebird- now THAT was a car!

As I said in my above post I have huge respect for Lexus and it would break my heart to see them missing from the game.

Last edited:
Lexus could be in a North American release, same goes for Scion.
Scion being closed, most likely only goes through Toyota now.

I see a much better chance of Lexus only, but even that, I would say don't get your hopes up and maybe you'll be surprised.

Nothing like VW and Audi or Lamborghini.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back