It's Official: Forza Motorsport 7 Won't Have Production Toyota Cars

Sad news. Even for antagonists like myself. I live online to out do GM, Toyota and the British ;)
Wasn't Toyota missing at FM3 as well?

This is so ridiculous. Why? This upsetting news may hurt game sales. I am very, very disappointed to hear this.

I don't know — how many people wouldn't buy a game with 700+ cars because 12 weren't included?

I'm not doubting some people call the lost Toyotas their favourites, but if those cars alone were the deciding factor, they can still play any previous Forza.

Heard a rumor on Reddit that a Project CARS 2 content manager let slip that Toyota no longer wants people modifying their cars in video games.

Keep in mind that there was no source given for this information, but it doesn't sound to far fetched.

That'd be a very strange stance to take, what with the Toyobaru essentially being sold as a tuner's blank canvas!

Heard a rumor on Reddit that a Project CARS 2 content manager let slip that Toyota no longer wants people modifying their cars in video games.

Keep in mind that there was no source given for this information, but it doesn't sound to far fetched.

That's stupid if true considering they can always go the Ferrari route and be very specific on what is allowed and what isn't.

Wasn't Toyota missing at FM3 as well?

They have been in every Forza until now.

giphy.gif

We are probably not going to see Toyotas in NFS Payback or The Crew 2 it seems. Funny thing is the the predecessor for the former game had a lot of parts for every Toyota featured in the game.

Interesting. Only Toyota race cars and no road cars in FM7. Could we see no Toyota race cars and only road cars in FH4?

I don't know — how many people wouldn't buy a game with 700+ cars because 12 weren't included?

I'm not doubting some people call the lost Toyotas their favourites, but if those cars alone were the deciding factor, they can still play any previous Forza.

That'd be a very strange stance to take, what with the Toyobaru essentially being sold as a tuner's blank canvas!
Plenty of people would decide not to play that game. Enough to actually demonstrate to those manufacturers what a stupid move it was to be bitching because of modifications and demanding the absence of their brand from a major racing game title.

If that's the case they should pull out of the SEMA Show and giving real vehicles to tuners to build for it. You know, for consistency... :rolleyes:

It's glaringly obvious to me, at this point it's Toyota with a stick up their ass.
Maybe something to do with their relentless campaign for "safety"? Who knows. Just another reason for me to hate Toyota.
Bye, company that hasn't made a car I like in almost 2 decades.

This is so ridiculous. Why? This upsetting news may hurt game sales. I am very, very disappointed to hear this.
Oh, are people going to buy the other game with Toyotas?
:lol:

Plenty of people would decide not to play that game. Enough to actually demonstrate to those manufacturers what a stupid move it was to be bitching because of modifications and demanding the absence of their brand from a major racing game title.

I doubt manufacturers give a damn about whether or not a game sells considering I'm guessing game licensing is a minuscule portion of their profit. What they care about is car sales and considering Toyota's current target market, video games don't really fit their marketing plan.

Lexus being included in the cut is what really confuses me as they tend to present themselves as more of s sporty brand, which would benefit from being in racing games.

Kay....
Let us know which game with Toyota you're gonna buy, mr angry pants.
We will be laughing while we wait.

Have you tried blaming Toyota? Gasp, it can't be Toyota's fault, not at all. No way.

I doubt manufacturers give a damn about whether or not a game sells considering I'm guessing game licensing is a minuscule portion of their profit. What they care about is car sales and considering Toyota's current target market, video games don't really fit their marketing plan.

Lexus being included in the cut is what really confuses me as they tend to present themselves as more of s sporty brand, which would benefit from being in racing games.
They lose potential future customers so yeah, sure they don't care right now, part of the problem, their arrogance and short sightedness. They will lose in the long term though.

Kay....
Let us know which game with Toyota you're gonna buy, mr angry pants.
We will be laughing while we wait.

Have you tried blaming Toyota? Gasp, it can't be Toyota's fault, not at all. No way.
No worries, laugh all you want, you made me laugh a lot just now, so thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not on PC... :(
I never owned a Forza game but I was planing on jumping from GT to Forza because GTS car selection doesn't convice me enough to buy a PS4 and FM7 will be launched on PC.
Keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of a DLC...

Is there a way they can get around this problem? Maybe a very-close-to-stock tuner Supra for example? Like the GT series did with Porsche/RUF.

...and then there's me, realizing there's still going to be 700 other cars to play with. Not having Toyota production cars is a heavy blow ( I personally will miss the supra) but I'm sure once we start diving into this game and playing with other cars we will forget about it quickly. It's ok guys, the world still lives.

No worries, laugh all you want, you made me laugh a lot just now, so thanks!
You failed to mention the game that has Toyotas that you and others will be buying.
You know, the only logical way this would really affect sales at all.

Unless you're claiming a notable amount of people will just quit racing games until Toyota decides to get back in the game, which would also be fun.

A slight chink in an impressive suit of armor.

Disappointing news, but its hard to argue with 77 Japanese vehicles. And it includes the BRZ, so that's at least one Toyota model.

:lol:

Bye, company that hasn't made a car I like in almost 2 decades.

They did initiate the GT86/BRZ program - and that car is awesome. It's a very highly praised vehicle. The prius was a pretty big deal also.

I do admit that the omission of the AE86, Supras, Celicas, MR2s and others is disappointing. And its most disapointing because Toyota have made some great performance cars when they actually try to.

Last edited:
Welp, there we go then. Still excited for Forza 7, but the excitement sorta dwindled a bit. Gonna miss my Jun 600HP A Class Supra.

its a strange interesting topic. they not done a Porsche (when they were stuck with the EA licence, and they kinda glad now they opened it all up to different game developers). But the reason VW were not in FH3 cos at the time, the dieselgate scandal was costing them billions for $ (or other currency) to sort out. and also sometimes the best thing to do is not appear to hide itself but also save lots of money from it.

As for Toyota........its a weird one.........they doing alright with their fiances. they road cars are selling. and they letting us have the race cars (which atm is a small number, a BTCC, a NASCAR and 2 LMP prototypes......that's not a lot......I'm hoping badly they open it up more to a lot of race cars to cover it all up). but not a single road car.

as a Toyota Aygo owner myself (that car appeared back in forza 4, and my very first car) I have mix feelings from it, disappointed and angry......Also....is it just Toyota Road cars itself and its sister brands like Lexus (which is partly half Japanese, half American) and the now defunt brand Scion.

I would like them to pass an official statement from Toyota themselves. Also, its weird that atm Only GT Sport has 2 proper production cars. the GT86 and the small concept car.

Plenty implies a significant portion. I get that we're online, and people are prone to hyperbole here (seeing the FB comments on the article now), but how many people do you believe were only going to buy this game if it had a handful of road-going Toyotas? I mean, I can't really see them buying any other racing game either then. GT Sport has one. PCARS2? One. Assetto Corsa has... three, and a few pre-tuned versions.

Not buying a game that doesn't include Toyotas doesn't really tell them anything, since they're not missing out. It's a bit different than it was when people would say they wouldn't buy an EA game because of the Porsche exclusivity.

You failed to mention the game that has Toyotas that you and others will be buying.
You know, the only logical way this would really affect sales at all.

Unless you're claiming a notable amount of people will just quit racing games until Toyota decides to get back in the game, which would also be fun.
You didn't understand zero of what I am saying since your first reply to me, saying I should consider blaming Toyota, not the game developer, yet that's all I did, which you failed to notice.

I don't personally care a tiny bit aboutvToyota. I'm about another manufacturer currently being absent from another game in development. Now, to make you understand my point better: I never liked Microsoft, XBox or Forza as brands, but I did decide to spend a ridiculous amount of money, buying a console, forza6 and horizon, xboxlive, some dlc and a TMX wheel.. all that only to be able to drive the few cars of MY favourite manufacturer. I never used any other car, do not care about career races, livery editor etc. I spent all that money for a couple of cars. That's dedication! And that's why I can understand the many Toyota enthusiasts who are disappointed, who were waiting for a new game from a developer they like and to drive their favourite marque in the game.

And, Slipztrem, I do believe there's a significant portion of people feeling that way. Maybe some will stop racing games altogether! Or switch to PC where its possible to drive their brands via mods!

There ARE people who are very dedicated to one or few brands, it's cool there are those more open to any brand, and of course the absence of a particular brand won't affect them much, but they need also understand the disappointment of those dedicated guys.

Last edited:
Back