It's Official: Forza Motorsport 7 Won't Have Production Toyota Cars

I think for the majority of fans this lack of Toyota is quite a bit deal as for the very first time it seemed as if the entire game would feel complete again: Porsche in from the start, VW coming back, it all looked as if FM7 would hands down be the best car collection game of the current console generation. Even without Toyota it still is, but you can't ignore the feeling that "something is missing".

For me FH2 actually feels like one of the most complete games. It has VW, Toyota, Scion, Lexus, Porsche and RUF in it. Sure it lacks all the modern 2016/2017 cars but driving around that game also gives a special feeling: no fantasy cars like Regalia, Rocket, Warthog. No Hot Wheels tracks or cars, even no GT racing cars (which IMO don't really belong in a FH game either). In FH2 it truly feels as if the hypercars are the stars of the game closely followed by the supercars, without too much fantasy or nonsense. FH2 is actually from setting and atmosphere one of the most believable Forza games IMO. Sure there are the 2 Fast and Furious DLC packs but they really belong there IMO and DLC packs with such a theme (or the rumoured Hoonigan pack for FH3) are spot-on the type of content updates that franchise should get.

I hope for FH4 that feeling will come back again and the fantasy cars and GT race cars are left out again.
FH2 is better than FH3. Something off with the Fh3 map. Better map, better atmosphere.

FH2 is better than FH3. Something off with the Fh3 map. Better map, better atmosphere.

I like both but I see what you mean. IMO the FH3 map has great eco systems like the desert, rain forest, beaches and main city. But the racing circuits feel a bit generic and could be better IMO. FH2 doesn't have these very different eco systems but the layout of the map and the racing circuits are more fun IMO. Also I prefer the 5 city style of FH2, in FH3 they did an absolutely amazing job with Surfers Paradise and Byron Bay but only 2 cities on the main land just isn't enough IMO. Maybe the other 2 smaller urban areas should have been made a bit bigger twith their own festival hub and more events.

Another thing is FM4 had many more "normal" cars from the recent decade, and many weren't included in subsequent games.

That's one of the reasons why I don't see how the FM7 car list could replicate the FM4 feel. The latter makes me think of small city cars, luxury sedans and several non-mainstream manufacturers. FM7 is shaping up to be more like a more in depth continuation of FM6's sole focus on performance and rather well-known manufacturers.

I'm playing FM6 and the entire level up (85) screen were either AE86's or GT86's,I won the Trueno.."sigh".

St3ZfOsfM.gif

I'm sorry. lol I can't believe I wasted my time doing this. I can't even make the Forza logo move because I'm a noob. :lol:
I can't get over the lack of Toyotas. :( I'm still getting the Ultimate edition and I'm having some hope for the Toyota DLC/Expansion. You know, hope dies last. ;)

I was a bit disappointed in this, as well, but some of the speculation ideas have struck me as a bit absurd. My own thoughts are that, while Toyota got away from fun/performance cars until the 86 jointly developed with Subaru, they have some interesting things in the works, like the 2019 Supra. Toyota has also been partnering with other companies--such as BMW, Mazda, and Subaru--so my wild guess is that this is a critical time for Toyota, with complex licensing concerns which they may not want to put at risk. But that's simply my own wild speculation added to all the other things out there.

Here's a different take. I recently saw a quote somewhere of a Toyota exec back in 2009 excoriating racing games because they eliminate the need for real cars. So he's saying getting paid to advertise your cars in video games hurts real car sales? The hell? I'm not going to be able to drive to work in a virtual car...

Here's a different take. I recently saw a quote somewhere of a Toyota exec back in 2009 excoriating racing games because they eliminate the need for real cars. So he's saying getting paid to advertise your cars in video games hurts real car sales? The hell? I'm not going to be able to drive to work in a virtual car...

That only works if Toyota had something of interest for me to buy. Until then its not happening.

The only Toyota in the current lineup I would entertain owning would be the 86. I did look at one when buying my latest car but as fun as the handling was, there was no power that was needed for overtaking people in day to day driving as it was supposed to be my daily. Went with a Golf Gti instead. Make a Corolla with similar performance and I might've given it a glance but the current range-no dice.

Lexus are out of my price range so no love there.

The only Toyota I see myself buying in the near future would be a secondhand Supra

I forgot Toyota wasn't in the game. (Well, I saw one of the few race cars and it reminded me)

Supra and Celica would've been nice to have, as well as the LFA (phenomenal car, huge miss). Still, with 700-odd cars and no doubt more to be added throughout the life of the game, it's not the end of the world.

It's really not so much about them not being in the game, but the supposed reasons why and how Toyota won't just come out and give us the real reason. If they just simply said that licensing their brand in video games no longer aligns with their business strategy, that would be enough for me. So far we've only had third-party accounts of what was said.

It's really not so much about them not being in the game, but the supposed reasons why and how Toyota won't just come out and give us the real reason. If they just simply said that licensing their brand in video games no longer aligns with their business strategy, that would be enough for me. So far we've only had third-party accounts of what was said.

I wonder if Toyota seems to think that the average consumer is really going to care about *why* they aren't in. So they just stay mum.

Back