It's Official: Forza Motorsport 7 Won't Have Production Toyota Cars

I'm afraid It doesn't matter. Rumors are still gonna be spread left and right, repeated dozens of times and turned into incontrovertible truths. It's the internet.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. And, of course, no proof whatsoever to back them up.

Probably been said before but people who say they are not going to buy Forza Motorsport 7 because it doesn't feature production cars from Toyota were never going to buy the game in the first place.

In a game with ~700 cars, you were only going to restrict yourself to 10 of them? Don't kid yourselves. :rolleyes:

Dear oh dear, no Supra is pain enough - let alone the whole Toyota lineup basically

GET JGTC Supra's in the game at least T10!!!

Probably been said before but people who say they are not going to buy Forza Motorsport 7 because it doesn't feature production cars from Toyota were never going to buy the game in the first place.

In a game with ~700 cars, you were only going to restrict yourself to 10 of them? Don't kid yourselves. :rolleyes:

In 2015 I purchased an Xbox One for FM6 because it would give me access to a fully modelled Supra MKIV. Not the only reason but it meant a lot during in a time where GT6 had some glaring omissions in the premium car department.

I was looking forward to FM7, but what do more than 700 cars mean when FM6 ended up with more than 600 and no giant holes in its car roster? A well-rounded car list means more to me than sheer numbers. I might buy FM7 at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if FM6 and FH3 can hold me over until they announce FH4 or FM8. The Toyota problem better be sorted by then, because not having them ruins a lot. See my previous post in this thread if you have no idea what I'm on about.

Finally, not to pretend that the number of missing cars mean much but I count more than 10 cars when you combine the Toyota and Lexus lineups across the most recent Forza games.

In 2015 I purchased an Xbox One for FM6 because it would give me access to a fully modelled Supra MKIV. Not the only reason but it meant a lot during in a time where GT6 had some glaring omissions in the premium car department.

I was looking forward to FM7, but what do more than 700 cars mean when FM6 ended up with more than 600 and no giant holes in its car roster? A well-rounded car list means more to me than sheer numbers. I might buy FM7 at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if FM6 and FH3 can hold me over until they announce FH4 or FM8. The Toyota problem better be sorted by then, because not having them ruins a lot. See my previous post in this thread if you have no idea what I'm on about.

Finally, not to pretend that the number of missing cars mean much but I count more than 10 cars when you combine the Toyota and Lexus lineups across the most recent Forza games.

I get that people are disappointed about the news and they are fully entitled to be, especially if some of their favourite cars are Toyotas. But as you have acknowledged in your post, it is not your only reason behind purchasing a game in the Forza series and that's most likely the case with any user who has a strong connection with Toyota. The issue I have is people claiming to boycott the game because Toyota is not present at launch - I'm sure you have many fond stories to tell regarding your experience with FM6 which does not involve a Toyota, despite your affinity with the Supra MK4.

Also, funny you should mention how the car count has reduced significance due to the number of cars in its predecessor. For starters, 100 new cars is a respectable sum on its own, that's 14% of cars new to the series assuming every car returns from FM6, and we know that won't be the case since Toyota is out at launch.

And finally, Turn 10 has not provided a statement on Lexus being absent so we cannot rule them out just yet.

Some of this stuff is laughable to me. I'd be way more upset if Nissan, Subaru or Mitsubishi were missing. But even then, I wouldn't be that upset. Not even a .5 on a scale of 1-10.

Anyone who isn't going to buy a game with 700+ cars in it, because a few mediocre production toyotas are missing, well that's fine by me. Go ahead and take your ball and go play elsewhere. I mean the Supra yeah, and the 2000gt, it's a shame they aren't in the game. It's not that big of a deal IMO. Especially with the race models supposedly still going to be around.

I'm not tying to be an ass, i think there's a little too much whining about it, like it's a huge issue.I'll take Porsche on day one and be happy missing a few production Toyotas.

Some of this stuff is laughable to me. I'd be way more upset if Nissan, Subaru or Mitsubishi were missing. But even then, I wouldn't be that upset. Not even a .5 on a scale of 1-10.

Anyone who isn't going to buy a game with 700+ cars in it, because a few mediocre production toyotas are missing, well that's fine by me. Go ahead and take your ball and go play elsewhere. I mean the Supra yeah, and the 2000gt, it's a shame they aren't in the game. It's not that big of a deal IMO. Especially with the race models supposedly still going to be around.

I'm not tying to be an ass, i think there's a little too much whining about it, like it's a huge issue.I'll take Porsche on day one and be happy missing a few production Toyotas.
Exactly. This is really not that serious roughly 10 Toyotas vs 700 other cars including the most amount of Porsches ever...ON DAY 1...ill take that over a few Toyotas anyday.

Pontiac are still in, so who knows.

True, but they have cars people actually want... and an Aztec. :lol:

Off the top off my head AMC, Hummer, Plymouth, Eagle, Oldsmobile, Mercury and Sunbeam are also dead in real life but present in FM6. Plus there's a few old race cars whose teams are no longer in business.

Also, funny you should mention how the car count has reduced significance due to the number of cars in its predecessor. For starters, 100 new cars is a respectable sum on its own, that's 14% of cars new to the series assuming every car returns from FM6, and we know that won't be the case since Toyota is out at launch.

As mentioned, FM6 ended up with more than 600 cars. FH3 including DLC has several cars not featured in FM6. Going by the three weekly car reveals so far, it seems that they are going to bring back nearly every car from FM6 and FH3. Time will tell, but even without Toyota, I doubt there will be 100 cars at launch we haven't seen in a Forza game before. We will probably have to wait until June 2018 before FM7's car list will truly have a character of its own. I'm not that eager to drive the FH3 DLC cars on race circuits.

And finally, Turn 10 has not provided a statement on Lexus being absent so we cannot rule them out just yet.

And we probably never will see such a statement since Toyota and Lexus are more or less the same thing. Lexus wasn't in the JDM reveal, so I fail to see what Turn 10 could be saving them for. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Anyone who isn't going to buy a game with 700+ cars in it, because a few mediocre production toyotas are missing, well that's fine by me.

The more than 700 cars argument has little weight unless you have never played a Forza game before. Of course, we'll get to enjoy all the cars with dynamic environments but most likely only on some of the tracks. Right now dynamic environments might save the deal for me, because the static environments of FM6 have become utterly stale by now. All the 4K talk pushed during E3 had little relevance to me whatsoever.

I really hope Turn 10 has been saving some real game changers for Gamescom. I'm all ears for anything to compensate the loss of Toyota and I'm not talking about other manufacturer licenses here.

Last edited:
True, but they have cars people actually want... and an Aztec. :lol:

Off the top off my head AMC, Hummer, Plymouth, Eagle, Oldsmobile, Mercury and Sunbeam are also dead in real life but present in FM6. Plus there's a few old race cars whose teams are no longer in business.

Auto Union, Brabham, Chapparal, and Eagle-Weslake, Lola, Meyers, Reliant SRT, and Watson as well if I am doing my research right.

Pontiac are still in, so who knows.

Well yeah, but there's a difference between a glorified Corolla coupe and a GTO :lol:

It's funny it's T10 that seems to get all the hate for the Toyota ordeal when Gran Turismo, of all games, has a grand total of 1 road car... DIRT has nothing, PC2 has 1 car... It's clearly Toyota that threw their toys out of the pram if every dev out there has nothing or close to nothing.

It's funny it's T10 that seems to get all the hate for the Toyota ordeal when Gran Turismo, of all games, has a grand total of 1 road car... DIRT has nothing, PC2 has 1 car... It's clearly Toyota that threw their toys out of the pram if every dev out there has nothing or close to nothing.

To be honest, I haven't seen many people blame this on Turn 10. I don't think players now turning down FM7 are trying to punish Turn 10 for not getting Toyota, which is an accusation I've seen a few times. Some players have simply lost interest because of this very unexpected news. From what I've been reading here and here, Toyota is getting the vast majority of heat for this, and Toyota is definitely no longer an option for my next car purchase. That said, I'm not entirely convinced Turn 10 and other game developers are completely innocent, but Toyota sure does seem like the troublemaker.

Last edited:
Strangely, this news didn't really affect me. We still get the race cars which (besides a few of the staples like the AE86), I honestly couldn't care less. And that's from someone who owns a Toyota and loves Japanese cars. There a far more eclectic line-up of cars in the game, in particular Japanese models, and I'd argue that the few new Toyota road cars that they could've added wouldn't have really spiced up their in-game line up. Some more of their race cars definitely would, which is good since they're allowed, so... I'm okay with this.

Very sad, indeed. But with the absence of the road cars maybe they will throw in some more race cars than usual to fill in the gap. Would love to see some WRC Celicas.

Er, no.

They have been an influential and respected brand for several times longer than you've been alive. Just because you hadn't heard of them, doesn't mean that no one else cared. Look up the history of Porsche.

You think real world Porsche prices rose because of their exclusivity in video games?

Er, no.

Obviously I need fix my wording in that statement.. Porsche wasn't a big deal.. in the game until it was removed from future updates.. then it became a big deal to get them back.. I'm well aware of their legacy in the real world. Those little souped up beetles have been a staple in the racing industry since shortly after Hitler's demise. Or (way before I was born)

Guess I should elaborate even further to avoid more interwebz scrutiny..

Before Porsche dissapeared you did not find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Porsches in games...

Obviously I need fix my wording in that statement.. Porsche wasn't a big deal.. in the game until it was removed from future updates.. then it became a big deal to get them back
Well.. Not to be rude, but isn't that a bit of common sense? They weren't a big deal before hand because they where already there.

Before Porsche dissapeared you did not find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Porsches in games...

Do you find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Mazdas in games? No.
Do you find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Toyotas in games? You didn't, but it's a lot more prevalent than it was.

I don't think you understand how communication between humans works. It only happens when there's something to talk about. If there's nothing to talk about, evidence of no discussion is evidence of nothing at all.

Do you find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Mazdas in games? No.
Do you find threads upon threads of people talking about driving Toyotas in games? You didn't, but it's a lot more prevalent than it was.

I don't think you understand how communication between humans works. It only happens when there's something to talk about. If there's nothing to talk about, evidence of no discussion is evidence of nothing at all.

Edit: deleted.. not worth the argument..
Yall have fun in yalls discussion. I'll find another place to read up on news and opinions, as yall have made it clear my opinions are not welcome here.

Last edited:
So a paid DLC Toyota pack instead of Porsche pack this time around? no big deal if so

One can hope Toyota comes to they senses, but the official statement from Turn 10 sounded like a definite no to Toyota in FM7. Porsche was announced in advance for FH2 and FM6, while players were asked to stay tuned for Porsche in FH3. Things do not look good right now.

Microsoft is a sponsor of the Toyota Yaris WRC. The world of licensing is mysterious... There is no customisation in GTSport with a focus on modern/concept cars. The opposite of Forza which lets much freedom to the player.

(OT : some JDMs are strongly linked to the world of illegal street racing. In this world of PC, I guess manufacturer like Toyota are not happy that games keep this vision today.)

The Microsoft deal makes this a lot stranger though, especially since Microsoft is working on car software with Toyota specifically, not to mention the sponsorship deal with the WRC team. You would think for that reason T10 would have a lot leverage with Toyota for licensing purposes due to their relationship with Microsoft. While it seems a lot of blame is being levied at Toyota specifically, I'm wondering if there was something specifically in the contract between Microsoft and Toyota that dictated what kind of involvement and use of brand image would be allowed. Note that the deal with Toyota and Microsoft hadn't been signed until this year either.

So everyone is saying they aren't sad that Toyota is missing. But is it really only 5-10 Toyotas that we want?........without starting a Toyota road car wish list (although?) There must be a whole catalogue of JDM stuff we don't know about

Too bad. DLC in the future after they get their rights back?
this reminded me when MW05 and Carbon didn't had any Hondas, IIRC it was because Honda didn't like being saw as illegal street racing cars?

Too bad. DLC in the future after they get their rights back?
this reminded me when MW05 and Carbon didn't had any Hondas, IIRC it was because Honda didn't like being saw as illegal street racing cars?

That's happened a lot with Honda over the years. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 anyone?

I had an idea...
What if the Fast and Furious pack set them over the edge? :lol:

(Theory: T10 had rights to use the Supra and got rights for F&F, Toyota didn't want them too, or expected additional royalties, and T10 said "no, we have those rights already")

I had an idea...
What if the Fast and Furious pack set them over the edge? :lol:

(Theory: T10 had rights to use the Supra and got rights for F&F, Toyota didn't want them too, or expected additional royalties, and T10 said "no, we have those rights already")
It's a compelling theory but wouldn't that have resulted in production Toyotas being banned in Horizon 3 as well?

I think for the majority of fans this lack of Toyota is quite a bit deal as for the very first time it seemed as if the entire game would feel complete again: Porsche in from the start, VW coming back, it all looked as if FM7 would hands down be the best car collection game of the current console generation. Even without Toyota it still is, but you can't ignore the feeling that "something is missing".

For me FH2 actually feels like one of the most complete games. It has VW, Toyota, Scion, Lexus, Porsche and RUF in it. Sure it lacks all the modern 2016/2017 cars but driving around that game also gives a special feeling: no fantasy cars like Regalia, Rocket, Warthog. No Hot Wheels tracks or cars, even no GT racing cars (which IMO don't really belong in a FH game either). In FH2 it truly feels as if the hypercars are the stars of the game closely followed by the supercars, without too much fantasy or nonsense. FH2 is actually from setting and atmosphere one of the most believable Forza games IMO. Sure there are the 2 Fast and Furious DLC packs but they really belong there IMO and DLC packs with such a theme (or the rumoured Hoonigan pack for FH3) are spot-on the type of content updates that franchise should get.

I hope for FH4 that feeling will come back again and the fantasy cars and GT race cars are left out again.

Back